LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

11 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

I was in some areas but I wasn’t getting out of the water in those spots LOL. When I saw other people doing it I felt a little more comfortable

Your a braver man then me, I have dealt with reptiles my whole life and I know gators can stay under water motionless for hours on end without surfacing, my luck I would walk right on top of one...lol. and with all the invasive fish like giant pacu, piranha etc...not me..lol

10 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

Your a braver man then me, I have dealt with reptiles my whole life and I know gators can stay under water motionless for hours on end without surfacing, my luck I would walk right on top of one...lol. and with all the invasive fish like giant pacu, piranha etc...not me..lol

Dont tell me this stuff lol.

The heck with sheds... I’ve turned to digging through the old dumps that are in the corner of every farm woods . Today’s haul , the Red jar, with a lid is going for $55-75 online , the “ Strong shoulder “ Mason jar $10-$12, up,top is a Nelson’s Bottleworks pop bottle form Hornell NY, many more to,go,through nothing super old . 

Dug out two,old milk cans, but they had holes rusted through .

Also grabbed a wasp nest .

8E6088B8-C19A-448A-9F24-A0202FCCD061.jpeg

AA08BD1E-6098-4B0A-93A5-949F62348118.jpeg

3596DC18-C9E6-46ED-8149-AF88F007F4AF.jpeg

• Like 10

Armed napping season upon us in a few weeks; trying to decide between staying in NY or running down to NE Ohio. I suspect our Ohio farms have more birds than what we know/think (seen two on one farm, plus owner has seen them this week, and one hastily set cell cam on the other farm has had a few birds go by). We have one spot that seems to be doing OK for bird activity here in NY, but it's the blind and sit all morning type of spot as nowhere else has any legit shot for us.

I'm thinking Ohio to double-duty set up stands or scout for deer season. Plus with two farms there is an ability to do small scale run and gun.

Going to doc on Thursday to get the process started to inspect my shoulder pain. Not excited. Can just tell it's something bad. Ugh. I hope I can deal without getting dialed up for surgery and missing hunting time.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2021 at 1:17 PM, Nomad said:

The heck with sheds... I’ve turned to digging through the old dumps that are in the corner of every farm woods . Today’s haul , the Red jar, with a lid is going for $55-75 online , the “ Strong shoulder “ Mason jar $10-$12, up,top is a Nelson’s Bottleworks pop bottle form Hornell NY, many more to,go,through nothing super old . 

Dug out two,old milk cans, but they had holes rusted through .

Also grabbed a wasp nest .

8E6088B8-C19A-448A-9F24-A0202FCCD061.jpeg

AA08BD1E-6098-4B0A-93A5-949F62348118.jpeg

3596DC18-C9E6-46ED-8149-AF88F007F4AF.jpeg

that's cool you found an old camo backpack too. Those things are hard to spot!

57 minutes ago, phade said:

Armed napping season upon us in a few weeks; trying to decide between staying in NY or running down to NE Ohio. I suspect our Ohio farms have more birds than what we know/think (seen two on one farm, plus owner has seen them this week, and one hastily set cell cam on the other farm has had a few birds go by). We have one spot that seems to be doing OK for bird activity here in NY, but it's the blind and sit all morning type of spot as nowhere else has any legit shot for us.

I'm thinking Ohio to double-duty set up stands or scout for deer season. Plus with two farms there is an ability to do small scale run and gun.

Going to doc on Thursday to get the process started to inspect my shoulder pain. Not excited. Can just tell it's something bad. Ugh. I hope I can deal without getting dialed up for surgery and missing hunting time.

One added bonus of turkey hunting and run n gun is deer scouting and even possible morel finding. Otherwise, I'd say it'd be a hard sell to drive that far for birds. But heck my neighbor just went to the dakotas and I know guys that drive and fly for birds so who the heck am I to give advice haha. 

2 minutes ago, Belo said:

One added bonus of turkey hunting and run n gun is deer scouting and even possible morel finding. Otherwise, I'd say it'd be a hard sell to drive that far for birds. But heck my neighbor just went to the dakotas and I know guys that drive and fly for birds so who the heck am I to give advice haha. 

It's three hours and 10 minutes to the farms. Not shabby but enough so that it'd be an overnight trip given turkey hunting times.

That time a year again . Sitting and listening local for Saturday opener. Sadly Samantha is at college and not allowed to leave campus per Covid restrictions. She’ll be home last week in May. So hunting without my buddy til then. Side notes. First ink coming up next week and ordered new plates. 5ca069ed712be7c5caa454d40c99358d.jpg
bcd21a61fcb74e1010a21d5eb21445e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 12