Holiday deer hunt is a go ths dec

G-Man

WOW, I guess all the others are right, your pen name really does fit... I never said hunters don't contribute, and you throwing insults around about different groups really doesn't help your cause.  What I'm saying is that the state created this issue about private land, I work many hours a year securing permission for trail use on private property and know all about it and the landowners ALWAYS do have the say... 
I think it's really interesting that you as a hunter have no problem with limiting someone else's enjoyment of the outdoors, but if another group was trying to do the same to you it would be a travesty.  
The fact of the matter is the HUNTERS/SPORTSPEOPLE contribute far more financially. If the roles were reversed and somehow snowmobilers contributed far more than sportspeople then sure hunters should then lose. I wouldn't have to like it but that's what happens. To cry about it is just silly. People need to do work to secure the private lands they use. Nobody is entitled to anyone elses property nor hard work for free for any reason. And anyone that thinks they are entitled to anything is in for a long miserable life because end of the day all you are entitled to is to be alive. What you do with your life is up to you.

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

2 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

The fact of the matter is the HUNTERS/SPORTSPEOPLE contribute far more financially. If the roles were reversed and somehow snowmobilers contributed far more than sportspeople then sure hunters should then lose. I wouldn't have to like it but that's what happens. To cry about it is just silly. People need to do work to secure the private lands they use. Nobody is entitled to anyone elses property nor hard work for free for any reason. And anyone that thinks they are entitled to anything is in for a long miserable life because end of the day all you are entitled to is to be alive. What you do with your life is up to you.

#WeDemandADislikeButton

And to your point that is exactly what the members of the snowmobile clubs do.  they literally go door to door obtaining permission to cross the private property.  In addition to that (prior to COVID) the clubs held banquets to thank the landowners for the use of said property.  All this effort is completely unpaid volunteer work, so please don't insinuate that the majority of snowmobilers are renegades out there doing whatever they please wherever they please cause it's just not the case.  And I'm not sitting here crying about anything, I'm just stating the fact that this new change directly shortened the snowmobile season.

32 minutes ago, Belo said:

I didn't even think it was an insult until lawd said something. I thought it was a joke about you maybe trapping muskrats lol. 

man we've got some serious cabin fever up in here

I guess I meant joke, I did not take it as malicious. But let the forum be on notice, come at me and BY GAWD THATS @LawdwazMUSIC!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

HUNTERS/SPORTSMEN contribute far more to the environment than bunch of dorks on snowmobiles ever have and ever will. For that reason hunters SHOULD ALWAYS have more say. 

be very, very careful here. We always talk about a backpack tax, but then do we lose our seat at the table.

Personally, I believe who contributes more should only be a minor influence. Science and conservation should dictate their decisions. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rack Attack said:

WOW, I guess all the others are right, your pen name really does fit... I never said hunters don't contribute, and you throwing insults around about different groups really doesn't help your cause.  What I'm saying is that the state created this issue about private land, I work many hours a year securing permission for trail use on private property and know all about it and the landowners ALWAYS do have the say... 

I think it's really interesting that you as a hunter have no problem with limiting someone else's enjoyment of the outdoors, but if another group was trying to do the same to you it would be a travesty.  

Kinda sounds like the compounds crying about the Xbow’s. Limiting someone. 

• Like 1

And to your point that is exactly what the members of the snowmobile clubs do.  they literally go door to door obtaining permission to cross the private property.  In addition to that (prior to COVID) the clubs held banquets to thank the landowners for the use of said property.  All this effort is completely unpaid volunteer work, so please don't insinuate that the majority of snowmobilers are renegades out there doing whatever they please wherever they please cause it's just not the case.  And I'm not sitting here crying about anything, I'm just stating the fact that this new change directly shortened the snowmobile season.
I'm not saying anyone is a renegade. I'm just saying you gotta do the work. If they have permission from those property owners I don't think that the season will be shortened because of the new move. There may be new properties that decide yes they do want to hunt a day or two. I still think it will be minimal at best. Either way I don't see it shortening things to the effect that "it's the end of the world"

#WeDemandADislikeButton

I didn't even think it was an insult until lawd said something. I thought it was a joke about you maybe trapping muskrats lol. 
man we've got some serious cabin fever up in here
Because it was a joke. It's like saying you're not seeing any deer in the stand because you're smelly. You can be as clean as a whistle completely scentless it's a joke. Some people like to read into things a bit too much and then get their panties in a bunch.

