Ted on the backlash on CNN

fasteddie

BTW, just to clarify, I think that Nugent's biggest mistake in making the comments he did, was making them outside of the "mixed company" that finds it acceptable. I just dont think its something to burn him at the stake for.

I dont see the guy as an idol, or worship him in any way (I dont tend to look at anyone that way), I just admire his stance on the 2nd amendment and his willingness to stick his neck out for it. I also like a few of his songs, but not that many lol.

I dont see the guy as an idol, or worship him in any way (I dont tend to look at anyone that way), I just admire his stance on the 2nd amendment and his willingness to stick his neck out for it. I also like a few of his songs, but not that many lol.

I would agree with this. He backs up his talk with real stats and facts and takes no shit from some of the idiot interviewers and anti gun crowd. I have not researched the mans entire history or researched every word he has said. From what I have heard, seen and heard from others I have not heard or feel he is racist or a bad guy.

Does he think most politicians are idiots yes so do I.

Does he have an issue with the mass illegal immigrant problem yes so do I

Does he heartily believe in the right to bear arms yes and so do I.

And he suffers no fools and neither do I.

He can really jam the guitar, though I am not a fan of his music that much.

He does more for gun rights than most and I am pretty sure he still finacially supports hunting outings for disatvantaged Detroit youths and handicapped hunters.

• Like 1

Normally, I would have an issue with the use of vulgarity and rudeness that is kind of the hallmark of Ted's personality. But in the case of Piers Morgan, I would be surprised if I could discuss gun issues without resorting to the same thing.....lol. Other than all that, nobody can honestly or realistically argue with his presentation of the facts and content of that interview. Argue about the debating style if you want, but the facts are irrefutable.

• Like 2

you see the problem with Ted is he is not really good for our sport he is just good for Ted. he's not as crazy as everyone thinks he is, he just knows what to do to stir controversy and get people buzzin. just look at any Ted thread on any forum, some have gone on for years.

i used to like the guy years back but have found the true Ted story is not a good one. he's got children with several differant women some of whom he screwed over on support, he talks a mean game but did a real good job avoiding veitnam on a student deferment all while making millions playing concerts and never even being in school. hes a coward who talks a mean game but serves himself best.

and people out there that dont hunt (not anti's) just think he's a nut..i mean come on just drop the politics and look at the guy folks?

• Like 1

Ted gets all the face time he does because he's not some boring guy in a suit, that nobody would watch or talk about for going on ten pages here alone. I met him last time he played Roch. toured his stage looked at his guitars, nice guy.

I'll add this at work sometimes between calls I'll turn on the "hunting channel"( which the non hunters on the job call the "whispering channel"), nobody watches or cares much, in fact they mostly mock them till Ted's show is on that they'll watch, everyone else they see is a hick to them and boring as golf......

As for the hunting shows you'll see more then a few big country artists on them.ZERO of which I've ever saw take a strong stand on the 2nd Amen. they won't risk ticket or album sales. I say thanks Ted !

Ted wants people to be able to excercise their 2nd Amendment rights. He is pro hunting and very informed and knowlegeable on the issues. He is also willing to stick his neck out and have people criticize him and call him an idiot, in order to debate the issues. I don't find fault with that.

I don't think anyone can argue against what he says. They just don't like the way he says it. If you can't argue with the message, attack the messenger. It just aggravates me that hunters and gun owners attack him. Especially when they don't have any alternative pro-gun, pro-hunting spokesperson to suggest or offer as his replacement. I guess they would rather nobody defends our side of the issue when it is attacked and theatened by the anti's.

I don't think he hurts our side. I think not challenging attacks from the other side hurts our side more.

Amen! Well said!!