CODY Woodsman- " Drop Dead" Series Slate

I had a "Woodsman" and sold it. I prefer the synthetic sla-tek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The woodsman or drop dead woodman? I’m trying to figure out if the extra $25-30 is worth it or not

7 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Thanks again Bill for this info. Do you have the light hickory, heavy hickory, or carbon tipped hickory? I see those 3 and one other on their website

I have the heavy Hickory Striker. You might think about getting a Acrylic  striker also if the morning is a Damp one.

I have a couple cody calls . They are 30 years old . I'm not even sure what models . One was my grandfathers . Met Bill while hunting in Woodhull . Genuinely  nice guy . I bought mine he gave my gramps his . As I don't turkey hunt anymore they are more keepsakes. 

Just looked . They are both world class  calls .

Edited by Nytracker
  • Like 1
It
Just said "The Woodsman" on it

According to website both say that but the “drop dead” is high pitched and $25 more also no striker included

38 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

a9fdc025c5d7f766db7dc4186beb666c.png67b067ea8c468acf3fd3b535bd62d5c4.png

Here’s the two choices. The cheaper one comes with striker, the more expensive drop dead does not. Which do I get?

My hunting partner has had The Woodsman for quite a few years now, and it's a killer call! Pretty sure it is the top one Biz, as it came with the hickory striker. I really don't think you will be disappointed in either one. 

• Like 2
My hunting partner has had The Woodsman for quite a few years now, and it's a killer call! Pretty sure it is the top one Biz, as it came with the hickory striker. I really don't think you will be disappointed in either one. 

Thanks.

Looks like Bill’s has that circle saying “drop dead” but maybe not enough difference for someone as rookie as me

a9fdc025c5d7f766db7dc4186beb666c.png67b067ea8c468acf3fd3b535bd62d5c4.png

Here’s the two choices. The cheaper one comes with striker, the more expensive drop dead does not. Which do I get?

Get them both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Confused 1
40 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Tried to order today and Cody Turkey Calls website expired. Do we buy it and sell it back to them?

That's too bad..

I am pretty sure Midwest Turkey Call Supply is up and running again after the owner  retired.

I used to get their catalog  every late Feb.  

See if their website is still up. Good prices there if it is.

2 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

That's too bad..

I am pretty sure Midwest Turkey Call Supply is up and running again after the owner  retired.

I used to get their catalog  every late Feb.  

See if their website is still up. Good prices there if it is.

I missed out I guess. I saw they posted the following:

Hello Cody Turkey Calls customers, friends and family. Unfortunately Cody is closed due to the virus and having to leave our shop we were renting prior to our new facility being complete. We apologize for the inconvenience and the delay in being able to fill orders at this time. We are still accepting orders that will be kept on file and filled at a later date. You will be notified when Cody's new facility is complete and we are back into production. Thank you for your patience, stay safe and enjoy nature. Bill and Debbie Zearing

10 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I had the Ol Yeller. I guess we all have a slightly different  ear for the Wild Turkey. Used it some with no results. 

I have a number of pictures of Gobblers along with the callers that called them in.

In this picture from over 20 years ago is my Cane Creek Slate next to the Gobbler

20210222_135702.jpg