2021 garden thread

corydd7

Asian eggplant, squash, zucchini, a couple different peppers. I sprayed some deer repellent in a heavy quantity, it has worked the last four days but my garden is about tapped out for now. I'm happy just to be able to salvage some of the garden the last week.

20210715_142048.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, corydd7 said:

Asian eggplant, squash, zucchini, a couple different peppers. I sprayed some deer repellent in a heavy quantity, it has worked the last four days but my garden is about tapped out for now. I'm happy just to be able to salvage some of the garden the last week.

20210715_142048.jpg

I take the dog hair that’s collected in the vacume  cleaner. Spread it around the garden . I was late getting it on and the neighborhood whitetails picked on a couple of my  bruslesprouts. Put hair on the day I found it and they haven't been back for 3 days now.  We have 2 labs so I regularly vacume up a 3rd dog . Not saying it will always work but it has worked for me .

• Like 1

23 hours ago, corydd7 said:

Made my first batch of pickles from the garden. I have five jars of pickled zucchini which is almost an every night snack these days. I never heard of pickled zucchini until last year, if anyone has extra zucchini it's a must try.

20210714_204225.jpg

My grandmother made a killer zucchini relish when they had a garden,ill see if i can snag the recipe.everytime i was up there to go hunting in my teens id make a sandwich and it was a must have!!!!

• Like 2

Cant keep up with the zucchini. Some cucumbers are getting big, deer spray is doing its job so far. My pepper plants that were eaten down to the numb are making a slow comeback, hopefully they will give me some peppers if left alone.

Not from my garden but I bought some treats from the Warwick farmers market. Bison burgers, ostrich steak, and goat meat for stew. Also some halibut but pretty sure that wasn't local.

20210718_191340.jpg

20210718_191345.jpg

• Like 2

So my cousin as the hot pepper freak he is,has tons of plants growing/small business setup.surprised on the market of these thing's but is trying to make it happen for sure.helped him today setup a 7x10x26 green house,maybe 1 or two more soon.The garage needs some clearing out!!!sweet,mild or super hots...Anyone in need of HOTNESS,im ur guy!!

20210718_164516.jpg

imagejpeg_987.jpg

• Like 6

Cant keep up with the zucchini. Some cucumbers are getting big, deer spray is doing its job so far. My pepper plants that were eaten down to the numb are making a slow comeback, hopefully they will give me some peppers if left alone.
Not from my garden but I bought some treats from the Warwick farmers market. Bison burgers, ostrich steak, and goat meat for stew. Also some halibut but pretty sure that wasn't local.
20210718_191340.thumb.jpg.22aaebf2be0fbc8cad89ccdc6a8e1a51.jpg
20210718_191345.thumb.jpg.5502378c9cdca0ea98acc7d633df8f3c.jpg

Hahah yea no east coast halibut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

So my cousin as the hot pepper freak he is,has tons of plants growing/small business setup.surprised on the market of these thing's but is trying to make it happen for sure.helped him today setup a 7x10x26 green house,maybe 1 or two more soon.The garage needs some clearing out!!!sweet,mild or super hots...Anyone in need of HOTNESS,im ur guy!!

20210718_164516.jpg

imagejpeg_987.jpg

Plants look healthy, awesome setup good luck to you guys!

5 minutes ago, corydd7 said:

Plants look healthy, awesome setup good luck to you guys!

Very healthy.peppers on just about every plant.i wont touch hardly anything he has.wayyyyy to hot for this guy!!!!!great for someone who likes some heat in their dish's

Edited by doebuck1234