Gender questions...

10 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Well there is the cancel culture

lol come on man. I deeply respect your hunting knowledge, but this isn't cancel culture. I just don't see the direction this thread has gone to being paramount to what this forum is dedicated to. I share some of the opinions even, but would rather us continue to talk about guns and killing things. It's 14 pages and everyone had a chance to speak their peace. 

This thread is like if they replaced a quarter of a football game broadcast with a lifetime movie.

1 hour ago, knehrke said:

I see cancel culture up close and personal every day. It's disheartening, but not everything that you disagree with should automatically be labeled cancel culture. It's become a rallying cry of the far right, much like the left calling the right Nazis. Words intended to provoke an immediate and intense reaction because that's how we've been conditioned. 

I'd suggest less buzzwords. I appreciate a well constructed argument, even one I disagree with lol.

Wouldn't wanting a thread locked becasue you don't feel it should be allowed on a hunting forum in the political section where the politics surrounding race and gender is being discussed would fall right in line with the term Cancel Culture?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Belo said:

lol come on man. I deeply respect your hunting knowledge, but this isn't cancel culture. I just don't see the direction this thread has gone to being paramount to what this forum is dedicated to. I share some of the opinions even, but would rather us continue to talk about guns and killing things. It's 14 pages and everyone had a chance to speak their peace. 

This thread is like if they replaced a quarter of a football game broadcast with a lifetime movie.

It's amazing to me that many (not you) that I run into have no idea how some of these "good intentioned" programs have real world impacts on them. Whether it is being passed over for a job position or having to pay higher taxes. NY's moves to include project labor agreements that force Union participation to build publicly funded projects, State of Federal mandates to pay Davis Bacon Wages on projects that are publicly funded, Having to meet "goals" for subcontractor contracts to a class of business, among others. It forces costs up and those costs are funded by taxpayer money. 

So I can see some value if it's info they can use in selecting or supporting candidates or policies. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Wouldn't wanting a thread locked becasue you don't feel it should be allowed on a hunting forum in the political section where the politics surrounding race and gender is being discussed would fall right in line with the term Cancel Culture?

Sure it does. But using provocative terms that didn't exist a few years ago provokes conditioned reactions. I'd rather folks simply say what they mean, as you did above. It is too easy to label things. 

19 minutes ago, Belo said:

good lord you're dense. you might be worse than papsmear

Dense would apply to the person that refuses to listen to opposing opinions.  One is considered ignorant when they don't know the truth.  One is considered dense when they don't want to know the truth.

17 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

12 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

It's amazing to me that many (not you) that I run into have no idea how some of these "good intentioned" programs have real world impacts on them. Whether it is being passed over for a job position or having to pay higher taxes. NY's moves to include project labor agreements that force Union participation to build publicly funded projects, State of Federal mandates to pay Davis Bacon Wages on projects that are publicly funded, Having to meet "goals" for subcontractor contracts to a class of business, among others. It forces costs up and those costs are funded by taxpayer money. 

So I can see some value if it's info they can use in selecting or supporting candidates or policies. 

My point is that everyone has said their peace. Not that opinions should be censored or that the points made were those I disagree with. But it's run its course. Threads have been locked for a lot less, but I also get that eddie is really the only active mod left. There were some borderline hateful statements made about transgender, jewish and now african americans in here. Why does it need to continue to go on?

4 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Dense would apply to the person that refuses to listen to opposing opinions.  One is considered ignorant when they don't know the truth.  One is considered dense when they don't want to know the truth.

thank you for agreeing with me

18 minutes ago, Belo said:

My point is that everyone has said their peace. Not that opinions should be censored or that the points made were those I disagree with. But it's run its course. Threads have been locked for a lot less, but I also get that eddie is really the only active mod left. There were some borderline hateful statements made about transgender, jewish and now african americans in here. Why does it need to continue to go on?

thank you for agreeing with me

I feel the thread has run it's course and members have posted the same things over and over but feel I have been put in a Catch 22 position . If I lock the thread , people will feel that I am biased . If I don't lock it , same thing . 

So - Here's the Deal -- At Noon tomorrow ( March 5 ) , I am going to lock the thread .  Get whatever else you have to say out of your system ! You have a little over 26 hours so Git 'r Done !

