Crossbow Full Inclusion Support needed

tughillmcd

15 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

Did you not hear Belo. It’s because HE does not like them. Gives you all the info you need to know about that one and the big picture of hunting. 

Your right. No sense to continue.

Xbow is a legal weapon.

Now we are just fighting for more access.

Truth be told as I already stated the Xbow limitations annoy me more than the additional two weeks. 

I’ll just buy myself a new bow and pat myself on the back when I kill a deer with it like I was William Tell.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Did you not hear Belo. It’s because HE does not like them. Gives you all the info you need to know about that one and the big picture of hunting. 

Now if that's true, that is just silly. What's not to like, they are cumbersome yes but fun as heck to shoot. I've heard everything from the bowhunter aficionados  that the reason we want to hunt with a crossbow is because we are lazy,we are a buch of hunters that want  instant gratification,  we don't want to put the time in to be proficient with a bow etc... but not one valid reason to not include crossbow. It boggles my mind...lol.. I just don't get it. What makes these people tick....lol

Put the time in has become a joke.

My nephew bough a bow last summer and killed a huge buck on Long Island with it. I posted the pictures in the harvest thread.

Modern bows with fiber optic sights, trigger release and light weight materials are easy to shoot. 

The purists fought against compound bows and trigger releases years ago.

• Like 3

On 3/6/2021 at 12:39 PM, DirtTime said:

It doesn't, I did not even say or hint at that. I said I was not for inclusion for people who are too lazy to use a real bow. I also said I didn't have an issue with those who can't physically use a regular bow to have full inclusion. Listen, I've about had enough of people here shoving your opinions down others throats, read my signature! I have a god damn right to my opinion the same as anyone 

By real bow you mean a wooden long bow right? Not a mechanical wheeled compound with a trigger assisted release. Cause long bow hunters are the only real bow hunters. 

• Like 1

On 4/7/2021 at 9:21 AM, Belo said:

counter point. How is a crossbow user not inferior to an archer? 

I think the main point that you are missing is that somewhere in NY, there is a 93 yr WW2 veteran who bow hunted for many years with a recurve, then a few more with a compound.   He would really like to get out again before the weather gets too cold, with his 14 year old great-granddaughter.  She has recently taken an interest in deer hunting.  Problem is, his old shoulders are just not up to it.  Weighing just 87 pounds, she also struggles a bit with a vertical bow.

The crossbow could let them spend some quality time in the outdoors.  A few, well-organized "selfish elitists" are holding them back.  You must be very proud of your achievements.  It looks like you got at least one more year when no "inferior" is going to get "your" buck before the cold weather and the peak of the rut. Bravo tough-guy.

ps, if you think a guy that survived Iwo Jima is going to ask for a Dr's excuse to use a crossbow early now, you got another thing coming.

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Like I have said before. The only way to end all the bickering among  hunters and special interests is to have one season, whatever the dates, and allow each hunter to fill all of his or her tags with the legal weapon of their choice any time during the open season.

I am not interested in crossbows but have no objection to someone else using them. Who should  care what legal weapon you use to fill your tags and freezer?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Like I have said before. The only way to end all the bickering among  hunters and special interests is to have one season, whatever the dates, and allow each hunter to fill all of his or her tags with the legal weapon of their choice any time during the open season.

I am not interested in crossbows but have no objection to someone else using them. Who should  care what legal weapon you use to fill your tags and freezer?

The problem with such a free for all, is that most deer quickly go full nocturnal once guns start going off.   It makes more sense to have an archery season first.   What I would like to see is open deer season for recurve and longbow on October 1, compounds and crossbows on October 15, and leave gun and ML as current.

That gives the true "traditionalists" a well deserved "jump start" but sticks it to the "cupcakes" (compound only users who oppose the crossbow).

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

That gives the true "traditionalists" a well deserved "jump start" but sticks it to the "cupcakes" (compound only users who oppose the crossbow).

That’s really really funny!!

1 minute ago, wolc123 said:

The problem with such a free for all, is that most deer quickly go full nocturnal once guns start going off.   

Not in these parts. They are going nocturnal way before gun season. Trail cameras indicate they are pretty much nocturnal by the last week up October or first week of November. Hard to see one here during the day that time of year.

