Holiday deer hunt is a go ths dec

G-Man

[mention=1547]treeguy[/mention] mounts are coming back from Texas in a snowmobile crate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2020 mounts should be back already. Oh you mean 2019 mounts? Those are dunzo

Well, at least in my neck of the woods, I thing this is a good thing. After opening day of rifle, the hunting activity in my general area steadily declines. By muzzleloader season, there's only a few folks out and that's over 1000 acres. I think the bonus week will have no more than the few diehards in my area that happen to have a tag left.

There's been times where I've had a leftover tag and been kind of burned out by the end of muzzleloader. The bonus week would have probably gotten me out a couple more times.

11 hours ago, G-Man said:

There are hundred of acre and miles of trail on public land that are open ,not my.fault that if you dont want to go to them,  trails here couldnt open for lack of snow until jan anyway some years they are literally only open for a day or two do to lack of snow. Serious snowmobilers trailer north to ride ,perhaps you could as well. 

Not true at all, the area of the southern zone I'm in there is enough snow most years to ride prior to the current season end dates.  It is already an issue with people riding prior to that.  In addition, there are about 10-15% of the trails on public land, and they are scattered all over in little pieces (unridable without the remainder of the trail system open).  It's not MY fault that you can't seem to shoot enough deer in 2.5 months of the current seasons open...  Also, if you were a serious hunter you would drive to the southern regions and long island to hunt this late season... You see how that works the other way?

Not true at all, the area of the southern zone I'm in there is enough snow most years to ride prior to the current season end dates.  It is already an issue with people riding prior to that.  In addition, there are about 10-15% of the trails on public land, and they are scattered all over in little pieces (unridable without the remainder of the trail system open).  It's not MY fault that you can't seem to shoot enough deer in 2.5 months of the current seasons open...  Also, if you were a serious hunter you would drive to the southern regions and long island to hunt this late season... You see how that works the other way?
You do realize he hunts his own private land right? It's not as if this proposal effects your riding on his property.

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

Just now, The Jerkman said:

You do realize he hunts his own private land right? It's not as if this proposal effects your riding on his property.

#WeDemandADislikeButton

The proposal effects riding on all existing trails in the southern zone, with the exception of the small minority of the trails on public land.

The proposal effects riding on all existing trails in the southern zone, with the exception of the small minority of the trails on public land.
So you're telling me you aren't allowed to ride on private property now during this "holiday"? That seems unlikely

#WeDemandADislikeButton

This is direct from the proposal "This proposed, additional hunting opportunity does not impact when snowmobile trails may open. Snowmobile trails are opened after the end of the regular big game hunting season, subject to adequate snow cover and local agreements."

#WeDemandADislikeButton

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

So you're telling me you aren't allowed to ride on private property now during this "holiday"? That seems unlikely

#WeDemandADislikeButton

What I'm saying is that the majority of the trails are on private property, many of those landowners hunt.  If the hunting season is open, than the trails are closed to not upset said landowners. Hence, no you can't ride the trails.  What you have to understand is that a trail may cross 50 landowners from one end of the section to the other, if one landowner in that section is a hunter the section is closed until it's all over.

What I'm saying is that the majority of the trails are on private property, many of those landowners hunt.  If the hunting season is open, than the trails are closed to not upset said landowners. Hence, no you can't ride the trails.  What you have to understand is that a trail may cross 50 landowners from one end of the section to the other, if one landowner in that section is a hunter the section is closed until it's all over.
And those landowners worked their asses off for their land. They have every right to close off access to their land that's why it's called PRIVATE land. Unfortunately if you don't like that then you should either seek out other public land to ride on or purchase your own land so you can do whatever you want. End of the day it's their land and you should be grateful they allow strangers on it

#WeDemandADislikeButton

11 hours ago, Chef said:

Because we have to all get along under his oppressive reign

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remove the dirty , Raunchy , sexual jokes on the site . There are a couple offenders that may find themselves on the members missing thread if this continues to happen . If you want to post this crap , do it on Facebook , Archery Talk or email it to your friends and relatives . Also , your sick joke about Rush Limbaugh is disgusting . 

• Like 4

I remove the dirty , Raunchy , sexual jokes on the site . There are a couple offenders that may find themselves on the members missing thread if this continues to happen . If you want to post this crap , do it on Facebook , Archery Talk or email it to your friends and relatives . Also , your sick joke about Rush Limbaugh is disgusting . 

Agreed and I tried to remove it and for some reason it won’t let me edit it.

I will say the one with the slices of bread was funny and you should have left it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, grampy said:

Now this only applies if you still have any tags left? Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. 

Also, depends on the weather for me. I used to go in any weather conditions. But single digit temps, with a below zero wind chill, are not fun for me anymore. But there are times during this period, where we'd be out small game hunting during some pretty nice weather! So any added time to hunt deer is good time! I'm certain that at some point we will take advantage!

