Gun Control Bill Headed To The Senate

53 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I WILL NOT COMPLY!

you won't have a choice on this one. I haven't read the actual text but I think it only extends the wait period for the "no response/issue the gun" from 3 days to 10 days. You can still get the gun right way if the al clear is given  but if you refuse to provide the ss# and have a name like James Smith, you may be waiting 10 days. 

22 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

That's in one of the bills?

Not sure if it is in the ones just passed in the house but there is a bill where you would need to have a minimum of 1 mill in liability to buy a firearm.   And a firearm license.  Again,  not sure if those are in the bills that just passed the house or not

22 minutes ago, boo711 said:

Not sure if it is in the ones just passed in the house but there is a bill where you would need to have a minimum of 1 mill in liability to buy a firearm.   And a firearm license.  Again,  not sure if those are in the bills that just passed the house or not

As far as I know it's not. But I believe there is a bill in the state assembly for that very thing. 

26 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I don't believe it's in the one that passed either Jerry but I am certain it is in one of the many that are queued up. 

Agreed. I fully expect that. I was also going to say I expect an assault weapon ban any day now - but Nomad's post above beat me to it.

2 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Agreed. I fully expect that. I was also going to say I expect an assault weapon ban any day now - but Nomad's post above beat me to it.

Ya and one of the banned ones is a survival rifle , with a .22 over a 410 . For compactness in airplanes ( think bush pilots and Air Force )  the stock “ folds . “ it’s literally got a hinge and folds against the action ,and barrel .

Thats an Assault rifle ! 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, SportsmanNH said:

I can see that the Supreme Court is going to be a very busy place at least for the next 2 years. 

I believe this is just a "test the waters" bill step one. If this one  makes it through with little or no resistance, or is a close vote in the senate the barrage will begin. They have found out they can do pretty much what they want. If they are able to set precedence there isn't much the supreme court can do to stop them.

Besides that they; will probably "be packing" the supreme court as they have been threatening right along. I believe Biden has had a committee/panel in place investigating the feasibility of such a action since day one.

I am afraid the the worst is yet to come. We have already seen what they are capable of and the more they achieve the more they will go after.

The gun laws have been written over a period  of time and have been laying on desks or flash drives just waiting to be jammed down our throats.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve D said:

I believe this is just a "test the waters" bill step one. If this one  makes it through with little or no resistance, or is a close vote in the senate the barrage will begin. They have found out they can do pretty much what they want. If they are able to set precedence there isn't much the supreme court can do to stop them.

Besides that they; will probably "be packing" the supreme court as they have been threatening right along. I believe Biden has had a committee/panel in place investigating the feasibility of such a action since day one.

I am afraid the the worst is yet to come. We have already seen what they are capable of and the more they achieve the more they will go after.

The gun laws have been written over a period  of time and have been laying on desks or flash drives just waiting to be jammed down our throats.

The problem the Demorats have though is even if they pass these sham bills , they are unconstitutional infringing on the peoples civil rights . The Supreme Court decisions is what sets precedence when it comes to constitutional law. Not the sham congress bills they might pass . All  laws that violate the constitution are challenged at the Supreme Court. Thats what the Supreme Court is for . Checks and balances . They are the ultimate decision . I dont trust Roberts , but he is only one Judge . There are 5 other conservatives on the court.   As far as trying to pack the court to pass all their bullshit laws ,the last poll count I saw was that 78 percent of the people were against it. If they try to do that then 2022 will be the ultimate landslide that throws the Demorats out in both houses and a landslide for the Presidency in 2024. Even the moderate Democrats dont want to see that.

Going back to passing these gun control laws , I dont think they can get past the Senate if the filibuster where the dems need 60 votes to pass the bill . Thats what happened to the gun control bills when Obama was president and had the majority on both houses. 

Edited by SportsmanNH

3 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Things have to get there first. Could take years and years. I could be dead by then.

Dont worry Jerry . You will be here for sure !    I believe the gun control bills cannot go into affect if it is immediately challenged as unconstitutional. And they will be immediately challenged

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SportsmanNH said:

Going back to passing these gun control laws , I dont think they can get past the Senate if the filibuster where the dems need 60 votes to pass the bill . Thats what happened to the gun control bills when Obama was president and had the majority on both houses. 

While I hope you are right I have my doubts. One of my concerns is even if they can't get it done @ the federal level they will push it in the states. I guess we will just have to wait and see, and enjoy the privileges we currently have.

5 hours ago, Steve D said:

I guess we will just have to wait and see, and enjoy the privileges we currently have.

They're RIGHTS, not privileges!  And I for one will not allow them to be unconstitutionally taken from me by any law that is legally void because it violates the 2nd Amendment and my constitutional rights.

I WILL NOT COMPLY!

The founders would have been shooting by now.  Too many gun owners today are letting this stuff happen without a fight.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

I WILL NOT COMPLY!

You know, when the safe act passed, I was saying that myself but only for a very short time. The reality was that non-compliance could bring a felony weapons charge, stripping me of my right to even own any guns, remove my ability to rifle hunt, possibly throw me in jail and cause financial ruin. I took the $20 pistol grip of my gun (took the featureless route with that one) and fell into line. Does that make me a sheep?

