Where To Start In The Hunt For A Covid Shot?

Lawdwaz

I got my appointment today for April 30th at University of Buffalo.   It SAID I was signing up for the 29th but when it was all done it said “see you on the 30th”!!

WTH.....that could hamper my shouldering the SBE 3.5” canon on a big tom on May 1st

• Like 2

I got my appointment today for April 30th at University of Buffalo.   It SAID I was signing up for the 29th but when it was all done it said “see you on the 30th”!!

WTH.....that could hamper my shouldering the SBE 3.5” canon on a big tom on May 1st

Use a bow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There is no centralized location to schedule shots which is really messed up.  You have the state government site.  Then you have the individual pharmacies.  You have to contact them separately.  I went through Walgreens for my parents.  Had to check over 10 Walgreens till I found one for my mother.  Then check a few more till I found one for my father.  Wegman's I hear is also providing shots.  You won't find their availability on the nys.gov site.  You have to go to Wegman's site for their status.  Same as Walgreens, CVS, or the local hospitals.  None of them are working together on this.  It's chaotic.  Sorry I can't help much because almost all the resources I checked were specific to NYC.  I hear the Johnson and Johnson one is only 70% effective in case that changes your mind.

On 3/9/2021 at 9:23 PM, Lawdwaz said:

At this point I don't believe you get a choice?

You do get a choice.  Based on where you get the appointment at.  They tell you what shot is given at a location so if you prefer one brand over the another, then don't make appointments for sites that are giving the shots you don't want.

You do if you make the appointment at javits... there is a day and a night block.... all the after 8pm shots are j and j

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@lawdwaz let's take a ride to the big Apple! We can see Hamilton, Yankees and Mets, maybe scalp for a Knicks playoff game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

Once you've confirmed eligibility via the State's site, they provide a list of venues. Of course, these are generally filled by the time they're posted. But - there is a cancellation hotline that several friends of mine have used to get appointments within a day or two locally. I highly recommend trying this option. 

As for side effects, acute reactions include general myalgia and fatigue. This is likely an effect of the delivery system rather than the working pieces of the vaccine, and as such we can be reasonably certain that there are no notable long-term consequences. This cannot be said for the disease itself, no matter how mild the symptoms. It simply hasn't been around for more than a year. But given the complications that are emerging in that first year, I suspect that the long term consequences are going to be more like rheumatic fever and less like the flu. I wish I had more solid evidence to present, but "datas are datas" as we say in lab.

7 minutes ago, Grouse said:

It's amazing how many hoops people will jump through when they are controlled by fear.  This cannot be good for the future of our society.

Or how people have the grit to follow through with a decision THEY made.

Stop blaming other people.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grouse said:

It's amazing how many hoops people will jump through when they are controlled by fear.  This cannot be good for the future of our society.

I think you mistake fear with common sense followed by due diligence, my brother. Different choices don't equate to wrong choices. Stay frosty.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Grouse said:

people are making informed decisions on what is best for them same as you are.  If you decide not to get a shot dont - your choice- but dont down on people cause they make an effort to get one once they decided it was best for them.  Understand that people that get the shot could also look at you and say " Its amazing how one can ignore the science in front of them"  I have friends that get it, friends that dont.  Their choice- their life.  Neither are they sheep or ignorant for either choice. 

• Like 2

Just to see how easy it is to book an appt through CVS, I put in 65 years old and within 25 miles. Could get an appt in 3 days.

EDIT - i refreshed CVS and anyone over 60 could get one at CVS 14 miles away as early as tomorrow.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

6 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Just to see how easy it is to book an appt through CVS, I put in 65 years old and within 25 miles. Could get an appt in 3 days.

Not here bro . 
Sometime when I can basically walk in , or it’s needed for air travel , MLB games I’ll get it , as of now the daily checking isn’t worth my time .

6A3DFB0E-3CDE-4041-AA18-16FE38E92B9D.png