LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

21 minutes ago, 518BowSlayer said:

I didn't plan on sitting in this stand but this sucks none the less9816a82a75182170937935bc2bebe78e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Well that stinks. Doesn't look to mangled. Is it salvageable? 

This morning was a fun hunt. We had 4 people hunting and all of us saw deer. After being too slow to climb up this morning I was too fast climbing down.  Just as I touched the ground a big doe spooked 30 yds from me. Oh well. 

One of our group shot a doe,and it was just the guy we all wanted to see succeed.  He has been bowhunting for over 5 years and has not gotten to harvest anything yet. We climbed down after giving his doe some time and helped tracking.  Good blood from the start and the doe didn't even make it 40 yds from hit site. 

We all celebrated this morning. He was way overdue.

• Like 16

11 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

This morning was a fun hunt. We had 4 people hunting and all of us saw deer. After being too slow to climb up this morning I was too fast climbing down.  Just as I touched the ground a big doe spooked 30 yds from me. Oh well. 

One of our group shot a doe,and it was just the guy we all wanted to see succeed.  He has been bowhunting for over 5 years and has not gotten to harvest anything yet. We climbed down after giving his doe some time and helped tracking.  Good blood from the start and the doe didn't even make it 40 yds from hit site. 

That's awesome right there.  

21 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

That's what hunting is all about. Congrats to the successful hunter and your hunting group for helping with the recovery and the high fives.  

• Like 1

Took the grandson with me this evening. Walked out back and up the creek. He is 4. As we are walking/ talking he stops and says wait papa, then he kneels down, points and says "right there, see it, oh man it's a squirrel. "

He was right, there were 2. We watched for a bit, then he was ready to go again. 

Best "hunt" this year so far

• Like 13