WTH with this gun law ????

My buddy buys a new .22 a month ago .. all goes fine .

He goes back today to buy another and because his drivers license doesn’t have his full middle name the guy said he can’t buy it .

The guy said this stated in November 

I called Bass Pro and Walmart and both said they never heard of this 

I bought a .22 about a month ago at dicks and everything went fine. I bought another gun a couple of days ago at sportsman's warehouse and it took about an hour for me to clear the background check. I was about to give up when I finally passed through the system. No mention of middle name but mine is on my license. 

I bought a new gun thru Gunbroker last week and picked it up from The FFL designee yesterday he had me fill out a paper background check application and told me to spell out my first name my middle name and my last name which I did He took a copy of my drivers license which has my middle initial but not my full middle name spelled out  

he told me yesterday was the last day that they were allowed to put paper Background check applications through starting today everything has to be done digitally.  Perhaps this is why some places are doing it one way and others may be doing it another way either way I was pretty please with a gun broker.com pretty slick process good price and got what I wanted without too much hassle

• Like 1

What a bunch of slimy fu#ks ,how can anybody vote these POS democrats in office and not hide their face in shame afterwards . I'll never understand the attraction of voting democrat ,more rules and it cost way more for everyday living . 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

Why is this in general chit chat? I dont want to read some peoples dumb opinions unless i go looking for them. @luberhill,could you post this stuff in the gun hunting laws and politics discussion section? You keep posting stuff here that doesnt belong.

This is an example of leftist ideology wanting to tell everyone else how to live their lives.  They want you to conform to their rules or just STFU.

Screw that crap.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Grouse said:

This is an example of leftist ideology wanting to tell everyone else how to live their lives.  They want you to conform to their rules or just STFU.

Screw that crap.

The section this belongs in has gun laws in its title you blockhead. Didn't you remind me of the forum rules before?

Edited by BowmanMike
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Screw that crap.

Well this made it political, even though it was from the beginning.

This DOES belong in the "Guns And Hunting Laws Political Discussions" area, it's not general chit chat, so I agree with @BowmanMike this isn't where it belongs.

I would call an actual gun shop to get the skinny, box store employees rarely know their @$$ from a hole in the ground.

Edited by DirtTime
Spell check seems to only know the urban dictionary these days.

1 hour ago, Steuben Jerry said:

WTF? If you don’t want to, why did you? Why the name calling?

1 hour ago, Steuben Jerry said:

WTF? If you don’t want to, why did you? Why the name calling?

If i want to i can go to the political discussion section and read it. If the same stuff keeps popping up in the general chit chat what is the point of sections at all?

3 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

If i want to i can go to the political discussion section and read it. If the same stuff keeps popping up in the general chit chat what is the point of sections at all?

I don’t disagree with that at all, the “dumb” thing struck me as a WTF.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

Well this made it political, even though it was from the beginning.

This DOES belong in the "Guns And Hunting Laws Political Discussions" area, it's not general chit chat, so I agree with @BowmanMike this isn't where it belongs.

I would call an actual gun shop to get the skinny, box store employees rarely know their @$$ from a hole in the ground.

Well if box stores are selling guns and haven’t had any issue with the middle name ,I would say it’s not law !

3 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I don’t disagree with that at all, the “dumb” thing struck me as a WTF.

Alright,maybe over the top. Jeremy K likes throwing his treasured opinions into the discussion on lots of different topics in the general chit chat and has not been called out on it. So i guess i just got a little over sensitized to yet another great insight ... 

Opinions are fine,how and where you state them should be a consideration on this forum. 

13 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Pass it by if you don’t want to read it, pretty simple .

If you don’t think it belongs here