Gun Control Bill Headed To The Senate

1 minute ago, Steve D said:

I believe the only way to address the issue of gun violence is to address the cause.

Lets face it the majority of crimes/shootings are not committed by legal law abiding gun owners. 

The emphasis should be on finding the source of the guns being used and how they are obtained. Not sure how the focus can be changed but the most logical choice would be from gunowners themselves.

If the focus remains on the gun we will remain in jeopardy of losing them.  Until the individual(s) committing the crimes are held accountable there will be more and more pressure to remove ownership.

Politicians don't have a clue what the issues are and until they are willing to face the music we will be at their mercy. I would hope organizations like the NRA would take that approach but they seem to be more interested in stopping laws to restrict our rights which is not being very successful.

We as a society need to address the issues by getting the message out or we are doomed.

It is a real tough nut to crack. Generally wackos do the mass shooting,sometimes with illegal guns even. How do you stop that? There is no easy answer and the gun right folks would do much better trying tryingt come up with some solution or approach to it. 

It certainly does not help to have as many guns in circulation as there are in this country,but i think Canada is not too far behind in per capita guns but they have a lot less mass shootings.

Well I don't know about the rest of you but I have had enough. It seem that our favorite senator is all ready pushing his crap again:

Schumer vows Senate will take on gun control measures

Majority Leader pledges debate on gun background checks after Boulder mass shooting

I for one have sent him him a nasty e-mail explaining my concerns and will continue to do so.

I have also sent one to Gillibrand who is the other leading senator for the state. While she has not introduced any bills as of late she has recently cosigned  introduced legislation for other lawmakers across the country.

It might be a futile effort but if enough of us step up we may be able to make a difference. Anyone needing assistance on how to contact or find out who your representatives are let me know.

I will do my best to steer you in the right direction.

Well I don't know about the rest of you but I have had enough. It seem that our favorite senator is all ready pushing his crap again:

Schumer vows Senate will take on gun control measures

Majority Leader pledges debate on gun background checks after Boulder mass shooting

I for one have sent him him a nasty e-mail explaining my concerns and will continue to do so.
I have also sent one to Gillibrand who is the other leading senator for the state. While she has not introduced any bills as of late she has recently cosigned  introduced legislation for other lawmakers across the country.
 It might be a futile effort but if enough of us step up we may be able to make a difference. Anyone needing assistance on how to contact or find out who your representatives are let me know.
I will do my best to steer you in the right direction.

Schumer just send generic reply’s back. Gillibrand usually writes back and isn’t afraid to voice her opinion. I’ve gone a few rounds with her about the safe act.
dbdd159c832d2b3aa6d395ed66c9d677.jpg
I just got this from chucky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With Colorado being a state with universal back ground checks, red flag laws, magazine capacity limit of 15 rounds this tragedy doesn’t fit the narratives they have already been pushing . So I would not be surprised if the Democrats try harder to push gun bans instead of dealing with the true issue which is mental health causing these mass shootings.

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH

1 hour ago, rachunter said:

Schumer just send generic reply’s back. Gillibrand usually writes back and isn’t afraid to voice her opinion. I’ve gone a few rounds with her about the safe act.

Yeah I have received Schumer's letters before but have not had Gillibrand reply as of yet. Sending out a few more at the local levels since our newly elected state senator is anti-gun also. Sending out as many as I can and will keep sending them.

Mine will probably be one of the first  they come to get but I'm not giving up the fight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

news said he  he  was born in Syria came he when he was a  young kid.  

Correct and from that picture he no where looks like a 21yr old. I am not anti immigration by any means being first generation myself whose parents legally immigrated here; but I am against fence hoppers or those who lied during KBama era to seek asylum from anywhere.

7 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I will say again and this thread to me proves it.  That the Republicans biggest blind spot is that they don't recognize that the culture is changing and we will soon be the minority voice.  That weather it is in the Constitution or not if more people want to see guns taken away then people will lose their guns . It's that simple whether we like it or not.  

With the larger population centers of cities in NY and California, cities like detroit etc.  , the citizens there can be decent people and just want the killings to stop anyway it can be. They aren't hunters, they don't understand the need for it and just see reports night after night of shootings.  To them us giving up our rights is giving up hunting rights and not to defend ourselves or protect the Constitution.  People are starting to be in more and more numbers of looking at it as a aged out document.  When we become the voting minority that is when it is lost.  