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I dont understand why any thread would get locked unless it devolved into personal attacks or the like

you don't think talking about the groups the way some have here doesn't become personal? We're not all white christian men on this board.

Sincerely,

A vagina loving, white christian man

Edited by Belo

Just now, Belo said:

you don't think talking about the groups the way some have here doesn't become personal? We're not all white christian men on this board.

You stated that everyone had spoken their piece and it should be locked, not that there were personal attacks. My statement was more general anyway, arbitrarily closing threads. Whos to say when a thread has run its course?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

You stated that everyone had spoken their piece and it should be locked, not that there were personal attacks. My statement was more general anyway, arbitrarily closing threads. Whos to say when a thread has run its course?

26 hours and counting .........

• Thanks 1

Just proves certain topics are not allowed to be discussed anymore and the "offended" control the narrative now.  It's a free country.  We are free to do whatever they let us do.

This is a very complicated issue being discussed here.  That requires a long thread.  Seems when one side cannot defend it's position, it calls for an end of the discussion.  Has there been any uncivil conversation here? Can't have their agenda being questioned effectively, as that might threaten the very existence of their insane agenda.

Edited by Grouse

fast eddie as he's the only active mod I guess haha

Well if fastEddie is taking requests from you (what authority do you have?) for what should be “cancelled” I am hoping my list of “those be cancelled” is considered as well.

At 12:01, who will start thread called “Questions about gender” for all those interested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

So, 14 pages isn't enough discussion lol? It's got to be March, "the longest month" as Patrick McManus dubbed it, and everybody's looking for distractions.

It's censorship when it's done officially by the government. Private message board owners or moderators can do as they dang well please. There is no mandated policy that all opinions need to be entertained. Personally, I'm not offended by anything I read on here - I try to judge by actions, not words, and even then I don't think somebody can be judged based on the worst thing they've ever done (thanks, Doom Patrol). I have good friends that I don't argue politics with, not because we are censuring each other, but because no matter what we say, we are going to end up agreeing to disagree (or punching each other in the mouth). Sometimes you just need to end the conversation before it degenerates to that level. Particularly on the internet, where it seems inevitable...

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Just proves certain topics are not allowed to be discussed anymore and the "offended" control the narrative now.  It's a free country.  We are free to do whatever they let us do.

This is a very complicated issue being discussed here.  That requires a long thread.  Seems when one side cannot defend it's position, it calls for an end of the discussion.  Has there been any uncivil conversation here? Can't have their agenda being questioned effectively, as that might threaten the very existence of their insane agenda.

again you're proving your density. It's not that the topic needs to be taboo, it's not that it shouldn't be discussed, it's just that it's been beaten to death. You got your thoughts in. I got mine in and so did many others. 

You have plenty of opportunity to post another 6 non-hunting related political threads per day, don't worry.

16 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Well if fastEddie is taking requests from you (what authority do you have?) for what should be “cancelled” I am hoping my list of “those be cancelled” is considered as well.

At 12:01, who will start thread called “Questions about gender” for all those interested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I threw it out there and he made his call. 

12 minutes ago, knehrke said:

So, 14 pages isn't enough discussion lol? It's got to be March, "the longest month" as Patrick McManus dubbed it, and everybody's looking for distractions.

It's censorship when it's done officially by the government. Private message board owners or moderators can do as they dang well please. There is no mandated policy that all opinions need to be entertained. Personally, I'm not offended by anything I read on here - I try to judge by actions, not words, and even then I don't think somebody can be judged based on the worst thing they've ever done (thanks, Doom Patrol). I have good friends that I don't argue politics with, not because we are censuring each other, but because no matter what we say, we are going to end up agreeing to disagree (or punching each other in the mouth). Sometimes you just need to end the conversation before it degenerates to that level. Particularly on the internet, where it seems inevitable...

thank you

Edited by Belo

23 minutes ago, Belo said:

again you're proving your density. It's not that the topic needs to be taboo, it's not that it shouldn't be discussed, it's just that it's been beaten to death. You got your thoughts in. I got mine in and so did many others. 

I suggest you look into how many threads on this site have exceeded 14 pages.  Some have gone on for 40 pages or more.  They must have all been "beaten to death" by now too.  Want them all locked?  You have a serious bias and the obvious hypocrisy is nauseating.

Edited by Grouse