I’m so sick and tired of this weather

luberhill

I hate winter more and more every year.  My folks retired and moved to Florida and then moved back after 6 years.  Too hot in the summer and can't go outside but sit on the AC, reverse of winter here. 

My brother retired and bought a house in Adams.  Yes Adams...on the tug. lol.  

I guess if I was retired I wouldn't be as bothered by winter as I wouldn't have to go out and fight it.  Have thought about moving mid south but I really love it here spring thru fall. Great fishing living on one of the best walleye lakes in the country and a private hunting spot is hard to give up and try to match or start over. But I wouldn't miss being here in January and February one bit if I could do that.  When you can't even take the dog for a walk it so cold out makes you wonder wth am I doing here.

Edited by Robhuntandfish

Just now, phade said:

My family used to own a campground; alot of retirees sold their homes in NY, bought a seasonal setup in the campground (like a modular) and lived there for 3-4 months a year May-Sept. Then returned to their place in Florida which had a maintenance contract.

My parents do exactly that currently.

13 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I was just starting to question my love for winter and then my son became of age to enjoy playing in the snow . I can see myself enjoying winter like I used to.

you have to make the best of winter. If you have a snowmobile, like to ski etc. If you don't embrace the shit that is upstate NY winter then you're destined to be miserable. 

IMG_0310.thumb.jpeg.9967cde875149c982ec975c0b1bf74ba.jpeg

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Belo said:

you have to make the best of winter. If you have a snowmobile, like to ski etc. If you don't embrace the shit that is upstate NY winter then you're destined to be miserable. 

Yea that was fine years ago.. I’m not interested at this stage of my life 

I’m just not sure the right path to take 

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

I was just starting to question my love for winter and then my son became of age to enjoy playing in the snow . I can see myself enjoying winter like I used to.

Kids can make winter suck a lot less. With the February break just happening we took them ice skating and sledding. Then this weekend we went up to camp Friday afternoon to Sunday morning. Pulled them behind the snowmobile on an old truck hood through the open field, played in the snow and sat around the fire inside playing cards. 

• Like 2

I felt yesterday was the absolute perfect winter day! Lots of fresh snow, cold weather, lots of sunshine! Just about as perfect of a day as you could want! Even while plowing and snowblowing, I was just so happy to be outside! I even was able to drag my wife, sister and BIL outside for a nice long snowshoe hike in the snow.
I can't wait for this Saturday, should be 10 degrees, clear skies and a full moon, perfect conditions for a midnight snowshoe hike!
I love spring, summer and fall too. But a day like yesterday is one of my favorites! 10bf6499e43225392a3faaf0fefbadda.jpg950cf0a740aeb1f752458079da975fa6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 8

4 hours ago, luberhill said:

I like spring , summer and fall in the fingerlakes but this constant lack of sun and the fricken snow has taken its toll on me ..

Im 62 years old and sick of it ..seems like I spend all summer getting ready for winter .
Shoveling , snowblowing , driving in this crap ...

Im sure my wife is sick of listening to me bitch about it ..

Not crazy about Florida and even if we went there for winter I’d probably be constantly worrying about the house here...

Not sure what the answer is

I suppose moving down south is an option for the wife and I, but then there are hurricanes, hot weather, etc. Must admit the snow is getting a little old, but now prices are moving up on properties in Florida and SC. Hate to find an OK place, but not suitable for surviving a hurricane. No easy answer.

58 minutes ago, Otto said:

I felt yesterday was the absolute perfect winter day! Lots of fresh snow, cold weather, lots of sunshine! Just about as perfect of a day as you could want! Even while plowing and snowblowing, I was just so happy to be outside! I even was able to drag my wife, sister and BIL outside for a nice long snowshoe hike in the snow.
I can't wait for this Saturday, should be 10 degrees, clear skies and a full moon, perfect conditions for a midnight snowshoe hike!
I love spring, summer and fall too. But a day like yesterday is one of my favorites! 10bf6499e43225392a3faaf0fefbadda.jpg950cf0a740aeb1f752458079da975fa6.jpg

Very nice.

After living in Florida for 42+ years, my wife and I left about 2.5 years ago. We bought a place up in the mountains of north Ga. The weather ( on the whole) is pretty good. We have the four seasons, and do get a little cold and (snow) on occasion. We had some flurries and a whole 2” of snow this year. Spring is just around the corner and everything will green up. Taint half bad here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Belo said:

We got a pile of fun in our front yard, cave /tunnel and the other side he rides the sled down 

20210221_143857.jpg

• Like 1

I think the split time is the best way, part time here part time down south. My wife and I talk about investing in a home around water, somewhere in Alabama, Tennessee, NC or SC or Georgia. If its on water we could buy now and use it as a rental. High rental prices plus low interest rates nows a great time I think. We’re heading down that way next month and visiting areas to someday live is on the agenda.

2 hours ago, Otto said:

Took a nice hike myself yesterday and really enjoyed it .  But the prob was that's the first day in about 60 it was nice enough to go.  If the weather was like yesterday for all of winter it wouldn't nearly be as bad. 

IMG_20210221_115313589.jpg

IMG_20210221_115616621.jpg

• Like 1