I can see more and more gun restrictions coming but most of us won't be alive to see confiscations.  But it will go there one day as society and culture are changing.  And we don't like it and we scream about it but we are all becoming the old men on the on the porch.  Sometimes the will of the people isn't what we want it to be. And we say it's cause we aren't voting in the right people. I think it is more our votes are getting outvoted for whom we consider the right people.  

I agree with you for the most part, but now that more of the city folk have seen that they cannot depend on the police for protection when they needed it, they have a different view of firearms and their need for being the protector of their families lives now, hence the 1,000% increase of firearms purchases and pistol permit applications in NY state.

One negative of the mass exodus of the city folks moving into the upstate communities, is a lot of city folk will vote like a city slicker in matters that they have no clue about, yet because they know what's better for you, better than you know what's better for you, upstate local elections are going to be crazy.

Our votes are being negated by politicians, with rich donors funding lobbyists and a like minded press to do their bidding.

I don't blame others for thinking Guns are bad, as all they see and hear from the press are negative news stories about evil firearms and the "White" racist men who use them to kill minorities every day of the week.

No political party can overcome those odd's and it's just a matter of time before anyone with a gun beside an LE officer will be seen as a radical nut job.

We have heavily armed guards and a fence toped with razor wire around the capitol buildings.

Who thought that would ever happen ?

This world is nuts and despite what the politicians say, I'll be clinging to my rifle and using a bible to give me guidance, as that's the way my family has survived for six generations in this state.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I asked what would be a suggestion for me to do. I didn't ask anything about you or your plans. It's a serious question. If you think I'm trolling you, you're mistaken. You keep sidestepping my question - 3X now.

I hear you about not keeping it in the home but I'll ask again, in my hypothetical situation, what's my next move to fight tyranny?

Jerry, if they are knocking on your door, you have already lost.  Give up.  You are no use to anyone in the fight anymore.  Asking for more info right now makes you a little too inquisitive.  I'm not sidestepping your questions, I'm ignoring them.  I just find it ludicrous you expect answers on an internet forum.  I don't know you, so cannot trust you.  These are things that need to be discussed face to face with people that are known and can be trusted.  The fact you even ask these questions tells me you are not informed, have not been in the fight at all, nor minimally prepared to fight anything.  Things needed to be done by you years ago when this crap started revealing itself to gun owners. 

My suggestion for you is to do whatever the government tells you to do, because you won't be able to do anything else.  Like many others, your awareness has arrived far too late.  You should have been asking questions a long time ago.  I cannot offer you any other suggestion.

It is a real tough nut to crack. Generally wackos do the mass shooting,sometimes with illegal guns even. How do you stop that? There is no easy answer and the gun right folks would do much better trying tryingt come up with some solution or approach to it. 
It certainly does not help to have as many guns in circulation as there are in this country,but i think Canada is not too far behind in per capita guns but they have a lot less mass shootings.
And they will be having a lot less guns in one year. That is when the amnesty is up.

Additionally they do not have a 2nd amendment in their "constitution " so by Trudeau's executive order, there will be no more firearms allowed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Grouse said:

Jerry, if they are knocking on your door, you have already lost.  Give up.  You are no use to anyone in the fight anymore.  Asking for more info right now makes you a little too inquisitive.  I'm not sidestepping your questions, I'm ignoring them.  I just find it ludicrous you expect answers on an internet forum.  I don't know you, so cannot trust you.  These are things that need to be discussed face to face with people that are known and can be trusted.  The fact you even ask these questions tells me you are not informed, have not been in the fight at all, nor minimally prepared to fight anything.  Things needed to be done by you years ago when this crap started revealing itself to gun owners. 

My suggestion for you is to do whatever the government tells you to do, because you won't be able to do anything else.  Like many others, your awareness has arrived far too late.  You should have been asking questions a long time ago.  I cannot offer you any other suggestion.

You are an arrogant A-hole and not much more.  You constantly post BS on this site and think you know more than anyone else and this is your reply to a legitimate question from a respected forum member??  If you don't want to answer questions to what you've posted then maybe you shouldn't post this BS.  I would think this is easy enough for anyone to understand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Way to side step the questions yet again. Seems you like to ignore anyone who questions you and your facts. My best guess is as I've already said, keypad commando.

