Found my long lost trailcam

Steuben Jerry

I lost track of a camera about a year and a half ago. It’s a Browning strike force 850 HD. I didn’t think anyone stole it, just thought I got forgetful. I looked for it when I went on card changing rounds, but I kind of gave up on it. 

Today we were burning some deadfall and limbs and out of the corner of my I eye I spotted a tiny glare under the leaves. Turned out to be my missing trail camera. It was about 95% covered up with leaves and twigs, and in a spot that I thought I left it at, just a couple of trees over from where I thought.

First photos were from Sept 29th, 2019. In early October ‘19 a small buck raked it off the tree and pawed it around for 10 minutes. Left it face up. In mid October a Opossum came back on three successive nights and covered it with leaves. A little more each night until it was covered up. Probably pissed on it too. 

I picked it up today and it took a photo of me. Freaking Browning cams and Duracells. Killer combo.

• Like 18

12 minutes ago, rob-c said:

That’s awesome that it still was taking pictures .

That's all it had in it. Three pics with the third being black. And the cam wouldn't turn on. I have it open getting dry for now. I haven't tried it with new batteries yet.

Edited by Steuben Jerry

34 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

First photos were from Sept 29th, 2019. In early October ‘19 a small buck raked it off the tree and pawed it around for 10 minutes. Left it face up. In mid October a Opossum came back on three successive nights and covered it with leaves. A little more each night until it was covered up. Probably pissed on it too. 

I picked it up today and it took a photo of me. Freaking Browning cams and Duracells. Killer combo.

Oh Man !  Talk about teamwork  !  Didn't realize that  Possum and Deer were in the same crime family ! Buck clocks the camera and the Possum coving up the evidence ! LOL  Great to see you found it after 1 1/2 years and it still works !  

• Like 1

I bet the Opossum saved the batteries by covering up the camera so it was unable to sense any movement and trip the camera to take pictures . I have cameras that take hundreds of pictures of nothing just because a vine , small sappling , etc moved and triggered the camera sensor .

• Like 1