I’m so sick and tired of this weather

luberhill

Been to SC FL Ga all nice places to visit in the winter to get away from cold NY.   Been to Aruba 7 times and Turks as well.  Leaning towards  Aruba  I would eventually decide on a location and would find a temporary and then semi permanent residence.  Staying Four or five months and then coming back here for summer and fall.   Would keep my residence here in NY I have kids who could live in the house and give the wife and I life use

The Buckform and property will go to them as well of course I will be buried back there one day.  Haha 

• Like 1

As a kid and young adult I did not mind snow so much, snow forts, snowball fights, skating and sledding made it fun and tolerable. I looked forward to having a fresh snowfall to hunt snowshoe Hares at every chance could. Where I lived at the time I could shovel by hand our relatively short driveway in a half hour

For the last 35years here on the farm with it's 2000 ft of driveway and animals to take care of it has been a different story, dealing with it's removal a lot of extra hard work. Spent half of yesterday working on the driveway and will finish up today and have to start shoveling some snow off my building's roofs.

Now in my seventies I can honestly say I am sick and tired of it.

Al

2021-02-23_090048.png

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, airedale said:

As a kid and young adult I did not mind snow so much, snow forts, snowball fights, skating and sledding made it fun and tolerable. I looked forward to having a fresh snowfall to hunt snowshoe Hares at every chance could. Where I lived at the time I could shovel by hand our relatively short driveway in a half hour

For the last 35years here on the farm with it's 2000 ft of driveway and animals to take care of it has been a different story, dealing with it's removal a lot of extra hard work. Spent half of yesterday working on the driveway and will finish up today and have to start shoveling some snow off my building's roofs.

Now in my seventies I can honestly say I am sick and tired of it.

Al

2021-02-23_090048.png

Nice rig!

17 hours ago, rachunter said:

I consider myself a three season guy winter,spring and fall. freak the summer!!!!!!

Amen to that...I cannot stand the heat, humidity, bugs, constantly mowing the lawn, and all the other good things that go along with summer.

• Like 1

I have an idea for those who don't like winter. I have been thinking about buying a snow blower for my tractor and a snowmobile to play around on. If you would all send me some money, and I buy them, I guarantee they'll gather dust for the next 6 years!

• Haha 1

As soon as my kids are done with school, we are out of here. TN and a couple of other states are in mind for where we are headed. All depends on how things look at that point. I’m at the point of the winter where I’m going stir crazy and have had enough of the snow and cold. I’m ready for spring. 

Yesterday we had the first bunch of Robins out in the yard. Hopefully that means there isn’t much of this crap left. 

• Like 1

We are getting some warming for the next few days ( high 30's low 40's ) We had some water damage inside our house . I finally figured out that the ice buildup on the gutters and the roof edge had formed an Ice Dam and water was being pushed under the flange at the roof vent pipe . I got that cleared and the leaking stopped . Homes and businesses in the area have serious ice problems .

Here is a picture of my neighbor's house . They do nothing to combat the ice .

Stupine's House.jpg

• Sad 1

On 2/22/2021 at 2:05 PM, bugsNbows said:

After living in Florida for 42+ years, my wife and I left about 2.5 years ago. We bought a place up in the mountains of north Ga. The weather ( on the whole) is pretty good. We have the four seasons, and do get a little cold and (snow) on occasion. We had some flurries and a whole 2” of snow this year. Spring is just around the corner and everything will green up. Taint half bad here.

What part of northern Georgia ? 

On 2/22/2021 at 6:18 PM, mlammerhirt said:

The kids make it fun!!
Skiing, skating, sledding keeps ya young.
Once the wife and I retire and the kids decide if their plans in life take them outta state I am sure we will follow in some way or another. 94a6cfdf61bf53b15bb6b411eae51e0d.jpg8298ac56a2dfa5fde63ce806dce33725.jpg3f53d1f2c85461629f14b0fef3271612.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

One of my boys had a game on the east aurora rink this past sunday. He thought having an outdoor game was the coolest thing. 

10 hours ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Were outta here this summer hopefully buying a house in coastal Georgia. St Mary's or somwhere. Was looking into the northen part of Georgia just dont know where to look. I want affordable country living nothing city. 

I live in the north Ga mountains just below Tn and NC. Nice up here... and rural.