Trust? Who in their right mind would trust anyone like you? You've made it pretty clear you would most likely betray any/everyone as long as it suited your own personal agenda. You're the one who needs to think twice here. Remember this, when you make clear you only care about you, then no one is going to help you if you need it. Now go check the stock in your bunker, I think your getting low on beans with all the gas that comes out of you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No problem Grouse. Honestly though, that’s a lot of doublespeak. If you’re talking about a 1776 type action, you’ll find few who embrace those tactics. Some of those few are waiting for their trials for the capitol incident. I’ll continue to vote Republican, sign petitions, support 2A rights groups and follow the law. Call me a FUDD or whatever, but I won’t be taking up arms against the government. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Grouse said:

AE74F487-AAEF-44F6-BBC5-08295838E612.jpeg

• Haha 1

I don't know what the answer is but if  I was working in a gun store and some one like that  with that background walked in and the first gun he ever buys  is a AR red flags should have gone up right away .  Some , maybe you can't stop but come on  this one seems obvious . I don't know what the answer  is but just because some abuse a legal product should not make that product illegal for the rest of us you got people who get drunk get in a car and kill . But we don't ban cars or booz  do we . 

Btw media trumps these story's up .

350 million  people in usa probably same amount of guns  maybe 10 or 20 of these a year you have have better odds of winning  ny lotto  then getting shot by one of these nuts . 

Congress has to much free time on there hands looks like . They can't even stop all the shootings  in Chicago and guns are almost banned there .  And now nyc is getting just as bad  good luck buying a legal gun there .

Steve, Dirt, Diplomat, I pity you fools.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”

Samuel Adams

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Steve, Dirt, Diplomat, I pity you fools.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”

Samuel Adams

You are cointelpro sent here to make conservative gun owners look like unintelligent idiots.   Go back to your liberal handlers.  

I’ll save you with your liberal response..... “you do a good job looking like idiots on your own”.  

Edited by diplomat019
  • Like 1

Yeah right.  I would have to value your opinion to be insulted.  Most gun owners are about to see their delusions shattered.  It's a pity.

"The evils of tyranny are rarely seen but by him who resists it." —John Hay

Edited by Grouse

13 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

No problem Grouse. Honestly though, that’s a lot of doublespeak. If you’re talking about a 1776 type action, you’ll find few who embrace those tactics. Some of those few are waiting for their trials for the capitol incident. I’ll continue to vote Republican, sign petitions, support 2A rights groups and follow the law. Call me a FUDD or whatever, but I won’t be taking up arms against the government. 

It really is an individual choice how far somebody is willing to go in respect to opposing any confiscation, if it ever comes to that. Announcing your beliefs or plans on a public forum really ISN'T a good idea, especially if you are willing to make sacrifices many others won't. I think we all know what Grouse is saying, or have a pretty good idea. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, suburbanfarmer said:

Correct and from that picture he no where looks like a 21yr old. I am not anti immigration by any means being first generation myself whose parents legally immigrated here; but I am against fence hoppers or those who lied during KBama era to seek asylum from anywhere.

Did not even think about that who knows the real story with that guy .

Well actually we do know somethings about him  he posted on the internet  that he was  practicing muslim that hated trump . 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, diplomat019 said:

You are cointelpro sent here to make conservative gun owners look like unintelligent idiots.   Go back to your liberal handlers.  

I’ll save you with your liberal response..... “you do a good job looking like idiots on your own”.  

I really need to question this, as Grouse has been on here warning the public of how America's gun rights and freedoms have been and are being taken away and your calling him a Liberal ?

In all fairness, your not helping the argument about conservative gun owners being unintelligent idiots with the post quoted above.

Lets agree to disagree, because as responsible gun owners, we can't afford to be divided in these times.

Edited by Shoots100
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Shoots100 said:

I really need to question this, as Grouse has been on here warning the public of how America's gun rights and freedoms have been and are being taken away and your calling him a Liberal ?

In all fairness, your not helping the argument about conservative gun owners being unintelligent idiots with the post quoted above.

Lets agree to disagree, because as responsible gun owners, we can't afford to be divided in these times.

We can agree to disagree.  I stand by my statement.   He is not part of our cause as gun owners.   His leftist handlers send him here to be outlandish and cause issues.  Its a typical move of the left.  

• Haha 1