2021 Hunting Leases in NY, Cotton - Hanlon, Inc.

•  

Cotton Hanlon will be publishing an updated list of available hunting leases on Monday, March 1, 2021 at 7:30 AM. 

Cotton-Hanlon is a private timber company that manages over 30,000 acres of company land in NY and PA (sorry all our land in PA is currently leased). We have been leasing land since the fall of 1970. Some of our current lessees have been leasing with us for over 25 years. You will be dealing directly with Cotton Hanlon, no third parties.

Lease options will be available in the following counties in NY: Cayuga, Chemung, Oswego, Schuyler, Tioga and Tompkins.  Available leases will range from 20 to over 600 acres. The current list for 2021 is in excess of 4,000 acres. 

All of our leases are made available through our website www.cottonhanlon.com on a first come first served basis, be sure to check us out, Monday morning (3/1/2021 @ 7:30).

Thanks,

Brad

Chief Forester

Cotton Hanlon, Inc. 

Edited by C-H Brad

3 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

how do you deal with trespassing especially during hunting season? cotton hanlon being the actual owner have they actively pursued charges or can the person who leases?

I thought as the full year, legal lease holder with the authority to post it in your name, YOU could pursue charges. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 2

Just now, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I thought as the full year, legal lease holder with the authority to post it in your name, YOU could pursue charges. 

that would be good. must be written into the agreement thats signed? i don't know how leases really work because i don't lease.

I lease from cotton hanlon and have had positive experiences.  First year had a few trespassing but caught them on camera. Talked with Bob at the time, and got permission to put a cable up on the powerline part.  Also confronted a few that were caught. I found out who the trespassers were and went to their home to address the situation.  I stayed civil but firm about not being allowed on the property. 

Once confronted,  have not had issues since. I now live next to the land too so that may help.

I would recommend leasing from cotton hanlon. I am allowed to use their land all year long with minimum restrictions. If I am not sure if something can be done I call and ask. Always quick to respond back to me. 

I have always dealt with Bob but now since Brad took over as chief forester, hope to have the same positive experiences. 

• Like 4

On 2/26/2021 at 2:49 PM, dbHunterNY said:

how do you deal with trespassing especially during hunting season? cotton hanlon being the actual owner have they actively pursued charges or can the person who leases?

I would agree with everything Just Lucky shared as well as encourage Lessees to post the tract they lease. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...