Would using guns speed up the process....maybe but they are going nocturnal either way.

6 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

The problem with such a free for all, is that most deer quickly go full nocturnal once guns start going off.   It makes more sense to have an archery season first.   What I would like to see is open deer season for recurve and longbow on October 1, compounds and crossbows on October 15, and leave gun and ML as current.

Wrong.  In my area 99% of the land is private property. These laws or regulations will have zero, zilch, nada, null, effects on the deers daily patterns. 

1 hour ago, Rowdy10 said:

You should know that cupcake is my idea for crossbow archery (cupcake archery )stolen by cross gun people they -like to to high jack things just like bow season -can't even come up with a name of their own for hated bow hunters
ILL REPEAT -CROSSBOW IS CUPCAKE ARCHERY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no doubt that you are the cupcake king.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rowdy10 said:

You should know that cupcake is my idea for crossbow archery (cupcake archery )stolen by cross gun people they -like to to high jack things just like bow season -can't even come up with a name of their own for hated bow hunters
ILL REPEAT -CROSSBOW IS CUPCAKE ARCHERY

What I think is funny is that you think of these things. 

I won’t repeat it because I think you heard it the first time.  

• Like 1

I’m all for this but your dates are off!

Let’s keep the seasons exactly as they are now but put compounds in the xbow season so the wheel bow and Xbow hunters can still have the best 2 weeks.

Why so serious??? Can't we all just, get along? Lol. I still haven't heard what the hell happened about the possible changes if any at all. Everyone crying about what they like or don't like, I think we have more serious issues happening in NY other than x bow season. We have thousands of illegal border jumpers headed our way because Cuomo is paying them to come here (with everyone leaving this shithole it makes sense). Cities all over NY will be a sanctuary cities. Imagine what hunting will be like with all of them.. I doubt they will care about what laws we have, they will probably just go whenever with whatever weapons of choice. Things could get alot worse than just someone using a crossbow during archery season. Haha. I only bring this up because I see it now with fishing especially but hunting as well. Dude was being my job in an apple orchard hunting deer with a x bow first week of archery. He got dragged out by DEC. Seen alot of this fishing keeping way over the limit. Lets hope this is not the case but who knows

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I’m probably one of the biggest crossbow advocates on here. My youngest sons friend is an assemblyman for New York and an avid hunter and was pushing for this or to turn it over to the dec witch it should be! But too many pockets are greased and they can use the Covid excuse to push this away again to keep getting paid. Someday it’ll happen I just hope I’m still living in this state to see it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rowdy10 said:

We love crossguns just not as archery because it's not-now that doesn't mean it won't be
Getting EDGY you people -only ones talking bullshit here are the ones spelling it out
You have 2 week season with a cross gun what else do you need -TAG SOUP MUST BE REAL THING OF FEAR

Yeah making that statement to me shows your lack of knowledge. Crossbows with their own season and tag during bow won’t hurt you sweetheart. Unless you are afraid someone might kill your deer first. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

So much whining. People use whats most efficient and convenient. Why not. Were all trying  to feed families and have fun. If you dont like it dont  do it. Pretty simple!!! Waaahhhhh waaaahhhhh 

see now you just shot yourself in your foot. The key driver behind the crossbow debate is that every hunter should be allowed to hunt how they want.

Yet here you are assuming that all hunters are out trying to feed their families. I bet there isn't a single hunter on this board who hunts because their family would starve without it. This isn't to say that many of us (myself included) aren't meat hunters, but gtfo with that "we're just trying to feed our families bs". Think about what some of these members invest in cams, leases and plots. It's to kill big bucks. period.

Now to your first point. If we're out here to use the most efficient and convenient weapon, why do we have an archery season? That NYBOWHUNTER is why I'm anti-crossbow. You said you didn't like that reason, but it's a reason none the less. Archery is meant to be a challenge. The crossbow steps over that line.

14 hours ago, wolc123 said:

I think the main point that you are missing is that somewhere in NY, there is a 93 yr WW2 veteran who bow hunted for many years with a recurve, then a few more with a compound.   He would really like to get out again before the weather gets too cold, with his 14 year old great-granddaughter.  She has recently taken an interest in deer hunting.  Problem is, his old shoulders are just not up to it.  Weighing just 87 pounds, she also struggles a bit with a vertical bow.

