Anyone get the Johnson and Johnson shot

luberhill

My parents are getting it tomorrow.  The single-dose option seems like a solid development.  

I got the first Pfizer shot yesterday and now I have to take another Saturday morning to get the second dose in a couple of weeks.  I'd trade some potential efficacy to avoid the inconvenience.  Then again, I am young and healthy, so your mileage may vary.  

Fake news 

Not fake news. I’m
Not saying it’s a bad thing I’m just saying what is done.

To make their virus vector vaccine, Johnson & Johnson infects PER.C6 fetal cell line cells with adenovirus. All PER.C6 cells used to manufacture the Johnson & Johnson vaccine are descended from tissue taken from a 1985 elective abortion that also took place in the Netherlands. They use this cell line because it is a well-studied industry standard for safe and reliable production of viral vector vaccines.

The Vatican has issued clear guidance that permits Roman Catholics in good faith to receive COVID-19 vaccines that use fetal cell lines in development or production

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Not fake news. I’m

To make their virus vector vaccine, Johnson & Johnson infects PER.C6 fetal cell line cells with adenovirus. All PER.C6 cells used to manufacture the Johnson & Johnson vaccine are descended from tissue taken from a 1985 elective abortion that also took place in the Netherlands. They use this cell line because it is a well-studied industry standard for safe and reliable production of viral vector vaccines.

The Vatican has issued clear guidance that permits Roman Catholics in good faith to receive COVID-19 vaccines that use fetal cell lines in development or production

Read my link above 

Fetal cell lines were used in the testing of both Pfizer and Moderna 

They are ALL clone NOT actual aborted tissue 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Not fake news. I’m

Fact!!

1 minute ago, Four Seasons said:

They used the cells to grow the vaccine. Still fetal use involved and who knows about all the DNA stuff. 

Many many vaccines used today and in the past use fetal cell lines ...

The DNA modified vaccines are the Pfizer and Moderna , the J and J is a totally different vaccine ...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

They used the cells to grow the vaccine. Still fetal use involved and who knows about all the DNA stuff. 

Chickenpox, Rubella , Rabies, Hepatitus , and many others use the same fetal cell lines ..

Clone from 1985 fetus cells ,, not tissue ..

• Like 1

On 3/7/2021 at 1:23 PM, luberhill said:

Many many vaccines used today and in the past use fetal cell lines ...

The DNA modified vaccines are the Pfizer and Moderna , the J and J is a totally different vaccine ...

Pfizer and Moderna does not use DNA's at all.  It uses mRNA which is basically a chemical "instruction manual" on how to deal with the virus.

URMC called today and offered me the shot. I asked if they had the J&J available. She said no but she would put in my chart to call when they do.  I told her I would wait for it as it was previously tested as the basis for their ebola vaccine. And that I have watched I Am Legend too many times. She said she knows what I mean.

• Like 1