#WeDemandADislikeButton

be very, very careful here. We always talk about a backpack tax, but then do we lose our seat at the table.
Personally, I believe who contributes more should only be a minor influence. Science and conservation should dictate their decisions. 
And I'd argue that is exactly what is the case here. With the sportspeople being merely an almost insignificant tilt in influence in their favor

#WeDemandADislikeButton

It’s still up in the chuckle... I made a very distasteful joke about Rush Limbaugh’s death

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're only saying you now think it's distasteful because you're being called out for your evil far left views

#WeDemandADislikeButton

You're only saying you now think it's distasteful because you're being called out for your evil far left views

#WeDemandADislikeButton

You know me long enough off this site to know I’m not far left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think of what's happening here. How big was the demand by hunters to hunt after Christmas? I'm ok with snowmobiles doing their thing; why extend the hunting season to cut into theirs. Also do we really need to shoot something before we can see it well, especially if there are antler restrictions. Why change legal shooting times.

Maybe I'm a conspiracy theory guy; but I think some of this stuff is put into the rules by these politicians just to get hunters and other outdoor people fighting amongst each other.  Don't underestimate how underhanded our Governor is; he works in ways that benefits what he wants at the expense of others.

There were alot of people very firm that this would not happen due to snowmobilers and their influence/$ spend. I spent time looking and it clearly showed to me that hunters spend much more at the national and state level. I'm not saying decisions should be made on who spends more, but I'm convinced hunters do, thus reducing the implied impact of snowmobiler influence on this decision. This came to life because the proposal was passed.

Also, many people said they had "inside" news that the official final passed regulation would be a lift and shift. It was not, it was an addition to, ultimately.

Instead of us whining about what if - let's just acknowledge that it passed, it's the new norm, and it's an expansion of the season. No sense crying over spilled milk at this point unless we all think we'll get it rescinded in 2024 when this gets reviewed for final/permanent inclusion.

CVA Wolf is a good, cheap buy for people who might partake that didn't. Or for kids who might go out.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, phade said:

There were alot of people very firm that this would not happen due to snowmobilers and their influence/$ spend. I spent time looking and it clearly showed to me that hunters spend much more at the national and state level. I'm not saying decisions should be made on who spends more, but I'm convinced hunters do, thus reducing the implied impact of snowmobiler influence on this decision. This came to life because the proposal was passed.

Also, many people said they had "inside" news that the official final passed regulation would be a lift and shift. It was not, it was an addition to, ultimately.

Instead of us whining about what if - let's just acknowledge that it passed, it's the new norm, and it's an expansion of the season. No sense crying over spilled milk at this point unless we all think we'll get it rescinded in 2024 when this gets reviewed for final/permanent inclusion.

CVA Wolf is a good, cheap buy for people who might partake that didn't. Or for kids who might go out.

can confirm, you did some solid research here and posted it in the other thread

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cutbait said:

Also do we really need to shoot something before we can see it well, especially if there are antler restrictions. Why change legal shooting times.

30 minutes before sunrise or after sundown is still bright enough to see. Just about every state does this.

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 5

30 minutes before sunrise or after sundown is still bright enough to see. Just about every state does this.
The argument can be made that even a full hour before in some areas is just as bright as 30 mins post sunrise

#WeDemandADislikeButton

15 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

The argument can be made that even a full hour before in some areas is just as bright as 30 mins post sunrise

#WeDemandADislikeButton

The DEC allows turkey hunting 1/2 hr before sunrise. If we can make out a beard, we sure as heck ought to be able to see antlers on a deer or another hunter walking by.

• Like 4

The DEC allows turkey hunting 1/2 hr before sunrise. If we can make out a beard, we sure as heck ought to be able to see antlers on a deer or another hunter walking by.
Same deal with duck hunting. I'd argue a fast moving dipping and diving bird is far more difficult to make out what it is in an instant vs a bit more time with deer. The half HR before and after sunrise/sunset is a much welcome change

#WeDemandADislikeButton

51 minutes ago, cutbait said:

Think of what's happening here. How big was the demand by hunters to hunt after Christmas? I'm ok with snowmobiles doing their thing; why extend the hunting season to cut into theirs. Also do we really need to shoot something before we can see it well, especially if there are antler restrictions. Why change legal shooting times.

Maybe I'm a conspiracy theory guy; but I think some of this stuff is put into the rules by these politicians just to get hunters and other outdoor people fighting amongst each other.  Don't underestimate how underhanded our Governor is; he works in ways that benefits what he wants at the expense of others.

There's maybe one state east of the Mississippi that has this sunrise/set rule....and it's NY. Not saying we should follow others blindly just because...but usually when the whole room is looking at you funny on topics like this, it's because you are.

• Like 1