The crossbow could let them spend some quality time in the outdoors.  A few, well-organized "selfish elitists" are holding them back.  You must be very proud of your achievements.  It looks like you got at least one more year when no "inferior" is going to get "your" buck before the cold weather and the peak of the rut. Bravo tough-guy.

ps, if you think a guy that survived Iwo Jima is going to ask for a Dr's excuse to use a crossbow early now, you got another thing coming.

wolc you've read enough of my posts to know that I am in favor of making it simple for the elderly and disabled. So stop, we've done this dance and it doesn't work with me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TonySkyline said:

Why so serious??? Can't we all just, get along? Lol. I still haven't heard what the hell happened about the possible changes if any at all. Everyone crying about what they like or don't like, I think we have more serious issues happening in NY other than x bow season. We have thousands of illegal border jumpers headed our way because Cuomo is paying them to come here (with everyone leaving this shithole it makes sense). Cities all over NY will be a sanctuary cities. Imagine what hunting will be like with all of them.. I doubt they will care about what laws we have, they will probably just go whenever with whatever weapons of choice. Things could get alot worse than just someone using a crossbow during archery season. Haha. I only bring this up because I see it now with fishing especially but hunting as well. Dude was being my job in an apple orchard hunting deer with a x bow first week of archery. He got dragged out by DEC. Seen alot of this fishing keeping way over the limit. Lets hope this is not the case but who knows

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

this is a forum to discuss hunting. Nobody is changing the world here. Because something more serious is going on, we can't escape in the offseason and talk about deer hunting?

Sorry mom, we're canceling your mothers day party, there's too many illegal border crossings and we just can't see it in ourselves to do anything else while this is happening.

A lot of guys on here claiming that the modern compound is so easy to shoot. Yeah I'm not going to argue that it's not the hardest thing in the world to learn. I'd also argue that backyard 20 yards and flipflops is very different than in a stand in 24* and a big buck slightly quartering away 25' in the air. And yeah nerves can get the crossbow hunter too right? What's the one thing that crossbow hunter doesn't have to do? Draw. There's no level of skill that eliminates the movement in drawing on a deer and knowing when to draw. If you haven't been busted on the draw, you haven't hunted long enough haha.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Belo said:

see now you just shot yourself in your foot. The key driver behind the crossbow debate is that every hunter should be allowed to hunt how they want.

Yet here you are assuming that all hunters are out trying to feed their families. I bet there isn't a single hunter on this board who hunts because their family would starve without it. This isn't to say that many of us (myself included) aren't meat hunters, but gtfo with that "we're just trying to feed our families bs". Think about what some of these members invest in cams, leases and plots. It's to kill big bucks. period.

Now to your first point. If we're out here to use the most efficient and convenient weapon, why do we have an archery season? That NYBOWHUNTER is why I'm anti-crossbow. You said you didn't like that reason, but it's a reason none the less. Archery is meant to be a challenge. The crossbow steps over that line.

Some prefer a higher quality meat than store bought garbage. I raise my own chickens as well. Its how my family operates. Low fat high protein venison is as good as it gets. 

54 minutes ago, Belo said:

A lot of guys on here claiming that the modern compound is so easy to shoot. Yeah I'm not going to argue that it's not the hardest thing in the world to learn. I'd also argue that backyard 20 yards and flipflops is very different than in a stand in 24* and a big buck slightly quartering away 25' in the air. And yeah nerves can get the crossbow hunter too right? What's the one thing that crossbow hunter doesn't have to do? Draw. There's no level of skill that eliminates the movement in drawing on a deer and knowing when to draw. If you haven't been busted on the draw, you haven't hunted long enough haha.

I understand  what you are saying  but a lot of the older hunters physically  cant do it anymore and the younger ones just don't care about all that  DEC only cares about selling more tags  and how many deer they need to harvest  . So my prediction is the trend will continue until  archery  looks like this  https://images.app.goo.gl/YmQcVJgjK6Th7uCN7 it is what it is .

Personally would like to see a primitive archery season as well  that's even longer then  normal archery  that would  be cool , another tag and more  money for the states conservation efforts .