Sterling Ammo Warning

Don_C

If anyone here sees Sterling brand 9mm on the shelf I would suggest youavoid it.

I took my M&P compact out the other day and grabbed a box of Sterling 9mm factory reloads that I bought at DD's Ranch a month or so ago. I did not see that they were factory reloads at the time I purchased them.  First 9 shots were fine, the 10th round jammed so bad it took all my strength pulling back on the slide and my son prying the extractor to dislodge it.  The case was swollen. I got home and did a search for Sterling and found this some others having the same problem. I pulled the barrel out of that gun and began test fitting the rounds. First with a Sig Performance round and a federal FMJ that nicely slid in and fell right out when I turned the barrel over. Next I tried a Sterling round and it went in about 80% of the way in and I had to pull it out. I went through quite a few and most would not fit properly in the barrel, they were all oversized/swollen and many had sealant slopped on them.  I bought 4 boxes of this crap.

Just a heads up.

IMG_0447.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 6 months later...