Leftists believe the CPAC stage is a Nazi symbol and conservatives are real Nazi's.

The symbol in the OP.  Watch the video by clicking the link in the OP and look it up on Wikipedia.  The idea is the use of that shape for the CPAC stage "proves" conservatives are Nazis.  It's a leftist conspiracy theory that's being pushed today.

More love and tolerance from the party of hate.

16 minutes ago, Grouse said:

The idea is the use of that shape for the CPAC stage "proves" conservatives are Nazis. 

Yeah, I don't think this "proves" anything and I'm not sure rational folks are saying it "proves" anything but it is a symbol used by the Nazis in modern times, and that stage look just like it.

It's just not a good optic. I presume you can agree with that.

• Like 1

I'm not this crazy into politics and did not fact check this but according to Ted Cruz on twitter the company that designed the stage for CPAC is headed by registered democrat's and there political donations are to 90% democratic politicians. 

I just thought it was any interesting twist to the story if true. 

16 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Yeah, I don't think this "proves" anything and I'm not sure rational folks are saying it "proves" anything but it is a symbol used by the Nazis in modern times, and that stage look just like it.

It's just not a good optic. I presume you can agree with that.

I agree.  But I'm quite sure 99% of Americans had no idea what the odal rune was until radical conspiracy theorists on the left told them what it was.  And it wasn't prominently displayed to view.  You have to go high up to see it.  Trying to make it seem like an intentional "dog whistle" from conservatives will do nothing to help their so-called desire to unify the country.  It's more a sign that leftists want to destroy their opposition.

Edited by Grouse

• The true culprit behind CPAC's "Nazi" stage steps forward (PJ Media)

"Over the weekend, leftists seeking to delegitimize the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) claimed the stage was an inverted Odal rune, a lesser-known Norse symbol that the Nazis and some Neo-Nazi groups also adopted. Yet on Tuesday, a design firm publicly took responsibility for the stage design and reiterated what CPAC organizers had insisted from the beginning — the idea that the stage was a secret Nazi symbol was entirely baseless. In fact, the firm responsible for the stage design has a clear liberal bias."

15 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

If they did was a huge mistake . Thats like putting the Fox in charge of the hen house IMHO, and look what happened ? 

They got em!!

Unless you have previous knowledge of the company, it’s probably difficult to tell if the employees of the winning bidder have political leanings one way or the other.

Rabbi Yaakov Menken, managing director of the Coalition for Jewish Values (CJV) had the perfect response. “The left is desperate to draw attention from their elevation of antisemites in Congress… so they claim a stage design is antisemitic,” he said on Twitter. “The Left traffics in ‘dog whistles’ so incredibly sensitive that only leftists can hear them, as compared to the supposed targets, who only see a stage.”

On Tuesday, Design Foundry, a stage design firm based in Hyattsville, Md., filled in another piece of the story. In a statement, Design Foundry took responsibility for the stage design and insisted that any apparent connection to a Nazi symbol was entirely unintentional.

Design Foundry said it “had no idea that the design resembled any symbol, nor was there any intention to create something that did.”

The firm said ACU had approved the stage design, which had been “intended to provide the best use of space, given the constraints of the ballroom and social distancing requirements.”

The firm said it was “saddened and horrified at the accusations that this was a deliberate act. Design Foundry denounces all hate speech and acts of racism, prejudice, or bigotry in all forms.”

According to the terms of Design Foundry’s contract with ACU, the ACU approved the stage design but had no rights to change the design or to dismantle the stage. “The designs, renderings, drawings, specifications, materials and other documents used or created as part of the proposal are owned by Design Foundry,” the contract reads.

Design Foundry has worked with CPAC for several years and it does not appear that any previous stage design drew this kind of attention.

Naturally, some on the Left will continue to insist that CPAC had a Nazi stage, so it is important to point out that Design Foundry is not some alt-right Neo-Nazi design firm, or even an explicitly conservative company. In fact, all signs point in the opposite direction.

Menken, the CJV managing director, mocked those who would continue to insist that the CPAC stage was a Nazi symbol.

“Now that we know that those who created the CPAC stage are Democratic donors, will those who accused CPAC now condemn every Democratic donor as supporting Naziism?” he tweeted. “Just wondering if they’ll be consistent… But I won’t hold my breath.”

Edited by Grouse

Why are republicans paying for a liberal company, for years, to construct their stage?   They are funding their own enemy. Why did they refuse to hire a company that supports their beliefs?  They’re free to hire who they please.  Just interesting they kept hiring the same company who is fundamentally opposed to them.  Weird. 

If you don't get your answer from the post prior to your most recent one, you don't understand the issue.

Enemies?  I don't think conservatives view political opponents as enemies.  If anything they pity them and try to educate them.

Ever consider conservatives might choose the most qualified candidate regardless of their political affiliation?

I know that's a very difficult thing for people on the left to comprehend.

Edited by Grouse

39 minutes ago, Grouse said:

If you don't get your answer from the post prior to your most recent one, you don't understand the issue.

Enemies?  I don't think conservatives view political opponents as enemies.  If anything they pity them and try to educate them.

Ever consider conservatives might choose the most qualified candidate regardless of their political affiliation?

I know that's a very difficult thing for people on the left to comprehend.

I’m not an expert on stage construction, but I'm sure some of our own HNY Patriots could construct that stage just as well.  Some of their craftsmanship is remarkable. If you have two people who can do the same thing and one of them is a leftist who holds anti American values and the other is someone who holds your same values, this is an easy answer. So why are they continually funneling money to leftist organizations?   It doesnt make sense. 

Why would anyone trust what design foundry has to say?  Now you are trusting the words of a leftist company?   “We had no idea”...... lol.   

i think cpac has some questions to answer on why they are funding a company that has leftist ties.  

Edited by diplomat019
  • Haha 1