Gender questions...

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

You obviously read the sources I supply with selectivity.  The best teacher is personal experience.  One day you may regret your ignorance when it comes for you.

dude...

you posted a link and another member posted another. I read both. This is your response? Why not respond with proof to backup your claim?

toodles :bye:

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, DoubleDose said:

I couldn't agree more.  This is not a choice. If you believe it is then ask yourself the following two questions: 1) Why would someone chose this? and 2) When in life did you make your choice?

Exactly--Read Caitlyn Jenners story; it is very enlightening, to say the least.  Theres no way in hell she chose this sort of lifestyle...these sort of feelings, etc. Hell, back in the day when "she " was a "he", "they"  were on top of the world right?-(Olympic champion, pretty wife , etc); but as she relates in different interviews, she always felt like she was in the wrong body--when her family wasnt around, would sneak up into her sisters bedroom and wear her clothes, for example.  Also, she says she always was --and still is-- attracted to women and not men...so it wasnt a "gay" thing (although it now kind of is lol).  I think that basically, despite being a biological/anatomical male, Caitlyn always had a proclivity for presenting herself as a woman because thats how she always viewed herself.  This is something deep inside you, having to do with your self-concept (I guess).  In short, most people picture themselves--in their heads-- as the gender which is congruent with their biological anatomy--others, like Caitlyn and other trans people, do not. 

10 minutes ago, airedale said:

About all I have to say is this board is turning into a real shithole!!!

Al

Might not be there yet , but you can see it from here .

All these type threads should be in the political section ,where one has to seek them out . I’m all, for off topic treads especially in the off season but perhaps they don’t need to appear at the top of the main page where most traffic is .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Belo said:

you posted a link and another member posted another. I read both. This is your response? Why not respond with proof to backup your claim?

I posted 2 and you do not see proof where it exists.  It's futile to go on with you.

2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

All these type threads should be in the political section ,where one has to seek them out . I’m all, for off topic treads especially in the off season but perhaps they don’t need to appear at the top of the main page where most traffic is .

I just realized this isn't in the political threads.  it should be moved.

1 hour ago, Chef said:

I think it’s weird and kind of crazy. I also believe it’s probably a metal illness.

That being said why does it bother you? Why is it sickening. Just take pity on these people and move on. I’d they wanna be a chick with a dick what’s ur issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It bothers me because gender is not very complicated and really it’s quite simple. You come into this world with just 2 options male or female. I’m tired of all the babying, labeling and all the bs that goes on because we don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings and I also worry what this places looks like for my kids when I’m long gone and all this bs only gets worse. 
Now this form we have Q = not sure, wtf? NB = Non Binary again wtf? GNC Gender non conforming again wtf, or GNL gender not listed, really out of the 9 options they gave you yours isn’t listed? It’s a freaking joke! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Northcountryman said:

Hermaphrodite, I think.  Some people are legitamately born with a mix of both of the sexes anatomical features;Thats where alot of the gender identity confusion can originate and for completely biological reasons.  If your born with testes and a vagina with an enlarged clitoris that is almost like a penis, youre a hermaphrodite; therefore, you exhibit both of the sexes normal characteristics. I think in most  cases, people that are born with this condition can choose either gender to "become", so to speak, but its tough cuz theyre truly on the fence. A number of years ago, I worked with this "guy" named Chris who was a hermaphrodite.  I think while in middle school , he "chose " to be a he and so had corrective surgery , in addition to hormone therapy, and became a guy.  You could still tell something was off with him though--even without being privy to his medical condition-- cuz he was very emotional and effete acting.  

All that aside, X and Y chromosomes don't lie. What you mentioned is a physical manifestation but has NO bearing on the chromosomal make up of that person. They are still either male or female.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Jenner was off the radar at the time and becoming insignificant.  I suspect it was a choice to get back in the spotlight and it has paid off handsomely thanks to leftist accolades.  I see it as a choice.

Really?  All the medical procedures and ridicule--just for attention? I respectfully disagree...

