Holiday deer hunt is a go ths dec

G-Man

Sweet!  GF is gonna love that Xmas present!  Still seems ridiculous not to just extend it thru end of dec .  So muzzleloader ends Dec 22 and reopens the 26.  That part makes no sense to me but more hunting days I am for. 

Now hopefully they get the rest of the whitetail plan done that would be great.

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

Sweet!  GF is gonna love that Xmas present!  Still seems ridiculous not to just extend it thru end of dec .  So muzzleloader ends Dec 22 and reopens the 26.  That part makes no sense to me but more hunting days I am for. 
 Now hopefully they get the rest of the whitetail plan done that would be great.

I like it, I don’t know if it’s the reason but I know for me I would be hunting instead of doing Christmas stuff with the family, this saves me a couple arguments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Hum ,might have to buy a ML again .

A CVA Wolf or Traditions Buckstalker is pretty cheap and shoot well. I'm guessing you can be ready to go all in (supplies) for around $300, maybe $400 tops if you add a usable scope.

• Like 2

Now this only applies if you still have any tags left? Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. 

Also, depends on the weather for me. I used to go in any weather conditions. But single digit temps, with a below zero wind chill, are not fun for me anymore. But there are times during this period, where we'd be out small game hunting during some pretty nice weather! So any added time to hunt deer is good time! I'm certain that at some point we will take advantage!

Guess I better dust off the old TC Thunderhawk Shadow!!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, phade said:

A CVA Wolf or Traditions Buckstalker is pretty cheap and shoot well. I'm guessing you can be ready to go all in (supplies) for around $300, maybe $400 tops if you add a usable scope.

Only problem I’m having now is getting 209 primers besides that I’m ready to go.

19 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Where about is  this place? Probably not anywhere near Campbell 

It's a bit north of you about 90 minutes or so, but they have them, don't advertise, and probably worth the drive because you can get them. Hard to find right now. If you're interested I'll send you the info.

Edited by phade

Just now, Biz-R-OWorld said:

The break between seems odd. why not just through 12/31 like 3S and 1C does? It was cool to bow hunt after xmas while the rest of the state coulnd't hunt. now i don't feel as cool anymore

Cause DEC. Cause NY.

Explanation complete.

• Like 2