Jump to content

Deer Hunters Should Not Turn On Each Other...


Recommended Posts

Anyone currently reading and or participating  in the Threadin the Crossbow Section entitled- - Crossbow Full Inclusion Support Needed should watch this video.

 Especially  if you are against it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't understand the hatred against crossbows.  I hunt with a recurve most often and remember when the bowhunters hated compound bows and didn't want them to be legal.  They though they weren't "rea

I reject this notion, regardless of which side you're on. What if an "any weapon, any time" was proposed, would I be allowed to object to that? Opposing something doesn't make you an anti hunter. S

Posted Images

I reject this notion, regardless of which side you're on. What if an "any weapon, any time" was proposed, would I be allowed to object to that? Opposing something doesn't make you an anti hunter.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
I reject this notion, regardless of which side you're on. What if an "any weapon, any time" was proposed, would I be allowed to object to that? Opposing something doesn't make you an anti hunter.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
There's where you're wrong. Opposing anyone else's ideas or thoughts these days makes you the enemy. You are not supposed to think for yourself or stand up for what you think is right....unless you agree that is. (Ask Bill if he would agree to using rimfires rifles for his prized spring turkeys). I'd dump a greasy longbeard, at 100 yds with my 22 mag if it were legal, Bill would have a fit though.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Opposing something that is already legal and established is the issue.  As long as hunters play by the rules defined by law, criticism is not productive.  If you don't like the rules or the law, go after the lawmakers, not the hunters.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hunters are allowed to voice their opinion like anyone else.  Only thing I would say is if it's currently legal other hunters shouldn't bag on the method or what a hunter takes that he/she is happy with.  But this doesn't mean a person needs to support a change blindly so that we all get along. It's just not gonna happen. 

Most often hunters here are quick to congratulate another hunter whether they take a doe, small or a big buck or if they took it with a bow, xbow or a rifle as long as it's legal.  

Most people are going to support what is best for them, just let's not restrict the opportunities for others when we do it. But no one should have to fall in line because of anti hunters.  

Should all hunters then tow the line? Like turkey and deer hunters?  Okay then let's see if Bill agrees with getting rid of the fall turkey season cause deer hunters want the woods to themselves.  There's more deer hunters than turkey hunters so I guess they will just have to agree.  Now I am not supporting this idea ..just making an example.  And Bill you would be the first to rightly stomp your feet on this one. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Should all hunters then tow the line? Like turkey and deer hunters?  Okay then let's see if Bill agrees with getting rid of the fall turkey season cause deer hunters want the woods to themselves.  There's more deer hunters than turkey hunters so I guess they will just have to agree.  

Hunting laws should always be based on conservation and what is best for the species.  Game laws should never be written to pander to the majority of hunters.  We should reject ideas like this because they have no basis in wildlife management.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Hunting laws should always be based on conservation and what is best for the species.  Game laws should never be written to pander to the majority of hunters.  We should reject ideas like this because they have no basis in wildlife management.

I agree, it was an example as I stated, that we shouldn't tow the line so that "we get along" for the antihunters. 

But I would disagree a little.  Laws also need to reflect the will and want of the people.  It's more effective for game management that everyone hunts with a rifle but I don't want them to do away with a bow or muzzleloader season.

Edited by Robhuntandfish
Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess my way of thought is just because something is legal, it doesn't mean that I should support it or support others that do it. What is being "legal" anyways? Some lawmaker gives you permission to do something? So if something were "wrong" (illegal) suddenly if made "legal" it should be socially acceptable? What if using gill nets were legal for fishing? Would you still drive by the guy on the lake pulling in a net full of walleyes and support his right to do so? I wouldn't, I don't care if it's legal or not. Right/wrong are completely different than legal/illegal, they don't correlate directly with one another. It's up to each of us to decide what's right or wrong.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless of what worldly issues we solve on this thread, I think the biggest question still remains. Why is the guy that has no interest in deer hunting suddenly the biggest crusader of crossbows for deer?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Debate is fine when it's about a new law or changes to existing laws.  But once the law is established, we should not be attacking other hunters for the method or style they choose to utilize, because we don't think it should be legal or because we feel it's not worthy.  Purists can be the worst offenders of this type of snobbery.  It surely doesn't help to increase hunter numbers.  The old "Divide and Conquer" adage should be remembered whenever we see anyone doing that.

The law dictates what is right or wrong.  If we believe a law is "wrong", we should bring it up with the lawmakers, not attack people in the field who are doing something legal because an individual sets himself up as the judge of what is "wrong".

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Regardless of what worldly issues we solve on this thread, I think the biggest question still remains. Why is the guy that has no interest in deer hunting suddenly the biggest crusader of crossbows for deer?

I don't feel that is even close to being the biggest question that remains in the hunting world.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Debate is fine when it's about a new law or changes to existing laws.  But once the law is established, we should not be attacking other hunters for the method or style they choose to utilize, because we don't think it should be legal or because we feel it's not worthy.  Purists can be the worst offenders of this type of snobbery.  It surely doesn't help to increase hunter numbers.  The old "Divide and Conquer" adage should be remembered whenever we see anyone doing that.
The law dictates what is right or wrong.  If we believe a law is "wrong", we should bring it up with the lawmakers, not attack people in the field who are doing something legal because an individual sets himself up as the judge of what is "wrong".
I'm not advocating attacking someone for using a crossbow. I'm not going to go out of my way to bash someone, but I don't support it either. I don't think my ideals are better than someone else's but I'm not going to abandon my ideals based on someone else's opinions either.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't feel that is even close to being the biggest question that remains in the hunting world.
I'm all ears?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

"I don't care if it's legal or not. Right/wrong are completely different than legal/illegal, they don't correlate directly with one another. It's up to each of us to decide what's right or wrong."