3 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

All that aside, X and Y chromosomes don't lie. What you mentioned is a physical manifestation but has NO bearing on the chromosomal make up of that person. They are still either male or female.  

Mostly, but not all the time.  there are chromosomal anomolies such as Turner's (1 X), Klinefelfter's (XXY) or  regular hermaphroditic (XXXY) which make biological sex more amibiguous 

17 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Maybe, but thats a hell of a price to pay, dont you think? Me--I'd stay dirt poor before i'd give up my weenie lol :taunt:

The quest for fame makes some people do extraordinary things.  They can no longer tolerate being ordinary.

3 hours ago, knehrke said:

I don't really understand it myself, but my teenage daughter was ?? her gender back in high school, and when somebody you love goes through it, I think you become a little more understanding.

I also don't get why it matters to anybody. How do these questions impact my life in any way whatsoever? Different strokes and all. So my attitude is lIve and let live. 

It would be different if someone told me that I wasn't the gender I'd thought myself to be for my whole life lol...

I know two families who have dealt with transgender kids, one from the time he was a very small child, the other in grade school, it is difficult to say the least, but I would think choosing Male or Female on a MEDICAL FORM is far more important than how one feels inside.

Regardless of how one feels or identifies, we are all - in reality - one or the other and I'm sure in some circumstances that fact is probably very important.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Are really going to let this thread go any longer and not address one of our very own members used the ladies room at one of the GTG and then used the gender card on the bartender trying to throw him out LOL.

Women historically used men’s rooms at venues where the lines at the women’s room was long and nobody was in the men’s room .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Are really going to let this thread go any longer and not address one of our very own members used the ladies room at one of the GTG and then used the gender card on the bartender trying to throw him out LOL.

Full disclosure, I once used the ladies room at a USF football game when it was played at Raymond James in Tampa (where the SB was this year). Right behind the pirate ship.

My defense is A - pure drunkenness as a freshmen trying to keep up shot for shot with my frat brother who outsized me by 60-70lbs. 

And B. This was long enough ago that women actually had a positive reception to it and I ended up with quite a few phone numbers. I received a standing ovation from the line of women as I exited, which was when I realized the error of my ways.

One of the few times in my life being young, drunk, and stupid had a positive outcome.

I could not do this today.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I just hope we can apply the same to deer hunting ! I’ll use my 8 doe tags to shoot 8 bucks , because they clearly identified as female .

I'm with ya on this one!

The moment that big ten point squats to pee, I'm sending it! And using a 4-H DMP!

"He identified as a doe officer"!!!

• Like 2

I don't know. I understand that people that are gay don't choose to be gay. But what is all this other stuff? Wasn't Male, Female gay and lesbian plenty?  I also have a problem with a guy in my daughters school named Phillip, has to be identified as and called Rose. He also gets to use the girls locker room and girls bathrooms. It makes every girl in the school uncomfortable for one kid that is a guy but wants to be a girl. I'm not sure who that is ok too.....Now if this kid is mentally sound etc. Then i feel for him and his family. But boys go in the boys room and girls go in the girls room.....this is pretty simple to me....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Northcountryman said:

Mostly, but not all the time.  there are chromosomal anomolies such as Turner's (1 X), Klinefelfter's (XXY) or  regular hermaphroditic (XXXY) which make biological sex more amibiguous 

The "anomalies" are not what we are seeing here but I'll play along. Which one of the disorders you listed causes the presence of both male and female genitalia?

I was out shopping recently, the bathrooms were both marked as either sex, I entered and was at the urinal when an older woman walked in and I was very uncomfortable. She made the comment "guess we're in new times" and went into a stall.

I was very uncomfortable knowing all she had to do was walk out into the store and make a claim against me.....

At what point does one's "personal freedom or choice" stop when it impacts others?

There is a teenage girl in our community that identifies herself as a "red fox" she is going to school with fox ears, long tail and whiskers painted on her face. 

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Couldn't agree more.