Picked up a new boom stick..

I wasn't necessarily in the market for this but a deal fell in my lap that I couldn't pass up. I'd been casually keeping my eyes open for a side by side or O/U for awhile. It wouldn't get a ton of use, but it's something that was missing from the collection. Between the occasional skeet shoot and pheasant hunting, this might come out 6 or 7 time per year. I'd been looking at models from the likes of Stoeger, ATI, etc... Then my brother calls me and says he has this Beretta Silver Pigeon with the 28" barrels that he's trying to sell. She's pretty and the pix don't do her justice but she's so long that I can't get a good pic of her entire length. Basically brand new.

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

pigeon.PNG

• Like 15

Sweet

That is a beauty and excuse the drool emulating from your screen.  Beretta is in a case of it's own and is head over heels better than the others you mentioned. 

My deceased brother has a match set of O/U stored in a safe in Texas somewhere.  I've asked my sister in law who has zero interest in them if I could buy them from her.  She said yes but I don't know how to come up with a price for something like that.  The money aspect isn't important to me.  I just want to have something of his that I would enjoy.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, hueyjazz said:

Sweet

That is a beauty and excuse the drool emulating from your screen.  Beretta is in a case of it's own and is head over heels better than the others you mentioned. 

My deceased brother has a match set of O/U stored in a safe in Texas somewhere.  I've asked my sister in law who has zero interest in them if I could buy them from her.  She said yes but I don't know how to come up with a price for something like that.  The money aspect isn't important to me.  I just want to have something of his that I would enjoy.

Look at the price on GunBroker and offer her that and go from there. I am in the same situation where my grandfather's webley side by side is sitting in his closet and he has not even touched it in 40yrs but not ready to part with it yet.

Edited by suburbanfarmer

Farmer

Have you been on Gunbroker lately?  I hope those COVID/Democrat prices aren't the new standard.  If so then my established collection just took a huge rise in price.  Again though, it's not about the money but the memory.  I'm betting Bolt Action also has that in his mind with his new addition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hueyjazz said:

Farmer

Have you been on Gunbroker lately?  I hope those COVID/Democrat prices aren't the new standard.  If so then my established collection just took a huge rise in price.  Again though, it's not about the money but the memory.  I'm betting Bolt Action also has that in his mind with his new addition.

I have and thats why I suggested that so if your SIL asks around they dont say you took advantage. Sometimes we have to pay extra for memories and momento.

@Bolt action I know you wont but if you ever decide to part with that beauty give me a chance first please.

@hueyjazz quite the opposite in this case. The gun was something that my brother picked up within the past year or two. It ended up not being what he expected (not exactly sure what he was expecting...) and so he offered it to me at a fraction of MSRP. 

With that said, this is probably the highest quality gun I now own. My safe is mostly full of functional pieces rather than heirloom, sentimental, or higher end stuff. God willing, I'll be able to make memories with this one (or any of them, for that matter) with my boys and eventually will be able to hand something down to them that they appreciate.

• Like 4

Well Bolt Action

If I were your son, I'd want the Beretta

And I'm available for adoption :-) 

That's still a stunning gun and quality adds to enjoyment when shooting.  I too don't believe safe queens but do collect historical pieces.  But they all get taken out for a run and they all function as intended.

That should give you and your sons joy.  Let them launch clay pigeons for you.  They will love it.

Pull

• Like 1
  • Haha 1