LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

I’m out. Zillions of squirrels and chipmunks. Saw a sharp shinned hawk come in and miss a tree rat. He flew through low and quiet hour later. Also saw mature bald Eagle fly down the creek. Same one as last year probably. I’ll hunt last few hours later. Burned myself out last year and not completely into it this year. Marathon not a sprint. 

The first week of unpressured deer can be great and then yeah I’m out till Halloween

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brother called he had a great start to the season and then his season ended with a bang.  Went to shoot a big 7.  Sounds like his limb hit the rail on his climber and blew his bow up arrow went flying the opposite way.  

He's trying to see if his friend has a back up bow or if he can get his old one shooting good

Edited by Swamp_bucks
  • Sad 1

Late start to the deer movement after that lone. Then they flooded the field, four does and one more buck.

However, we made a big mistake. Apparently the deer were still hitting beans on the adjacent field of ours. They are quite brown and dry. My hunting partner believes our target buck was in a group of six that was out there about 30 min prior to down time. Lucky he brought Binos. No real opp to make a move.

Bummer - winds don’t lend them to making a move tomorrow or Sunday if they hold.

• Like 1

Made it out for an afternoon sit after watching three bucks near my stand this morning from the house.

At 6:30 a small spike steps out and feeds for a little bit and back in.

Fifteen minutes later a spike, three point, and a basket six come out and feed. Forty five yards away, to dark to shoot, and nowhere near as big as any I saw all summer. Maybe later in the season but to early now to shoot one of those dinks.

I'll probably be sitting out for awhile with temps getting back up in the 70's.

IMG_20211001_185145[1].jpg

IMG_20211001_183440[1].jpg

• Like 2

Boys are pumped for opening day.....and they get to skip dinner and just eat snacks all night! Can't ask for a better Friday night!!052c390497e2def4c2fadf6491ac4999.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Nice. What blind is that? Looks massive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice. What blind is that? Looks massive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ameristep Silent Brickhouse.....it's definitely big. Fit 2 outdoor swivel patio chairs I garbage picked last year and a white plastic chair. Picked it up in the spring at Wally word for under a 100.00

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wife and I are up , we’ll be heading to the new lease in a bit . No cell service , so i will be on tape delay if we have any action .. Good luck to all heading out .. 

Edited by rob-c