Gender questions...

57 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Gender reveals are just perfect for the times we live in ,just another "hey everyone look at me" moment. Except for this time it didnt go as planned I dont think.

Yeah i saw that, sad for the family but what the hell have people turned into with this crap. Remember when gender reveals happened in the delivery room!? This crap is outta control. Nobody really gives a flying shit if your having a boy or a girl, just as long as it’s healthy! 

• Like 1

There are alot of changes going on - gender, racial, cultural, etc.

It's very profound at work. Being responsible as a leader, it's very front of mind now. I'm a live and let live kind of person, but the work implications only grow as time goes on.

Some of this movement does go very far - not speaking to my work but in general you read about things like Coke, etc. Even being curious, it's kind of hard to wrap around one's head to be less white, less male, etc. 

That said, I see it generationally across my leadership team. With 25 leaders, they range the gambit. The ones with 0-3 years of leadership experience have a clear difference in perspective. Not right or wrong, but very different than the rest of the generations. It's not tenure bound as I'm not seeing people change that perspective as time goes on. To the same degree I see it in individual contributors, too.

Ultimately, the world is changing. I'm convinced it's a get on board or get left behind scenario, at least in public (for those who so choose). I don't see the "old" way of doing things, norms, etc., lasting much longer as the generations age up. I can't find many of the newest generation that has the older perspective (I'm not speaking age but generationally). That forces change in perspective on those who become the minority. 

Asking why questions are a perfect example - for me, as a leader, I was taught to ask why five times. Get to RCA. Be curious. Learn/understand the problem, move forward with solutioning and measuring. It's a core component of Lean Six Sigma.

You ask a why question to a newer generation and they accuse you of implying guilt, forcing defensiveness, train to blame, and it being a sign of a bad leader. There are literally Tik Toks on it.

Many generations view why as a positive connotation; newer generations do not. Such a disconnect.

One interesting thing about females on the FD,  is zero woman work on a Truck, they’re all on Engines or staff . Truck work involves heavier tools and equipment, that you often have to use to accomplish a task by yourself . Dragging a charged line up stairs and around corners can be hard work too, but the Engine works as a team on that line . Throwing up a heavy ladder there’s no team doing it , just you , carrying a 35# saw up,that ladder while wearing 80# it’s just you .

Pulling an adult out a second floor window ,putting them on your shoulder, ( I’ve done it ) and bringing them down the ladder it’s just you .

We all take the same test and go to the academy ,where there’s one standard ,well kinda . But on the line it’s where things fall to their natural order .

• Like 4

1 hour ago, phade said:

You ask a why question to a newer generation and they accuse you of implying guilt, forcing defensiveness, train to blame, and it being a sign of a bad leader. There are literally Tik Toks on it.

Many generations view why as a positive connotation; newer generations do not. Such a disconnect.

I think it depends on what you're asking "why" about. And I've experienced and read the exact opposite with some of my younger staff. They're more challenging and less likely to accept "because it's always been that way" or "we've always done it that way".

1 hour ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

With all this transgender talk going on, I feel it's time I share my secret....I'm transfinancial, which means I am a rich man born in a poor man's body....Please send my your money so I can fix my financial identity issue. 

Send me your bank account information so I can send you a transfer . :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

"How is any of this a threat to you?"

"The number of kids who identify as LGBT, especially trans and bisexual, has absolutely skyrocketed. If you think this is a natural or organic development, you're deluded. The media, Hollywood, and the school system actively recruit children into the LGBT ranks." —Matt Walsh

You know, Grouse, for once I agree with you lol. We all know how impressionable youth can be. And sometimes small fears can be exacerbated by constant exposure. So yeah, I think that a teenager's natural inclination to...distrust...what is happening to their body can be magnified and turned malignant by the current climate. This is a very real issue.

What I don't know is how to combat it. I suspect that it is part of the evolution toward a more compassionate society, and that the "irreversible damage" that occurs is no worse than the irreversible damage brought about by most of our teenage years. I know I damaged many, many brain cells, what few were functional at least, with the stuff I did in my younger years.

As with most issues teenage, you can't dictate anything to them. It's all educate not alienate and low key osmosis. Interesting that gender dysphoria is almost uniquely female, whereas trans- folks can come from either sex. Lots of good questions to think about there. 

On 2/27/2021 at 1:06 AM, Grouse said:

"How is any of this a threat to you?"

"The number of kids who identify as LGBT, especially trans and bisexual, has absolutely skyrocketed. If you think this is a natural or organic development, you're deluded. The media, Hollywood, and the school system actively recruit children into the LGBT ranks." —Matt Walsh

Yes, I Agree ; I believe there was a study done on this a few years ago about the correlation between transgender education in young people and a higher incidence of these kids coming out and identifying as transgender .

18 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Yes, I Agree ; I believe there was a study done on this a few years ago about the correlation between transgender education in young people and a higher incidence of these kids coming out and identifying as transgender .

up to the 1950s all of these  people with unorthodox  sex lifestyles were classified as having mental problems by the American psychological association  then they got organized and sued  them to change there diagnosis  and this is the result, guys with beards playing in women sports and you cant say a word about it or you are the bad guy . 

Edited by phantom

18 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Correlation. And a beautiful one at that. People tend to feel more comfortable living out who they are in accepting circles. You know, the type of circle that won’t beat them to death for their gender dysphoria. 

5 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Correlation. And a beautiful one at that. People tend to feel more comfortable living out who they are in accepting circles. You know, the type of circle that won’t beat them to death for their gender dysphoria. 

Indeed, that is, if they are truly and authentically afflicted with gender dyshoria , rather than being convinced by so called "Professionals".