2021 Sausage Extravaganza!

The_Real_TCIII

We were going to call it Sausage Fest but we quickly received a cease and desist letter from @moog5050. Apparently @Biz-R-OWorld retained him because thats the trademarked name for his vacations with his BOYZ.

We made up about 35lbs of Polish, Italian, and a blend that @2012_taco brought. We cooked up patties as we went to make sure we liked the taste, they were all pretty good. Looking forward to putting some in the smoker this weekend. @dinorocks stopped by with his brother. Too many beers were drank. @Jeremy K is dragging anchor at work today. @TreeGuy is fine because he stiffed us. As is @Lawdwaz. Not a bad little Wednesday!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Arcade Hunter said:

Looks good!  I have everything to make 20 LBS of Italian except for the casings... Not sure what kind to get and where to buy?  Open for suggestions.  In the past I have always packaged it bulk but I want to make links this time around

Tim was on stuffer duty because of his pror experience and it showed . He would be the guy to talk to. He made it look easy.

2 minutes ago, Arcade Hunter said:

Looks good!  I have everything to make 20 LBS of Italian except for the casings... Not sure what kind to get and where to buy?  Open for suggestions.  In the past I have always packaged it bulk but I want to make links this time around

I have an unopened package of casings you are welcome to, theyll go bad before I do this again

A lot of lessons learned, we'll do better next time! If we can get a couple more guys we could really make a bunch of different varieties and share them with each other. And maybe we should do it on a Saturday afternoon so we can get more done and still have a little beverage time w/o staying up so late! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bolt action said:

The sausage looks good! How careful were you with adding fat?

Some of the sausage was just a 2/3 gr. venison mixed with 1/3 ground pork. and some we ground up venison and pork butt together at a 2 to 1 ratio of venison to pork. I think it goes better grinding both pork and venison at the same time, it just mixes better. Also, next time we should use a larger mixing bowl and do a little smaller batches as it's easier to mix.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

Some of the sausage was just a 2/3 gr. venison mixed with 1/3 ground pork. and some we ground up venison and pork butt together at a 2 to 1 ratio of venison to pork. I think it goes better grinding both pork and venison at the same time, it just mixes better. Also, next time we should use a larger mixing bowl and do a little smaller batches as it's easier to mix.

I kind of like mine mixed 50/50 venison to pork butt and Ill grind everything staggered, , chunk of venison, then a chunk of pork etc... defiantly mixes better.  once everything in ground, Ill lay the meat out on a plastic tablecloth and spread it way out so its a thin layer, then sprinkle the spices evenly over the meat, then mix.  Seems to come out well mixed.  Beer drinking is a must also or the sausage just doesn't turn out right..!  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

It's been a while since I attended a math class but aren't those the same ratios? lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arcade Hunter said:

Price chopper in this area carries casings from the "Syracuse casing company".  They are packed in salt.  Just need to run some warm water in them and soak for a few minutes.  I've always liked how they come out.  Usually one container I can make 30+ pounds of sausage.  They run 6-7 bucks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arcade Hunter said:

I kind of like mine mixed 50/50 venison to pork butt and Ill grind everything staggered, , chunk of venison, then a chunk of pork etc... defiantly mixes better.  once everything in ground, Ill lay the meat out on a plastic tablecloth and spread it way out so its a thin layer, then sprinkle the spices evenly over the meat, then mix.  Seems to come out well mixed.  Beer drinking is a must also or the sausage just doesn't turn out right..!  

Like this idea. Gonna give it a try next time. Not the beer idea that is a long time tradition already! Thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

We were going to call it Sausage Fest but we quickly received a cease and desist letter from @moog5050. Apparently @Biz-R-OWorld retained him because thats the trademarked name for his vacations with his BOYZ.

We made up about 35lbs of Polish, Italian, and a blend that @2012_taco brought. We cooked up patties as we went to make sure we liked the taste, they were all pretty good. Looking forward to putting some in the smoker this weekend. @dinorocks stopped by with his brother. Too many beers were drank. @Jeremy K is dragging anchor at work today. @TreeGuy is fine because he stiffed us. As is @Lawdwaz. Not a bad little Wednesday!

To be clear, you are also to cease and desist from mentioning me in any thread that is titled sausage extravaganza, sausage fest or the like.  Should you persist, I have been authorized by myself to commence legal action.   Let your actions be guided accordingly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If you guys are making that much i would recommend getting a stuffer and mixer. That's what some friends and I did so we shared the cost for those items. It makes life a lot easier,i could not have made 55# of cased sausage by myself in a day without those two items.