Ted on the backlash on CNN

fasteddie

He is crazy and I do not believe he is the best rep but he gets his point made and that is what I like about him. I would rather have a crazy help us out with firearm ownership because as we have all seen w/PETA they have enough nuts over there all ready... We need to keep one or two on our side lol...

Teds methods are rather unorthodox to say the least but he drives the point home and unlike many put under pressure, he still manages to get his point across... i know its a love hate relationship when it comes to Ted and i was not a big fan of him BUT having said that i CAN NOT hate a man who fights for our right to own a gun more then any individual out there. He has put more time and effort into fighting for that right then anyone i know and for this i can respect the guy...

• Like 7

He is crazy and I do not believe he is the best rep but he gets his point made and that is what I like about him. I would rather have a crazy help us out with firearm ownership because as we have all seen w/PETA they have enough nuts over there all ready... We need to keep one or two on our side lol...

This is actually the best arguement on Ted's behalf..not joking here.

Like I said, if you can't attack the message, attack the messenger.

I still don't see anyone pointing to someone else who is doing a better job of speaking up for hunters and gun owners. I guess they prefer we don't speak up at all. Me personally, until someone better comes along, I'll let Ted speak all he wants to.

• Like 4

regarding Ted's hunting show..which someone earlier mentioned "fenced hunts'

Doesn't he have some crazy amount of land ..like 10k acreas or something..

my question is "how far does a wild herd of deer travelin a season and or consider it's Home Range.?

his fences are probly to keep others out......

lol... bet he doesn't have little tan spanish speakin people jumpin over them either..usa take note.

Lets keep the penned hunt argument out of this, not even close to the original topic.

So many people attack Nugent from within the ranks of hunters and gun owners, its not even funny. I dont give a damn if he slept with a bunch of road whores, or if he bashes the president, or if he made a mistake almost 50 years ago. The man is willing to take alot of heat to defend something that he believes in, and I happen to believe in, and I support him because of that. I dont give a crap what the antis think, you are never going to change their opinions, all you can do is fight for what you believe in, and thats what Ted does, and he does a good job of it, IMO.

How about you guys discuss the message he presented in the video rather than continually bash his personal life?

• Like 2

Ted's way of debating this topic makes me want to stand on the other side of stage. I can stand there and exercise my free speech and bare arms without allowing videos of me saying "suck on this Mr. President" When debating a hot topic especially something regarding a weapon you would want to come across as a nice calm professional individual without any signs of insanity. There are allot of individuals within the NRA that come across that way. You look at them and say sure this guy makes a good point. Ted is the poster child for gun control. Keep Ted out of my guns!!!!!

• Like 1

When debating a hot topic especially something regarding a weapon you would want to come across as a nice calm professional individual without any signs of insanity.

One would think, right?? Plenty of gun owners who would disagree with you however, which doesn't say too much about their sanity neither I am afraid. Have Nugent reinforce the idea that gun owners are nuts, and there will be NO reason for society to think that we aren't. Very easy to understand, really, for anyone with any sense.

Please guys, if it were anyone but Ted, on any other subject than guns, you would slough it off as "He just feels strongly about it". I hear it all the time when it comes to AR arguments or any number of other subjects.

I tell you this, take the people that feel strongly about it out of the fight for our 2nd amendment rights, and see what happens. Might as well move to England right now.

I agree with Grouse in post #9 100%. I also think Ted is nuts at times. But I give the guy credit he uses his freedom of speech to get him point across on our 2nd. right! He also has his facts together on hunting & gun control. Did anyone catch his speech at the Golden Moose awards program I say he was right on the money there too.

Ted does what he does just as a show. You judge him based on a public character he plays on a show or for his audiences. What do you think sells tickets to his shows? umm his personna. People go to hear the music and see the show, he same as any other performer. In reality they are not the way they are on stage. Until you meet him in person and see the real him none of us including me have no right to judge him on what others say about him. I have not met him, butr I have a cousin who works for him. He is entirely different I am told. As far as his second amendment talk in cnn, which this started out to be about, he was spot on. He uses the crazy guy personna to make his point. If he wore a suit and talked with a stiff upper lip and acted like a professor during the interview, it would have never been seen or discussed. When uncle ted speaks, bottom line is we listen even if we dont like how he says it.