2021 garden thread

corydd7

Mixed bag this week for my garden. Caught this doe as she broke into the garden, stopped her from eating much but they get in whenever they want. 

Buttttttttt pulled some carrots, potatoes, jalapeños, and eggplant. Must be 40 to 50 eggplant so far. Dried another two racks of basil we have enough basil already to last us a year. 

Had more potatoes but they didn't fit in the picture.  French fingerlings

20210813_193401.jpg

20210815_003148.jpg

20210808_210643.jpg

• Like 3

d4139c9ac8dd21e7a4d0c92b9349dcb6.jpg
Monster cherry tomato plant …7’ but still green…it was an extra that I just stuck in there- turns out they love growing there
4637bc7861134a4732606ff438af5b35.jpg
And a monster pumpkin pie pumpkin plant- that’s one plant tackling my basil…I see only two fruits so far though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Picture doesn't do the carrot justice it was as long as my forearm. Was starting to give up in them. 

Some weird worm looking thing is trying it's best to destroy my Brussel sprout plants. Overnight top leaves were demolished along with black crap all over the plants. 

Another eight eggplant, the plants are falling over do to weight. 

Screenshot_20210817-215623_Photos.jpg

20210817_173806.jpg

• Like 5

My tomatoes are popping daily, eggplants in full force and butternut squash all coming in. Bell peppers cranking out too. Cucumbers are about done and a weird year for them, just didn't get the normal bumper crop I normally get. Bean about done too and lettuce and spinach all been done for a while. Zucchini looks to be about done too and something stole a lot of my corn lol.

Edited by Belo

Lots of deformed carrots because I planted them to close but they are great. I'll keep canning eggplant because it's amazing! Deer apparently don't like banana peppers compared to others so I got a little haul today. 

Cilantro is bolting I need to lookup how to haven't coriander. Basil is insane I cut it back it comes in thicker. Already have two jars of basil, at this pace I will have plenty of basil year around. 

Brussels look good but the plant is ate to shit. Another problem hopefully I find a fix.

20210824_194236.jpg

I have five of these on my deck and the harvest has been spectacular! I’ve harvested the equivalent of two five gallon buckets so far and things are just beginning to slow down. The wife is very happy as are lots of friends. Me, I don’t care for them. I just grow ‘me. 

329F67B2-7AC4-4E1A-BAE4-9B5C43996548.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Belo said:

anyone have random tomato plants sprout? I don't know if they're seeds from last years tomatoes that fell off or the compost but i have random plants growing outside my beds

same! I thought it was because i throw the broken tomatoes out of the garden fence figuring animals will eat those easy meals and then i saw a plant pop up haha

• Like 1

Hey Biz, how did those yellow tomatoes come out? Were they too mild, or did they taste the same as the red ones?

Carolina Gold tomatoes were amazing! Definitely will do them again. I liked them better than the red ones actually

c75400f90f3439bd535673c5d96caf2e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

Carolina Gold tomatoes were amazing! Definitely will do them again. I liked them better than the red ones actually

c75400f90f3439bd535673c5d96caf2e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree I did lemon boy and loved them much better than the red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1