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

The founders would have been shooting by now.  Too many gun owners today are letting this stuff happen without a fight.

What are you actually suggesting here?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Grouse said:

They're RIGHTS, not privileges!  And I for one will not allow them to be unconstitutionally taken from me by any law that is legally void because it violates the 2nd Amendment and my constitutional rights.

I WILL NOT COMPLY!

I tend to agree and and will resist any attempts to remove or restrict my rights. Each person has their own line they don't want crossed and I for one, along with many others have made our stance by not complying with at least one of the "safe act" requirements which could get me in some really deep cow manure.

For the most part I try to stay legal especially when carrying simply because I don't want to get a ticket, fined, or lose my permit.

You are are correct about the gunowners. The gunowners of NY could have easily defeated Cuomo a couple of elections ago and did not step up. Either they did not vote or voted for Cuomo.

I have no confidence in my "fellow" gunowners to band together in an effort overturn or repeal some of the future restrictions and have less confidence in some of the organizations claiming to be defending our rights.

Other movements on the other hand may be the path forward: 'Black Guns Matter' teaches Black Americans how to use firearms (businessinsider.com)

blackgun.jpg

Edited by Steve D
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

You know, when the safe act passed, I was saying that myself but only for a very short time. The reality was that non-compliance could bring a felony weapons charge, stripping me of my right to even own any guns, remove my ability to rifle hunt, possibly throw me in jail and cause financial ruin. I took the $20 pistol grip of my gun (took the featureless route with that one) and fell into line. Does that make me a sheep?

What are you actually suggesting here?

Making your rifle compliant makes you a gun owner who complied under duress.  I don't believe it is constitutional to force people to do anything under duress.  And many people won't.

I suggest NOBODY who wants to retain their rights EVER vote for ANY Democrat.  I take it a step further.  I refuse to associate with, or even be kind to, anyone that tells me they voted for Democrats and refuses to see the error of their ways when I explain this issue to them.  They are the problem and that is where we need to start fighting this idiocy.  Start drawing the line in the sand and start defending your rights. 

As far as the rest of the non-compliance goes, you need to decide if you want to live on your knees or fight standing up.  Every man must decide for himself how much he is willing to tolerate and how much he's willing to lose.  The founders risked their lives for freedom and many lost.  Ever read up on what happened to the signers of the Declaration of Independence?  That was the price of freedom.

On 3/13/2021 at 1:09 AM, Grouse said:

I WILL NOT COMPLY!

20 hours ago, Grouse said:

Making your rifle compliant makes you a gun owner who complied under duress.  I don't believe it is constitutional to force people to do anything under duress.  And many people won't.

I suggest NOBODY who wants to retain their rights EVER vote for ANY Democrat.  I take it a step further.  I refuse to associate with, or even be kind to, anyone that tells me they voted for Democrats and refuses to see the error of their ways when I explain this issue to them.  They are the problem and that is where we need to start fighting this idiocy.  Start drawing the line in the sand and start defending your rights. 

As far as the rest of the non-compliance goes, you need to decide if you want to live on your knees or fight standing up.  Every man must decide for himself how much he is willing to tolerate and how much he's willing to lose.  The founders risked their lives for freedom and many lost.  Ever read up on what happened to the signers of the Declaration of Independence?  That was the price of freedom.

You sound just like a bunch of other people who liked to type. Years ago there was this little thing about Islambergh, a few folks stated if we didn't go and support this rally we were this or that. Ya know who showed up for that rally? NO ONE! Not one of those shit talkers did a damn thing. Bunch of Billy Badasses on a computer, when it came time to nut up or shut up, they chose to shut up. Some of them would drive by protests in cars taking pictures from a ways away and then report lies about how things really went down. Or posted lies from FaceBook about how things really went down.

You talk a tough game, and I doubt you'd back any of it up with action. Especially if you have a family with very young kids. The reason most people aren't going to grab a firearm and go start a revolution is because they fear repercussions on what will happen to those kids, which is being selfless, and in many ways the right way of thinking.

If push comes to shove gun owners will do what they must, but most aren't going to start a war, because of not only a risk of them and their families being killed, but because it would be classified as treason and that's one crime most people seriously don't want to commit.

Too many people seem to think taking another human life will be easy, you know who else thinks like that? Mass shooters and terrorists. Think about that.

You'll have some snarky comeback about me being a sheep or whatever, or supporting the left, which doesn't bother me coming from anyone who spews bile and like a hissing snake but has no bite. I'm not an extremist and I can live with that.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I actually have plans to go outside and do something besides being an armchair outdoorsman. Good day to you!

You have no idea who I am.  Don't doubt me.  I'm 65, not married, kids are grown and a life sentence or death doesn't scare me anymore at this age, especially if I'm forced to defend myself from a lethal attack by government thugs violating my rights.  Ever heard of Randy Weaver of Ruby Ridge, ID? 

The government controls people and removes their rights by making them fear losing what they possess.  Nothing I possess means as much to me as my freedom and I'm turning a lot of possessions over to family in anticipation of what may come.  If you believe I don't have a nasty bite, it isn't the only thing you're wrong about.

Not that it matters to me.  I expect nothing of fortitude from others, and I'm seldom wrong.  I find most to be completely insignificant and useless when it matters.