The Rising Sun-- Surely The Best Hour Of The Day.

How many times have,I  seen the Rising Sun while out Hiking Before Dawn or Turkey Hunting-- countless!

It never gets old to see that Sun rise out of the East.

• Like 2

I remember many, many mornings leaning against a tree on top of a hardwood ridge somewhere watching the sun come up and listening for a gobble....I used to feel sorry for the poor schmucks who were lying in bed and missing the pleasure of watching and listening to the woods coming awake..

• Like 4

I certainly got to enjoy many...For years I hunted nearly every morning before work in both NY and PA spring season plus the bonus hunts I made in 4 other states and one Canadian province....

If you compare the number of birds I have killed to the number of mornings I have hunted, I am probably the world's most inept turkey hunter...

I would say in a year I may miss two or three sunrises total.  I get up for work at 4:15. And after all these years I can't sleep late if  I try even on the weekends.  Sleeping late is 5:30.  Once spring hits anyway it's up for fishing or turkey hunting , then up before the early sun every weekend to fish all summer, then hunting season of course.  

But I still don't take them for granted while the sun rises and I'm in a tree stand or launching the boat out on a flat calm lake. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

I certainly got to enjoy many...For years I hunted nearly every morning before work in both NY and PA spring season plus the bonus hunts I made in 4 other states and one Canadian province....

If you compare the number of birds I have killed to the number of mornings I have hunted, I am probably the world's most inept turkey hunter...

You have company Dan . My Batting average is probably  something like 150. Most mornings,I  come out empty handed.Plenty of Sunrises to watch though.