Dog boarding

Another option could be Two by Four in Oyster Bay on Long Island.  Dogs are socialized during the day so that may or may not work for your pup.  If he/she is high energy, this might be a much better option than having him in a kennel all day/night like many other facilities.

2 hours ago, Timeless said:

Another option could be Two by Four in Oyster Bay on Long Island.  Dogs are socialized during the day so that may or may not work for your pup.  If he/she is high energy, this might be a much better option than having him in a kennel all day/night like many other facilities.

Thanks. That’s kinda my problem with the city facilities. They operate more like dog spas with socialization time. I personally see no value in letting your dog play with other dogs if you properly socialized them during the relevant developmental window. In fact it can actually be a hindrance. 

This place is maybe 2.5 hours from Manhattan.  http://www.davesgundogtraining.com/index.html

I have used him for two of my Brittanies, and if I ever get another hunting dog, Dave will be doing the training.   I left my dog there for 6 weeks and he came back, mean (in a good way) and lean, and ready to hunt!   I highly recommend him and his facilities are sparkling clean and spacious.   As a bonus, his wife is a superb pet portrait photographer. 

• Thanks 1

I’m looking for recommendations on a dog boarding facility. I have a high drive hunting dog and I don’t feel like the facilities in the city are adequate. I’m willing to drive some distance for a place with glowing recommendation. 
Thanks

West mountain kennels in pawling. They train hunting dogs and board perfect place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

here's the place you want, west mountain kennels at pawling mountain club . contact edward larkin 845-855-3859 .my lab went through 2 training schools there and have boarded her multiple times with good results.

Hahah this is the answer Ed is awesome and my dogs loved it there. He is a master trainer too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/1/2021 at 5:40 PM, Versatile_Hunter said:

Thanks. That’s kinda my problem with the city facilities. They operate more like dog spas with socialization time. I personally see no value in letting your dog play with other dogs if you properly socialized them during the relevant developmental window. In fact it can actually be a hindrance. 

Understood.  I suppose I consider the socialization aspect a way for the dog to burn off energy.  Unfortunately here on LI, many facilities do not turn the dogs out during the day which has been a problem for my Airedale.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2021 at 5:40 PM, Versatile_Hunter said:

Dogs like to play with each other ,what's the big deal?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Dogs like to play with each other ,what's the big deal?

It’s a slippery slope. You let your dog play with other dogs and then one day you find yourself adding almond milk to your coffee. Next thing you know you start to believe that healthcare should be a right and that undocumented immigrants should be treated with dignity. Slippery slope, tread lightly. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...