Ever see one of those videos where people harass hunters, or even fisherman?  They don't care that it's legal.  They see it as wrong.

Edited by Grouse
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Hunters are allowed to voice their opinion like anyone else.  Only thing I would say is if it's currently legal other hunters shouldn't bag on the method or what a hunter takes that he/she is happy with.  But this doesn't mean a person needs to support a change blindly so that we all get along. It's just not gonna happen. 

Most often hunters here are quick to congratulate another hunter whether they take a doe, small or a big buck or if they took it with a bow, xbow or a rifle as long as it's legal.  

Most people are going to support what is best for them, just let's not restrict the opportunities for others when we do it. But no one should have to fall in line because of anti hunters.  

Should all hunters then tow the line? Like turkey and deer hunters?  Okay then let's see if Bill agrees with getting rid of the fall turkey season cause deer hunters want the woods to themselves.  There's more deer hunters than turkey hunters so I guess they will just have to agree.  Now I am not supporting this idea ..just making an example.  And Bill you would be the first to rightly stomp your feet on this one. 

Rob- Where have you been??

  The Fall Turkey Season in Zones 3 + 4 have " already"  been Slashed by a full 4 Weeks back in the Summer of 2015.

Link to post
Share on other sites
"I don't care if it's legal or not. Right/wrong are completely different than legal/illegal, they don't correlate directly with one another. It's up to each of us to decide what's right or wrong."
Ever see one of those videos where people harass hunters, or even fisherman?  They don't care that it's legal.  They see it as wrong.
And that's their right to their opinion. And again, I hope they wouldn't go out of their way to harass someone for it but simply not supporting it is their right.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Rob- Where have you been??

  The Fall Turkey Season in Zones 3 + 4 have " already"  been Slashed by a full 4 Weeks back in the Summer of 2015.

Yes I already know that. But what I was saying is we have to stand up for what we believe in and not just get along for the sake of antihunters.  And I am sure you voiced your opinion on that when it happened as you should have.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Regardless of what worldly issues we solve on this thread, I think the biggest question still remains. Why is the guy that has no interest in deer hunting suddenly the biggest crusader of crossbows for deer?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
 

If you read more carefully my writings in the past- you would know bud..

  Obviously,I  am interested in an " Opening Day"- an Opening day that would include Crossbows on the Early Archery Opener of October  1st.

  Since the now 2 Week Fall Turkey Season has been pushed back from October 1st to October  20th- I will have time to enjoy a new discipline  on a Opening Day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
If you read more carefully my writings in the past- you would know bud..
  Obviously,I  am interested in an " Opening Day"- an Opening day that would include Crossbows on the Early Archery Opener of October  1st.
  Since the now 2 Week Fall Turkey Season has been pushed back from October 1st to October  20th- I will have time to enjoy a new discipline  on a Opening Day.
How come your interest starts and ends with crossbows? I also found where you said that you would have no interest in does, but would shoot a small legal buck, curious to that also?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites

e makes some good points but the trapping and hunting is oranges and almonds...  Completely different species.... People stopped trapping cause of the fur market not cause they quit cause there were arguments amongst trappers. I myself who loved trapping but hated skinning them was not skinnning another muskrat for 2$ or mink for 12$......

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chrisw said:

How come your interest starts and ends with crossbows? I also found where you said that you would have no interest in does, but would shoot a small legal buck, curious to that also?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
 

bud- I don't  have to explain anything personal to you...

  And next time you get a Spring Tom- Smile more.

  The slightly angry poker face doesn't  cut it...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I agree, it was an example as I stated, that we shouldn't tow the line so that "we get along" for the antihunters. 

But I would disagree a little.  Laws also need to reflect the will and want of the people.  It's more effective for game management that everyone hunts with a rifle but I don't want them to do away with a bow or muzzleloader season.

The will and want of the people would be counter productive as hunters are a minority , hunting fishing trapping would end as majority would rule. 

Using science there are less hunters so to control numbers more need to be taken, putting more hunters in an warmer season to take game is the proper management to do.  If it doenst happen you will eventually see rifle or bait and shoot by select individuals .  A stick propelled by a string is archery, and it belongs in same season as range is same , kills the same ( hemmoraging)  and should have a course required to use it that pertains to methodology  and shot placement in using one.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
bud- I don't  have to explain anything personal to you...
  And next time you get a Spring Tom- Smile more.
  The slightly angry poker face doesn't  cut it...
 
You started a thread and now don't want to answer simple questions with no right or wrong answer? How is that a personal question? And if it's so personal then why did you bring it up in the other thread? Typical for a person who doesn't know where he actually stands.
I don't care what you think of my spring turkey pic? The fact that you looked it up again or imprinted it in your mind is strange but whatever gets your blood flowing Bill.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...