Just goes to prove the elderly are invisible in American society

Grouse

6 minutes ago, Grouse said:

It's Clint Eastwood.  He can do this now because nobody even looks at folks his age in this land.

yea , Clint is like 6 4  that's  what gave it away  for me not to many 6 4 guys  at that age walking around .

He is probably happy  that now that he is old he can walk in public again like normal people do with out being bothered , I bet .

Edited by phantom

My brother lives in Manhattan Beach, California.  Every third house there is a TV, Movie or sports star currently or has been. 

But I can tell you it's considered very rude behavior to gawk, stare , point or otherwise  bring attention to them.

Most of them off their performance platform are pretty normal people with pretty normal lives. 

• Like 1

I don't see the connection, too.

I think a more obvious point would be some elderly person on a street in a blanket vs. a multi-millionaire shopping in a high end grocery store and whining about not being noticed.

I don't suspect he is feeling too down about himself or that others think he is invisible. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phade said:

I don't see the connection, too.

I think a more obvious point would be some elderly person on a street in a blanket vs. a multi-millionaire shopping in a high end grocery store and whining about not being noticed.

As I see it, Clint isn't whining about anything. Grouse is. Or attempting to make a joke.

3 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

OK - well I will admit to being very surprised that Clint does his own grocery shopping.

I know people who worked with Clint. He's very cool and humble, and takes care of his own stuff. Part of the joy of living in a place like Carmel (where he's probably not the richest cat in town) is that you can go grocery shopping and nobody cares.