Guess I better dust off the old TC Thunderhawk Shadow!!!!

that's a good point about small game. Sure nothing would stop me from going after squirrels like I normally do during the holiday break, but I have neighbors that hunt and they don't mind me hunting their land in the off season. So I get some real nice long hikes and scouts in that I most likely wont have the ability to do now...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

And those landowners worked their asses off for their land. They have every right to close off access to their land that's why it's called PRIVATE land. Unfortunately if you don't like that then you should either seek out other public land to ride on or purchase your own land so you can do whatever you want. End of the day it's their land and you should be grateful they allow strangers on it

#WeDemandADislikeButton

And I probably own more acreage than most on here, so I totally agree that it is their choice, what I'm saying is the season is long enough, if anything it needs to be shortened.  I guess I'm the rarity, I enjoy both hunting and snowmobiling, and feel the snowmobilers in this case are getting the shaft by the state doing this.  What needs to be done to shoot more deer and increase quality is to introduce shorter split firearms seasons, but that will never happen cause New Yorkers are so shortsighted that they will bitch and complain until the cows come home about taking hunting days away.

And I probably own more acreage than most on here, so I totally agree that it is their choice, what I'm saying is the season is long enough, if anything it needs to be shortened.  I guess I'm the rarity, I enjoy both hunting and snowmobiling, and feel the snowmobilers in this case are getting the shaft by the state doing this.  What needs to be done to shoot more deer and increase quality is to introduce shorter split firearms seasons, but that will never happen cause New Yorkers are so shortsighted that they will bitch and complain until the cows come home about taking hunting days away.
I would argue that the people that actually hunt far exceede the numbers that ride snowmobiles probably by 10-1 likely far greater. And last I checked it's the hunters that contribute far more to the environmental protection than snowmobilers in terms of funding so let's be real hunters should have an extra couple of days if they want it. They're the ones actually paying for things

#WeDemandADislikeButton

12 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I only react to clever insults, this was a miss. Keep trying though

I didn't even think it was an insult until lawd said something. I thought it was a joke about you maybe trapping muskrats lol. 

man we've got some serious cabin fever up in here

7 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

I would argue that the people that actually hunt far exceede the numbers that ride snowmobiles probably by 10-1 likely far greater. And last I checked it's the hunters that contribute far more to the environmental protection than snowmobilers in terms of funding so let's be real hunters should have an extra couple of days if they want it. They're the ones actually paying for things

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Wow what a novel idea, the people paying for it getting a say?  Again, I don't think that's ever been the case in NY before... And you're right snowmobilers don't pay for anything, no tax on those 15K machines, $1200 suits, $500 helmets, who know how many gallons of gas (with the highway tax by the way, that isn't on the road). Not to mention the countless other cost to go out for the day, but you're right they don't contribute... 

Wow what a novel idea, the people paying for it getting a say?  Again, I don't think that's ever been the case in NY before... And you're right snowmobilers don't pay for anything, no tax on those 15K machines, $1200 suits, $500 helmets, who know how many gallons of gas (with the highway tax by the way, that isn't on the road). Not to mention the countless other cost to go out for the day, but you're right they don't contribute... 
Give me a break. I guess hunters just walk to the properties each day. I have said it once and I'll say it again HUNTERS/SPORTSMEN contribute far more to the environment than bunch of dorks on snowmobiles ever have and ever will. For that reason hunters SHOULD ALWAYS have more say. Let alone the property owners should have final say for whatever is done on THEIR PRIVATE LAND! The fact that you keep crying about what private landowners want to do on their land is exactly what is wrong with this entire entitled country. Always want everyone to bend to their will. Guess what you don't like it? Then ride on your own proclaimed private property. You can ride in the middle of July if you really want to.

#WeDemandADislikeButton

7 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Give me a break. I guess hunters just walk to the properties each day. I have said it once and I'll say it again HUNTERS/SPORTSMEN contribute far more to the environment than bunch of dorks on snowmobiles ever have and ever will. For that reason hunters SHOULD ALWAYS have more say. Let alone the property owners should have final say for whatever is done on THEIR PRIVATE LAND! The fact that you keep crying about what private landowners want to do on their land is exactly what is wrong with this entire entitled country. Always want everyone to bend to their will. Guess what you don't like it? Then ride on your own proclaimed private property. You can ride in the middle of July if you really want to.

#WeDemandADislikeButton

WOW, I guess all the others are right, your pen name really does fit... I never said hunters don't contribute, and you throwing insults around about different groups really doesn't help your cause.  What I'm saying is that the state created this issue about private land, I work many hours a year securing permission for trail use on private property and know all about it and the landowners ALWAYS do have the say... 

I think it's really interesting that you as a hunter have no problem with limiting someone else's enjoyment of the outdoors, but if another group was trying to do the same to you it would be a travesty.  

• Like 1