Crossbow Full Inclusion Support needed

tughillmcd

4 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Well if you get in a pinch I can send you to a place where Xbow will have no bearing if you see anyone or not. 

I have no qualm with crossbows. Just not my preference. The bottom of Letchworth would not appeal to me either but I am always looking for promising places to hunt:wink:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DirtTime said:

I'll just keep this simple, a bow does not have a scope or a gun stock, if it has those features, its a gun. All be it a gun that shoots an arrow, still a gun.

As for my post, perhaps I miss-worded it, or perhaps like others you just read into things what you want and miss the point. Yes, I did say lazy people. How many people have stated they would get into "archery" if they could use a crossbow for the whole season? How many of those have also stated it's because of how easy they are to tune and set up? That they don't want the hassle of shooting a vertical bow often to get proficient? I won't even go into the thought process being pushed that leads some to think they are going to get so much more yardage from a crossbow. Yep, if it walks and quacks like a duck.........

My personal opinion on the whole matter has changed. From what I consider them to be, to some of the problems full inclusion will bring. Also after listening to people who are against it explain their reasons. I say this over and over and over and over, I try to look at the big picture.

Trust me when I say this- I am no elitist bow hunter! If anything, adding full inclusion will cater to the elitist gun hunters. Think about that for a little while, seriously think about it. Let it sink in.

So it comes down to you dont want more hunters after your deer. It's simple to say , ove watched compounds become legal to the horror of traditionalists,  then the argument on let off allowed,  the use of a trigger ( release) the use of brass pins to fiberoptic, to lighted.  They all have come to be and the sport continues on with the changes  if you use any if these improvements and are against crossbow then you simply just dont want competition, 

Almost everyone I know that uses a crossbow has shot a compound for years.  The skill need to get into range and effectively take game consistant is what matters. If you cant take deer with a gun a crossbow will not help.  Believe it a lot will give up quickly as the long shots will deflect or deer duck arrow.  Its happens now 600k hunters and take is under 200 k. And we all know that so many hunters take 2 buck or multiple deer across seasons the number of successful hunters then becomes even less.   A crossbow will not make someone a better hunter . 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Steve D said:

I have no qualm with crossbows. Just not my preference. The bottom of Letchworth would not appeal to me either but I am always looking for promising places to hunt:wink:

You don’t have to go all the way to the bottom.  Hell I will give ya this spot.  About an hour and a half from the road and your golden. Just about guarantee you won’t have issues with any other hunters. 

E7BA1448-D388-4F6C-9C97-27CE316B70C6.png

9 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

You don’t have to go all the way to the bottom.  Hell I will give ya this spot.  About an hour and a half from the road and your golden. Just about guarantee you won’t have issues with any other hunters. 

E7BA1448-D388-4F6C-9C97-27CE316B70C6.png

Hey! That's my spot!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

Thanks for the info but I wouldn't want to infringe on ncountry's spot:wink:.

I would probably have to eat the deer there because I sure as hell couldn't drag it out but thanks for the offer.:pleasantry:

• Haha 2

I don't support Full Inclusion but I don't fight against it either . When Full Inclusion takes effect , I will put away my compounds and let them collect dust . No sense in hunting with an inferior weapon . I can eliminate the need to practice all summer with my compound .  I have a crossbow . I am satisfied with the way the season is right now . 

• Like 3

I’m not giving up my bow. I don’t consider my bow inferior. But I will use a crossbow when hunting in a ground blind. I can see where the cams are on a crossbow always think I’m going to hit the roof or my leg with one of the cams on my bow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Larry said:

I’m not giving up my bow. I don’t consider my bow inferior. But I will use a crossbow when hunting in a ground blind. I can see where the cams are on a crossbow always think I’m going to hit the roof or my leg with one of the cams on my bow.

Same here. Love my compound and will use as long as I can. But the Xbow is an awesome weapon and fun to shoot. It’s funny the people that think others will shoot their deer if Xbow’s are used when the season now is set up for the Xbow to have the best 2 weeks of the season at the best time to kill a top end buck during the rut.  

3 hours ago, Larry said:

I agree in a blind they are great, but in a stand they get.me worried as limbs can hit tree trunks,  and I cant hug a tree and shoot right along side it.  

17 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

I don't want anyone shooting "my" deer . I spent a lot of time marking them to make it easier to shoot during Bow Season . :rolleyes:

Target Deer.jpg

In general, crossbows provide much more penetration.  Those two are lined up for a perfect "double".  Center punch double lung on doe and heart on buck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

When do we know if this has been passed? I just want to use a less bulky x bow. Can care less about using it in October. Also they are trying to make it so we have the half hour after sunset. That is the biggest difference maker in all of it. I really hope that goes through.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TonySkyline said:

When do we know if this has been passed? I just want to use a less bulky x bow. Can care less about using it in October. Also they are trying to make it so we have the half hour after sunset. That is the biggest difference maker in all of it. I really hope that goes through.

