Crossbow Full Inclusion Support needed

tughillmcd

Done ,  I like my compound but have a couple of older hunters that cant draw bow back well anymore , miss having them in camp for whole archery season. Anything that let's them hunt more in better weather has got my.support

• Like 11

I used to be on board for full inclusion, not anymore. It was bad enough last deer season on public land during the gun season with over populated areas. Add the cross bow into the main archery season and I may as well stay home because odd are I won't have a place to hunt in the SZ because all the people who just want the easy way into the bow season will be out in hordes. I'm all for those with a disability having full inclusion, but not every tome dick and harry anymore.

45 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

I used to be on board for full inclusion, not anymore. It was bad enough last deer season on public land during the gun season with over populated areas. Add the cross bow into the main archery season and I may as well stay home because odd are I won't have a place to hunt in the SZ because all the people who just want the easy way into the bow season will be out in hordes. I'm all for those with a disability having full inclusion, but not every tome dick and harry anymore.

It's called public land for a reason, so what makes you the elite bowhunter more entitled to this land than a crossbow hunter? 

Edited by NYBowhunter
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

It's called public land for a reason, so what makes you the elite bowhunter more entitled to this land than a crossbow hunter? 

It doesn't, I did not even say or hint at that. I said I was not for inclusion for people who are too lazy to use a real bow. I also said I didn't have an issue with those who can't physically use a regular bow to have full inclusion. Listen, I've about had enough of people here shoving your opinions down others throats, read my signature! I have a god damn right to my opinion the same as anyone else!

1 hour ago, DirtTime said:

It doesn't, I did not even say or hint at that. I said I was not for inclusion for people who are too lazy to use a real bow. I also said I didn't have an issue with those who can't physically use a regular bow to have full inclusion. Listen, I've about had enough of people here shoving your opinions down others throats, read my signature! I have a god damn right to my opinion the same as anyone else!

What? That’s exactly what you said. Literally, almost word for word. You consider crossbow hunters to be “lazy” and you don’t want the added competition during archery season. It’s ok to stand by your position but why flip out when someone challenges it?

That said, I agree with you. I’m in favor of crossbows for the old or disabled during archery season.  

A crossbow is easier to get good at shooting. But that’s not a bad thing. I would rather see a guy using a crossbow that shoots well. then a guy who brings his bow out 2 weeks before the season, and can’t shoot for crap and calls himself a bow hunter.

I wonder how many guys would be in favor of having to qualify with there bow or crossbow every year to get your bow tags. Then see how many bow guys would switch to a crossbow because it’s easier to shoot.:russian:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DirtTime said:

You literally said you don't want your public land flooded with lazy crossbow hunters.  Do you not even know what you wrote? Again, answer my question, why should you be able to hunt  with a bow but I can't hunt with a crossbow in the same season, why you can choose a bow but I can't choose a crossbow, why? BTW I hunt with a bow, but I also enjoy using a crossbow, im quite successful with both but why should I have another hunter tell me what to use ? I swear you bowhunter elitist are more detrimental to this sport then those tree huggers.  

• Like 3