2021 garden thread

corydd7

Picked up my plants yesterday ... alot of people  buying plants . 6 celebrities  18 san marzanos  12 lady bells  12 jets . 12 bruslesprouts.  4 zukes 4 summers 4 market more cukes 4 pickling cukes . Garlic ,beets, spinach  are up . 

For the guys in the southern tier I never put in plants until first weekend in June.  We have had frost 2 days in a row and the bird bath had ice this morning .... 

• Like 1

Nytacker, the Lady Bells are a great eating pepper for kabobs and even salads. They are actually pretty sweet for a bell pepper. I usually grow a mix of these and California Wonders. The California Wonders are perfect for stuffed peppers and chopping up for chili and tomato sauces.

• Like 2

Nothing below mid 40s by me in the future at night. Potatoes are just coming in, garlic looks good. I put some peppers and eggplant in the ground today. I had flowers on eggplant and peppers so hopefully it will deal with these cool temps and I'll get an early harvest.

Screenshot_20210513-171141_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

Ok I'm in. Massive effort lol. Five tomatoes and my potatoes for the annual contest 760db446a3ec564449d6debc567938ed.jpgdc99b127570ac0e064278a6614ab364d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
No grass clippings mulch?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Im in too.  Basic...

-Beefsteak tomatoes

-big boy tomatoes 

-cherry tomatoes

-basil

-sugar snap peas 

have a pinch of room for something else, still debating.

I would give that pinch to cucumbers and zucchini 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sbuff said:

Eggplant or peppers my vote 

3 minutes ago, SportsmanNH said:

I would give that pinch to cucumbers and zucchini 

Good ideas, thank you, the leftover spot is only about 3’x3’ so i might do an eggplant, two, or maybe even cilantro.

Im in too.  Basic...
-Beefsteak tomatoes
-big boy tomatoes 
-cherry tomatoes
-basil
-sugar snap peas 
have a pinch of room for something else, still debating.
DF0B93BD-AB21-4F74-8EF9-FBF5ECC74E02.thumb.jpeg.abfff8b177093bc049f7e2d1c74a2847.jpeg

Hot peppers and sweet pepper!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Cucumbers, beans, spinach, corn and butternut squash went in the ground Friday to join the lettuce, peppers and eggplant. My lettuce doesn't look great so I'm starting a few more in the starter pods. Eggplant looks a little rough too but it always seem to start that way.

Finally have my zucchini popping up in the pods and will get them and some tomatoes in the ground this week.

Something neat I found too. We started a compost last spring. Super easy and good for the earth kinda thing. We used a plastic bin thing that was like $40 from Lowes. Anyhow, Probably got a few cubic feet or so of compost that I spread in early April.

I was pulling up a few weeds in one of the beds and I got hit with a strong onion smell and it ended up being a growing onion lol. I'm wondering if this was from compost? How else could it have happened? 

• Like 1