Do you think this happens in a attempt to break deer trophy records?

phantom

Some one I know told me that he thinks  some people to get the biggest bucks they can will  buy  a deer from a deer farm and released it on private
 property  no fence private  property   to hunt later on and to maybe let it breed with the wild deer in that area to get bigger bucks .
do you  think this really happens often or at all ? I  ask if he new anyone personally who did this he said no but he heard rumors of it . 

Edited by phantom

12 minutes ago, DDT said:

I used to have an employee 20 years ago, whose brother lived in the southern tier. He supposedly would jack some big bucks at night and sell them to guys from NYC. 

I can't believe anyone would release a live bought deer though.

Their was this guy .

NAW TV: Marc Anthony Talks About Buck He Allegedly Faked (northamericanwhitetail.com)

So it makes you wonder what people will  do to get fame .  

Edited by phantom

There are cases of people going to another state hunting a game farm.athen bring deer back and switching tags, buying deer from locals and clai.ing as their own.. I remember 1 story guy use to go the adirondacks hunting and every year he came home on train with big buck. One year he was I'll and didnt go but his big buck came back via train with his name on it.. so. Yes it's been going on for a long time

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, G-Man said:

There are cases of people going to another state hunting a game farm.athen bring deer back and switching tags, buying deer from locals and clai.ing as their own.. I remember 1 story guy use to go the adirondacks hunting and every year he came home on train with big buck. One year he was I'll and didnt go but his big buck came back via train with his name on it.. so. Yes it's been going on for a long time

Seeing though I am involved in the industry I know for 100% fact that many have harvested bucks behind wire and claimed them to be wild harvested. But the only state that a landowner can buy a deer from a farm and release it in their property is Texas. Every other state has permit records and inventory of farms. To get a permit one has to have a license to raise Whitetail’s.        Now if it was legal to do.....And some do it anyways... I would not hesitate to release a few 2-300 inch genetics buck and doe fawns out to run free on our 900 plus acres of unfenced property.  On the other hand someone would have to be sitting good in their money department because those same fawns would in turn bring in 10-12 grand and 4-5 grand each respectively.        

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DDT said:

I used to have an employee 20 years ago, whose brother lived in the southern tier. He supposedly would jack some big bucks at night and sell them to guys from NYC. 

I can't believe anyone would release a live bought deer though.

It's happened,a,couple times,in Montana,with Roosevelt elk      and I know someone here in NY.that has released pen raised whitetails on private property.it happens quite a bit.but seeing how its ACTUALLY illegal.to release pen raised deer into the wild is why you dont here much about it

3 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

The greatest thread in AT history was a kid on there that killed several booners and presented himself as this big buck authority. Until someone noticed a couple of his deer on a deer farms website lol. It went hundreds of pages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I remember that a few yrs back..booner something right?

• Like 1

The greatest thread in AT history was a kid on there that killed several booners and presented himself as this big buck authority. Until someone noticed a couple of his deer on a deer farms website lol. It went hundreds of pages

Sounds like the Rowdy Dowdy brown bear photoshop thread on bowsite. Epic

• Like 1

The Pursuit of OG. The hunt for a legend.
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=16462&share_tid=2239340&url=https://www.archerytalk.com/index.php?threads/The-Pursuit-of-OG%2E-The-hunt-for-a-legend%2E.2239340/&share_type=t&link_source=app

Post #332 is where this one goes off the rails, the guy knows the original posters deer are bogus

• Like 1

A stock raised deer is just...live stock. One high fence outfit will buy from stock farms to stock their own lands, certainly landholders who can afford to high fence thier property will stock the same way. In some circles "mine is bigger than yours" is all that counts, doesnt make any diff. to the taker how they get it. Just the same trophy deer mounts sell at auctions to get mounted on some liars wall, or some folks just want them for the decoration.

There was a rumor of a guy years ago that was keeping bucks from an early age in a small high fence and pumping them with the good stuff and harvesting them when they were at peak. he shot 160s in an area where seeing a 110 was like seeing a white unicorn. Now I could see that going on whether it was true or not. 

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

The Pursuit of OG. The hunt for a legend.
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=16462&share_tid=2239340&url=https://www.archerytalk.com/index.php?threads/The-Pursuit-of-OG%2E-The-hunt-for-a-legend%2E.2239340/&share_type=t&link_source=app

Post #332 is where this one goes off the rails, the guy knows the original posters deer are bogus

It's crazy what some people will do for internet glory. I took a quick look to get the gist but don't have time to read 350 pages. Did the cheat ever come back to explain?

9 minutes ago, cbyzerman said:

I know alot of people would do alot to shoot a trophy whitetail but buying a live one and putting on your property... You know how much those deer cost?

It's not that they have to put on their property just buy it like you would a hunt and then claim you shot it wherever with your current tag on it.... enough deer escape and I remember a game farm trying to get deer back and some woman shot it in a southern state a few miles from where it escaped.  Never did find out if she had to pay them for killing livestock..

I've never shot a Booner or P&Y buck. Likely never will. Maybe that's why I just don't get the "my buck is bigger than you're buck" stuff? I think every hunter should be proud of EVERY buck they choose to kill ! I think a select few, tend to forget what "HUNTING" is all about, when they become obsessed with BIG antlers.

For the amount of money it will take to purchase a farm raised deer, you could easily go on an outfitted, out of state hunt! Or just go to a high fence facility if that's what you choose to do. It's legal, and I won't belittle someone for doing so. But don't try to pass it off as free range, to try and make yourself look better than an average hunter like myself.

• Like 1

I've looked at hunts a bunch of times to go out of state.  I've never done it cause I just wouldn't feel like it was earned or hunting if I had someone put me in a spot and say shoot this or that buck.  I would rather get one on a place where I did all the work and scouting etc.  Would be ok on a public land hunt or if just had a whole area to hunt and it was up to me to find them and hunt them.  I can't imagine buying a deer to shoot.  

I'm the same with guided fishing trips. I would rather launch on the lake and figure it out myself. 

I'd rather earn that 5 point than shoot that ten someone's pointing at.  

• Like 1