LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

I bailed, it started raining pretty good. I got 200yds down the road and something jumped out of the grass in the ditch and I thought it was a fox at first, turns out it was a fawn, couldn't have been 15lbs, all spots, it ran down someone's driveway and when I got up there to see there were 2 fawns, both ridiculously small and a big doe running off. For those fawns to be that small they must've been born in August? If that's even possible... Poor guys don't stand a chance.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, chrisw said:

I bailed, it started raining pretty good. I got 200yds down the road and something jumped out of the grass in the ditch and I thought it was a fox at first, turns out it was a fawn, couldn't have been 15lbs, all spots, it ran down someone's driveway and when I got up there to see there were 2 fawns, both ridiculously small and a big doe running off. For those fawns to be that small they must've been born in August? If that's even possible... Poor guys don't stand a chance.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

I've seen them so small like that in October they could still walk under a fence.  Def gotta think it's gonna be tougher for them to survive being born so late 

• Like 1

Tapped at 10:30…saw a 3-4 deer parade 100+ yards away working up the mountain. They stayed left instead of swinging to me. I have seen the there are n previous seasons so Wendy to check out to area and lo and behold….and opening in a rock wall. Is there a better place to kill a deer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

First hunt of the year for me. Heading to 3N. It’s 53 degrees rising to 75 later but I’ll probably only hunt till 10am. Zero wind. 654am sunrise, so 624am legal shooting.

LFG!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hunted till 1030am no deer seen. One deer (wish I could see head) followed me in 46min later

e5d85697162e97d37cdce50e30f92480.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 3

Sitting in the ground blind out of the rain in a little corner spot tonight. First time getting my kiddo out in the woods with me again this season. Pulled my camera on the way in and I'm pretty excited about this spot.

20211003_153355.jpg

20211003_154753.jpg

PICT0806.JPG

PICT0730 (1).JPG

PICT0663.JPG

Edited by josephmrtn
  • Like 21

Sitting in the ground blind out of the rain in a little corner spot tonight. First time getting my kiddo out in the woods with me again this season. Pulled my camera on the way in and I'm pretty excited about this spot.
20211003_153355.thumb.jpg.daf702f2541fac36b8b96a8ca730705f.jpg
20211003_154753.thumb.jpg.ca0baa05befb3c00e37a533bd4e05f8e.jpg
PICT0806.thumb.JPG.5926618757e6b8b527578738377771ad.JPG
1844676181_PICT0730(1).thumb.JPG.1dc6b8190698cacbac3a1004c6578e5f.JPG
PICT0663.thumb.JPG.065c2969a9b31717e909b8c4230a06dc.JPG

Good luck!!! I’ve got a lot riding on your hunt!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bailed with the rain. Had a spike pass at 40 yards again, went walk about around 11 and stalked up to a small buck laying in a bed- he was 20 yards out which is awesome, but he transitioned from laying down and just seeing his head and full tilt run so dang quick I really didn't have a chance.

Moved a stand early afternoon yesterday and got soaked in one of the downpours and a leaking boot while standing in a creek. We called the afternoon sit off with the constant rain that didn't quit. Don't do that very often but appears the right call; my cells were significantly slower than normal. I believe this afternoon could be a very good sit IMO. At a certain point deer will get up to feed and they don't appear to have been heavily on their feet yesterday evening and overnight. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bartman9 said:

Anyone hunting today?... I am at work and with no postings on this thread I might actually be forced to work!

I was out Friday for a few hours, that's it so far. I was up this morning, but decided to wait until tomorrow when the rain passes.

1 hour ago, bartman9 said:

Anyone hunting today?... I am at work and with no postings on this thread I might actually be forced to work!

I didn't, but if I did in the rain at the same spot as yesterday I may have shot this buck.

IMG_4555.jpg.ae669feab1fed224ca954f90325d9c97.jpg

• Like 3

The evening should be decent in WNY; pressure a bit low but rising nearing 30. With the weather, I think deer will be looking to feed; may get earlier movement. The minimal sign posting too might be a bit more than norm. Certainly seeing rubs and scrapes making their appearance.

Rare N wind too for this time of year, so you might be able to get into a spot or two you save for later on.

• Like 2