Budget hasn't been passed or decided on , may be months..white knows,and then they can still pass as seperate bills

• Like 1

Wish they would hurry it up, debating a new x bow or bow... a new rem 700 rifle & AR build will have to hold me over.
In regards to the crossbow stuff, I agree with people on both sides. To me, the important thing is getting rid of the absolutely pointless width and draw weight restrictions. I dont mind the current season as it falls at the rut anyway plus I like to hunt with both but definitely feel more accomplished if I get one with my compound.

16 minutes ago, TonySkyline said:

Wish they would hurry it up, debating a new x bow or bow... a new rem 700 rifle & AR build will have to hold me over.
In regards to the crossbow stuff, I agree with people on both sides. To me, the important thing is getting rid of the absolutely pointless width and draw weight restrictions. I dont mind the current season as it falls at the rut anyway plus I like to hunt with both but definitely feel more accomplished if I get one with my compound.

I'm opposite I have no issue with restrictions,  would like it in all of archery with restrictions, I think that would be,easier to pass.. jmo

The opinion many have is crossgun are more effective weapons. The state needs that so they can reach harvest objectives. Being crossgun is easier that’s a great idea. The argument though is contradictory. Why not just make a buckshot season for instance coincide? The range isn’t any different. Has lots of the same features as a crossgun? 
It’d be less likely to miss than even a crossgun. Why not push for that? Or we could just say forget the bow season. Make it all a general season. Extend the season is another answer. So is allowing bait, God forbid 

Bowhunters have a mentality crossgun guys don’t. None of this is about my shoulder hurts. It’s about manipulating something to get your way. Bow hunters enjoy the solitude, look to the challenge. That’s why they want the season they worked for and love to stay the same. Be a bow hunter. Challenge yourself and use it muzzleloader season  and be happy. If that not an acceptable answer you need to wonder why you want to be a “bow” hunter. Answer is you don’t. You want the easy way out. No one cares if you shoot deer. God bless you if you do. Use a bow, bow season and a gun, gun season. If crossgun ever did get allowed we shouldn’t stop there. Think about the inclusion of other things to help dec regulate numbers if that’s the sole intention. Nothing worse than someone lying or manipulating to try and shame you into agreeing with them. You need more brainpower than that. Weak argument folks. Bow guys keep it up, keep fighting 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Foggy Mountain said:

The opinion many have is crossgun are more effective weapons. The state needs that so they can reach harvest objectives. Being crossgun is easier that’s a great idea. The argument though is contradictory. Why not just make a buckshot season for instance coincide? The range isn’t any different. Has lots of the same features as a crossgun? 
It’d be less likely to miss than even a crossgun. Why not push for that? Or we could just say forget the bow season. Make it all a general season. Extend the season is another answer. So is allowing bait, God forbid 

Bowhunters have a mentality crossgun guys don’t. None of this is about my shoulder hurts. It’s about manipulating something to get your way. Bow hunters enjoy the solitude, look to the challenge. That’s why they want the season they worked for and love to stay the same. Be a bow hunter. Challenge yourself and use it muzzleloader season  and be happy. If that not an acceptable answer you need to wonder why you want to be a “bow” hunter. Answer is you don’t. You want the easy way out. No one cares if you shoot deer. God bless you if you do. Use a bow, bow season and a gun, gun season. If crossgun ever did get allowed we shouldn’t stop there. Think about the inclusion of other things to help dec regulate numbers if that’s the sole intention. Nothing worse than someone lying or manipulating to try and shame you into agreeing with them. You need more brainpower than that. Weak argument folks. Bow guys keep it up, keep fighting 

And there you have it. Your last words speak volumes in today’s hunting world and will someday be its demise.                           The fact is that those that own their property will continue to use crossbows during bow season if that’s the only weapon they want to use regardless of want or need. State lands will again be the only lands that won’t see Xbow’s  

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Foggy Mountain said:

If I was sitting 50 yards from you and shot my bow you would never hear it, if I was 50 yards from you with a crossbow you would never hear it. The solitude doenst change and if that is what your after then how do you put up with duck goose and small game.season all at same time?? 

Fact is you do not want any more competition, yet nybh made more competition by making it a muzzleloader ( ridiculous) no archery course needed , no training of the mentality bowhunters need to get.close aim properly and kill game cleanly, so anyone that hunted could go out and buy one.  Had it in fact demanded a archery course to be used the issue would be moot as its limitations and method of killing would be taught and known. .

It should be archery equipment period. And course required, no grandfathered in. Same as when archery became seperate.  I have no problem with current restrictions on them but would like to see them recognized for what they are archery equipment.  The way nybh looks at them is the way early colonists looked at black slaves.. non human and no rights when in fact we know we are all human and should have the same rights!

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 1