Where To Start In The Hunt For A Covid Shot?

Lawdwaz

21 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Not here bro . 
Sometime when I can basically walk in , or it’s needed for air travel , MLB games I’ll get it , as of now the daily checking isn’t worth my time .

6A3DFB0E-3CDE-4041-AA18-16FE38E92B9D.png

yea, maybe less CVS there or less vaccines? I'm not getting it. I declined it already. maybe in a few years if still relevant or as you mentioned i need it to fly. I was just trying to help the people who cant find it easily.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

yea, maybe less CVS there or less vaccines? I'm not getting it. I declined it already. maybe in a few years if still relevant or as you mentioned i need it to fly. I was just trying to help the people who cant find it easily.

System is wacky.  Like @diplomat019told me.  One day I check, no appointments.  Next day I check, appointments available.  Check again, no more appointments.  It's the Wheel of Fortune.  Every time you check you're just spinning the wheel again.

1 hour ago, Elmo said:

System is wacky.  Like @diplomat019told me.  One day I check, no appointments.  Next day I check, appointments available.  Check again, no more appointments.  It's the Wheel of Fortune.  Every time you check you're just spinning the wheel again.

I believe it's because some people have book multiple appoints in hopes of finding closer or sooner appointments then cancelling the ones they don't want.

One upstate county was booked full and about half of those booked were over a 4 hours drive away and many failed to cancel or show. This sent the local health dept. into a scramble to utilize the thawed vaccine.... 

I believe it's because some people have book multiple appoints in hopes of finding closer or sooner appointments then cancelling the ones they don't want.
One upstate county was booked full and about half of those booked were over a 4 hours drive away and many failed to cancel or show. This sent the local health dept. into a scramble to utilize the thawed vaccine.... 

I think an 8th grader could create a website where you enter your SS# to book your appt and can't do it twice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I think an 8th grader could create a website where you enter your SS# to book your appt and can't do it twice

Bingo.  Or a centralized site that would search all the locations that offer shots.  Sort of the "hotels.com" of vaccine shots.

My wife and I both got our 1st dose of the Pfizer vaccine. We both had appointments scheduled through NYS website for 3-18 and 3-21 but I got an email from Roswell on Tuesday and I was able to get in for the shot yesterday. Then Wednesday I got an email from Erie county and I was able to get her in at ECC on Thursday. We cancelled the previous appointments after we both got our shots. It seems that in the last week shot availability has opened up a lot. It's probably a combination of people like myself that are cancelling appointments due to getting a closer date elsewhere, more vaccine being shipped, and the number of people who qualify for the shot and are declining it. 

As for side effects, my wife had a fever yesterday, body aches, upset stomach, and fatigue. Pretty much flu like symptoms as they said she might. She's still sleeping so I don't know if she feels any better today. It's supposed to last 24 hours, we'll see? Myself just a sore arm so far, we'll see what today brings.

Here in Florida many of the pharmacies (including most Walmarts) advertise "appointment only". However, if you ask they have wait lists for people willing to show up on short notice. Vaccines thawed out and not used must be trashed (depends upon which vaccine) so they cover appointment no shows with the wait list.

I saw an article a while back (forget where ) that suggested hiring a college kid to find an appointment for you or anybody .... the idea being they live on computers and its like a Game to them !

I think that's the idea behind that google doc link I posted. A bunch of volunteers pounding the pavement looking for openings for you

• Like 1

You do get a choice.  Based on where you get the appointment at.  They tell you what shot is given at a location so if you prefer one brand over the another, then don't make appointments for sites that are giving the shots you don't want.
You kinda do....my father in law was booked and Walgreens and it was a Pfizer shot....he went for the appointment and they told him they didn't get Pfizer he is now getting Moderna and can't take the second appointment he already booked and needs to wait to see when they can schedule his second. So now he is in the lurch waiting to see when he can get a second dose.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

On 3/12/2021 at 9:47 PM, The_Real_TCIII said:

Believe me, I've been super frustrated as the state and counties all HAVE plans in place since post 9/11 for safe, and equitable distribution of medications in mass. These plans we designed with every possible detail taken into consideration and practiced numerous times since drafted by county health and emergency personnel assigned.

The state and governor (king) wholly disregard these plans and created state run PODS (points of dispensing). This created people double booking appointments, people driving hours out of their county to secure vaccines, and people spending countless hours online securing appointments and those not "tech" friendly were left out...

Burns my blood......

• Like 2

Big News Fellas..............This time tomorrow I'll be half way to being a fully vaccinated lugnut.  

A hearty thank you to phade for the heads up text message tonight to let me know Livingston County had some openings for tomorrow.  I logged on and sure enough I got in. 

A full and uncensored report will be filed when time permits.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Lawdwaz said:

Big News Fellas..............This time tomorrow I'll be half way to being a fully vaccinated lugnut.  

A hearty thank you to phade for the heads up text message tonight to let me know Livingston County had some openings for tomorrow.  I logged on and sure enough I got in. 

Edit to add: I will cancel my April 30th appointment after I get this one tomorrow.

Congrats! Does this mean I can sleepover again?

• Like 1

On 3/12/2021 at 9:50 PM, Elmo said:

Bingo.  Or a centralized site that would search all the locations that offer shots.  Sort of the "hotels.com" of vaccine shots.

:clapping:PLEASE STOP USING HOTELS.COM, EXPEDIA, PRICELINE, ETC!!!!!!!  THEY UP TO 20% OF THE ROOM RATE FROM THEN HOTEL.  PLEASE BOOK ON THE HOTELS WEBSITE!!!   THANK YOU!!

But, good comparison on how it works, it would be a good idea if the levels of government were actually coordinated.  And not just on Covid Vaccinations......

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Otto said:

:clapping:PLEASE STOP USING HOTELS.COM, EXPEDIA, PRICELINE, ETC!!!!!!!  THEY UP TO 20% OF THE ROOM RATE FROM THEN HOTEL.  PLEASE BOOK ON THE HOTELS WEBSITE!!!   THANK YOU!!

But, good comparison on how it works, it would be a good idea if the levels of government were actually coordinated.  And not just on Covid Vaccinations......

My wife and I found out the same thing when we used ( 2 years ago) to Book cruises on the cruise lines , better to book with the Cruise Line itself !

AirBnB!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As promised, my follow up report..........I'm doing fine, thank you.  Waited in line for 45 minutes (like cattle going to slaughter) in the Livingston County Department of Health building up on the hill!  So I'm the next to go in to meet & greet with the nurses and I joked with the lady "hey, you should have a map on the wall and the pin cushions (me and all others lined up) could mark on the map how far they came for the shot today".  She said, "oh this is just for Livingston County residents".  Well I guess somehow the signals got crossed and a stray from Erie County made it in...... :)

So I was there for an hour and gone 4 hours from work and in 4 weeks I can do it all over again. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

She said, "oh this is just for Livingston County residents".  Well I guess somehow the signals got crossed and a stray from Erie County made it in...... :)

So I was there for an hour and gone 4 hours from work and in 4 weeks I can do it all over again. 

A local university has been hosting a vaccination center . We are so scarcely populated that there  are lots of openings.  There was just an article about medical tourism locally. People are traveling from all over the state .