Stepping up the food plot game!

Decided to get a bigger tractor (35hp) and bought a RTP Genesis 3 no til drill the other day! I think this is going to be a life saver for me! I have roughly 15 acres to plant throughout the farm. Corn, beets, soy, clover, switchgrass and screening.

Anyone have one of these no tills? How does it work for you?

ba1dad95f937e7e6a5298c716ca03b7b.jpgdddfb753b500181a239f8ea164364e2b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• Like 9

The tractor in that pic isnt mine, it was the dealers tractor when showing me the genesis 3 when I was buying it. 
I have a Kubota L3400 HST with Loader
Sweet setup. That tractor will save you well, and don't worry about all the haters of that fantastic hydrostatic transmission ! I have a friend with a 3410 and it does everything he needs it to do. Please feel free to tell us how well it works out for you

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

With the new "holiday" ML season, I am going to have to bump up my corn acreage a bit this year.   I never had to worry about it lasting past mid December before.

The coyotes helped me keep the coons out of it last year, allowing my 4 acres to last until then.  I dont know if I can count on that this year, because my neighbor has taken out quite a few coyotes with his traps.

I guess I will be doing some extra corn planting this spring and some extra coon trapping this summer.

Sweet setup. That tractor will save you well, and don't worry about all the haters of that fantastic hydrostatic transmission ! I have a friend with a 3410 and it does everything he needs it to do. Please feel free to tell us how well it works out for you

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Yeah I actually love the HST, I had a geared tractor but this hst has loads of power and I know it will do what I need it to do. I need it for trail maintained and food plots. Maybe digging a few holes and hauling some trees around, she has plenty of power. I just wanted to make sure it could handle the no till drill, that thing weighs alot !
I'll definitely have some updates on it, videos as well of it planting too...

Thanks !

• Like 2

With the new "holiday" ML season, I am going to have to bump up my corn acreage a bit this year.   I never had to worry about it lasting past mid December before.
The coyotes helped me keep the coons out of it last year, allowing my 4 acres to last until then.  I dont know if I can count on that this year, because my neighbor has taken out quite a few coyotes with his traps.
I guess I will be doing some extra corn planting this spring and some extra coon trapping this summer.

I planted biologic winter bulbs and sugar beets and ill tell you what, when that snow came they were in those beets tearing it up. Took them a while to warm up to it but when the snow hit they were in it and when it got super cold and more snow they were in there like clock work every evening at the same time. The 150 I was after was in there every evening watched him a few times while in stand and one evening with the bow he came out, fed for 30 minutes at 40 yards and when he came in closer at 20 he looked up at me and walked off. Was the coldest I've ever sat in.the woods. Felt like it was below 0 with the wind.

I have about 2.5 acres of corn on the list and 3 acres of the beets again. I have never smelled anything so sweet and strong smelling as the winter bulbs. Even right now, if you walk 200 yards down wind of them, you can smell them under 20 inches of snow. The bulbs were the size of basketballs!!
984fed0e2ad3485b77a3bacaa3dfe458.jpg70161e2256d936d71e360baa71de1e9c.jpg013c4f2d3ddc594f1c00d2048c856db2.jpg

• Like 2

Once you get use to it you will really like it.  I have a no till  Kasco eco drill 72 inch and love it, as it saves time and diesel.  You need to get use to it and follow the directions.  The first year I had it, I called it a NO PLANT as my administrations to the fields were not the best. Once I learned to read the directions I found it actually works...and works well. My property has 2 types of soil: 1: gravel with a top layer of stone (you can’t get a spade in the ground) and 2: river bottom that can be wet but is rock free. But I am now use to it and have planted, clover, switchgrass, corn,  beans, buckwheat, turnips, etc all with very good results.  I like it so much I want to get rid of my grain planter,a JD corn/bean, sorghum planter and springtooth harrow as I no longer have a need for them.  Just remember you need to get the seed in the ground and sometimes you need a lot of weight on the planter (I use pieces of rails) Once you get use to it….you will extoll the virtues of the machine as a time and fuel saver.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2021 at 10:13 AM, Geno C said:

Decided to get a bigger tractor (35hp) and bought a RTP Genesis 3 no til drill the other day! I think this is going to be a life saver for me! I have roughly 15 acres to plant throughout the farm. Corn, beets, soy, clover, switchgrass and screening.

Anyone have one of these no tills? How does it work for you?

ba1dad95f937e7e6a5298c716ca03b7b.jpgdddfb753b500181a239f8ea164364e2b.jpg

Very interested in this I have 25 hp tractor and want something just like that as I have been hand planting corn beans and food plots.   Have been doing some research and searching for units most are fairly expensive but these are so versatile and much more efficient. Believe you’re gonna like having it should be fun planting this spring and summer with it.   Please post up when you use it that would be cool to see if you don’t mind 

sweet!

A buddy of mine made one from scratch as a pull behind for his quad. its a super simple idea and works pretty well. Might be tough to cut a 2.5" trench for corn seeds but smaller seeds and beans works great. As the tow behind roller is what applies the down pressure and packs the trench back up. Certainly isnt a several thousand dollar piece of equipment but is awesome.