Where To Start In The Hunt For A Covid Shot?

Lawdwaz

28 minutes ago, Daveboone said:

I would start by calling your family doc. He will be able to steer you toward your counties sources. At this time it is likely you will have an appt for at least a couple weeks down the road, and they will schedule your 2nd shot at the time of your first. 

By chance are you a veteran? if so you can call the VA for an appt.

Not a vet....

5 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

I just called them.  Other than the incredibly poor phone connection (due to the person on the other end using a "Green Acres" type phone system) 

Young members wont get that reference, having to climb the pole was great.

I thought Mr Haney made the show. Favorite of mine watching channel 29 from grand island.

On topic, took a bunch of attempts, SIL got dad in at CVS finally.

• Haha 1

Not sure where u live or if I’m just lucky .. my neighbors have been trying for a month or more and finally got an appointment in Binghamton ..

We live in Cayuga County near Auburn 

I called our town clerk last Friday . She took our names .. got a call on Tuesday saying we can get the shot Friday ..

So my wife got hers Friday , I declined mine so we both didn’t get it the same day ( Moderna) and then Thursday morning I got online to see about the J and J one and got an appointment for tonight !

I didn’t have any issues at all

1 hour ago, Dinsdale said:

I thought Mr Haney made the show. Favorite of mine watching channel 29 from grand island.

That should be the qualifier ... name three characters on Green Acres and you get the shot.

Name the three daughters on Petticoat Junction and you get the shingles shot.

• Haha 2

I haven't given it much effort yet but know it's the right thing to do so, what the best way to source a covid shot?  I've looked at the NYS website some this morning.  Is that the only way to get one?
(I have a letter from my doctor saying I qualify but am under 65 years old)

Honestly the state website is best if you check it a few times a day you will get a appointment within a few days. My wife got almost my entire family appointments that way. Parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles...

If you need help shoot me a PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, left field said:

That should be the qualifier ... name three characters on Green Acres and you get the shot.

Name the three daughters on Petticoat Junction and you get the shingles shot.

Like the bridge scene in Monty Pythons Holy Grail. Answer 3 questions to cross the bridge, or be cast into the flaming gorge of hell.

Same guy came up with Beverly Hillbillies(and the theme song) Petticoat Junction, and Green Acres.

Genius.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dinsdale said:

I knew you'd be paying attention and get the reference....... :)

I qualified through work, however local health network, county public health all directed me to the state site. The state site was a major PIA, however I was awake late one night as they posted single appointments and they were quickly taken up almost as soon as posted. I assume they were cancellations as they were singles.

I kept refreshing and was able to reserve a appointment within two days, it was two hours drive but I felt worth it....it feels almost like winning the lottery when your able to get one....

Best of luck.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

Not to de-rail this thread but, of the guys that have gotten the shot, did you have any reactions?  I heard a lot of people who have had covid and got the shot reacted bad especially after the 2nd dose? 

Had my first shot this past Friday .... (Pfizer) no reactions !

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 2012_taco said:

Not to de-rail this thread but, of the guys that have gotten the shot, did you have any reactions?  I heard a lot of people who have had covid and got the shot reacted bad especially after the 2nd dose? 

When I got the second one , it made tired and I felt like I had the flu.  

• Like 1

I'm scheduled for 3-21 (Sunday) in Buffalo, and yesterday I get an email from Roswell that I'm eligible for the vaccine there. So I checked and got an appointment for 3-12 , so I'll cancel the later shot. I wish they would tell you which vaccine you'll get, I would love to hold out for the J&J vaccine but there's no guarantee which drug you'll get.

• Like 1

My wife signed  up on Chemung County health dept on Saturday  for notification. Had an e mail last night  at 6 pm.  She signed  me up in under 5 minutes. Got my first choice time  for afternoon  on Thursday  . It  be a  phiezer shot . And its 5 miles from my house .

Edited by Nytracker
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bigfoot 327 said:

Cuomo announced this afternoon that the vaccine eligibility age will be lowered to 60 starting tomorrow March 10th. Go get 'em!

Yea.......that'll just make it harder for others to get on board.