Maybe some hope

1 hour ago, suburbanfarmer said:

I am thinking what was the alt game. He was planning to run for POTUS for 2024. What do the dems gain by sidelining him?

Zero opposition to KH in 2024 and 2028

The dems in NY were just as sick of him bullying them and now they have a chance as his armor and power are falling apart to get rid of him.  Hes far too damaged goods now to run for president or anything else.  They would rather get him out move on and get him off their backs as well. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

The dems in NY were just as sick of him bullying them and now they have a chance as his armor and power are falling apart to get rid of him.  Hes far too damaged goods now to run for president or anything else.  They would rather get him out move on and get him off their backs as well. 

So who replaces him ...I fear it will be worse. Some one like A..0..See

Edited by suburbanfarmer

20 minutes ago, suburbanfarmer said:

So who replaces him ...I fear it will be worse. Some one like A..0..See

Yup i agree- I expressed this same concern back in the beginning of this.  AOC, Bloomberg, Lettita James .... all farther left.  But i actually would be encoured (for NY) to see Kathy Hochul take over - just dont know on her re-electability after term ends.  And lets face it no Republican is getting in there. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Belo said:

whoever it is, they better f'n legalize weed. It's one of only 3 issues I agree with the dems on and here we are in a deep as f*ck blue state, still without legalized weed.

Isn't the BATFE taking gun rights away from people with state legal medicinal marijuana permits?  Wouldn't state legal weed use, which is still illegal at the federal level, jeopardize your 2nd amendment rights?  Ever consider that maybe why blue states are legalizing it?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Isn't the BATFE taking gun rights away from people with state legal medicinal marijuana permits?  Wouldn't state legal weed use, which is still illegal at the federal level, jeopardize your 2nd amendment rights?  Ever consider that maybe why blue states are legalizing it?

I have seen zero evidence of this scare tactic. 

30 minutes ago, Belo said:

It's not a scare tactic, it's the law.  It's right on the form you fill out when you buy a gun.  If you lie and they can prove it, you are done.  Many people have been denied on the NICS check and their appeals are going nowhere.

1 hour ago, Belo said:

What scare tactic ?  Here it is right on the 4473 form you have to fill out for a backround check. Question 21 section E . You are gonzo if you say yes to that question and WILL be denied firearm purchases indefinitely. Your name will go on the NICS watch list . Only way to get your rights restored afterwards is to got through the court system and  " maybe "  you can have your rights restored . 

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/4473-part-1-firearms-transaction-record-over-counter-atf-form-53009/download

Edited by SportsmanNH
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, SportsmanNH said:

What scare tactic ?  Here it is right on the 4473 form you have to fill out for a backround check. Question 21 section E . You are gonzo if you say yes to that question and WILL be denied firearm purchases indefinitely. Your name will go on the NICS watch list . Only way to get your rights restored afterwards is to got through the court system and  " maybe "  you can have your rights restored . 

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/4473-part-1-firearms-transaction-record-over-counter-atf-form-53009/download

have you seen or read any reliable evidence of this happening? I had a medical prescription through the DOH. That's as on the record as you can get and I never had so much as an email. Legalizing it leaves no paper trail like the medical does.

2 minutes ago, Belo said:

have you seen or read any reliable evidence of this happening? I had a medical prescription through the DOH. That's as on the record as you can get and I never had so much as an email. Legalizing it leaves no paper trail like the medical does.

My question to you is " Are you lying to the FBI on the NICS form if you answer NO to question 21 section E when you have a " state " permit to smoke pot recreationally or medically ?  Yes you are lying to the FBI . Its specifically points that out in section E that its against Federal Law to do so.  

• Like 1

Every thing the govt does affects me.  How much just remains to be seen.  When people start getting killed on the road by people high on weed, that will affect me.  When worker productivity drops on the job, that affects me.  When my grandkids find it easier to get, that affects me.  When a hunter is high and thinks I'm a deer, that affects me.

Your desire to smoke weed is blinding you to future ramifications.  If you could guarantee society all weed users will be 100% responsible, then you could say it won't affect others in the least.  But I don't think that can be done.

Alcohol is legal, but we all know that it affects others a lot.  Would legal weed be any different?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, SportsmanNH said:

I have always been curious as to why marijuana is singled out. Its a depressant which is already listed in the question, so why does it get its own category. Are alcoholics breaking the law also if they say no since they are addicted to a mind altering substance ?

• Like 1

Just now, cachemoney said:

I have always been curious as to why marijuana is singled out. Its a depressant which is already listed in the question, so why does it get its own category. Are alcoholics breaking the law also if they say no since they are addicted to a mind altering substance ?

Yes, they are.  And if they are in re-hab and try to buy a gun, they can be charged.

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

It's not a scare tactic, it's the law.  It's right on the form you fill out when you buy a gun.  If you lie and they can prove it, you are done.  Many people have been denied on the NICS check and their appeals are going nowhere.

I'm sure that if there was such a thing as a NICS check during prohibition, alcohol would have been on the form too. 

47 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Accuser number 7 just came out with allegations against Cuomo. One more and we can have GTG's again. Two more and we can go to Bills games again!

Reporter accuses Gov. Cuomo of sexual harassment: ‘It wasn’t about sex. It was about power’ | Fox News

And Number eight is heading out of the starting gate....

Ex-Cuomo staffer says he verbally, mentally abused her (nypost.com) 

• Like 1