LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

18 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

68-75 highs now through October 18th at the least

glad i didnt take any early time off.  I took the opener and have the 18th just cause i wanted a long weekend.  Then on Oct 25th start a run of some vac time each week!  that first cold shot ought to really get things moving.  Plus it just doesnt feel the same sitting in the stand in a T shirt 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Looks like above average temps for the next 10 + days. :negative:

Not that a deer can't be killed in warm weather, it certainly can, and does happen. But hunting in it is not as fun for me. We have some work planned to do up at the farm for the next couple of weeks Also a long weekend coming up! I may try the last hour or so in the evening here or there. Will save all the "good" spots for later, when things pick up.

Got some vacation time to use in November!!

• Like 5

cams have been super quiet with the heat and rain. Sure I know it doesn't mean you wont get a shot, but it does decrease those chances for most of us non plot hunters. I never liked archery in the rain regardless with the potential loss of blood trails. Besides, both kids had great football games in the morning and the bills took care of business in the afternoon. Might get a morning sit in this week if work allows for it. Have always had better luck in the evenings of early season though.

Something is telling me to get in the woods this afternoon. I just ran home on my lunch break quick grabbed my bow and stuff. Gonna leave the office by 3 and should be in a stand by 345.  Hopefully it stays overcast and no rain.

Good luck to everyone that's hunting today.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Red said:

Something is telling me to get in the woods this afternoon. I just ran home on my lunch break quick grabbed my bow and stuff. Gonna leave the office by 3 and should be in a stand by 345.  Hopefully it stays overcast and no rain.

Good luck to everyone that's hunting today.

make me proud Red!!!  No pressure.... lol   Seriously good luck.  show us how its done! 

5 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Makes me not hate my best friend for deciding to get married this Friday in punta Cana, looks like I’ll be getting back just in time for the temp change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have a wedding to go to on Sunday too.  Since its not gonna be good hunting weather i guess i will get them something now.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'll be out this afternoon. I've seen too many deer move when it is warmer than to think they all just stay in the A/C and wait for the cooler weather to move!!  Its only 65 here, if it were not for the mosquitoes I'd rather sit in 65 than 15 lol.

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I'll be out this afternoon. I've seen too many deer move when it is warmer than to think they all just stay in the A/C and wait for the cooler weather to move!!  Its only 65 here, if it were not for the mosquitoes I'd rather sit in 65 than 15 lol.

yup. yesterday morning was a perfect temp for a sit. it was 53 degrees at sunrise and i couldn't have been more comfortable wearing pants a t shirt & hoodie

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fletch said:

You're absolutely right. I remember that warm spell we had last season and I had some shooters show up when you'd least expect it. I think for me it's just an odds game.

Deer bedded in the rain again at our daughters 10 this morning , and a Fox hanging out behind the gym parking lot . There was a herd of geese not to far from him as well . Who needs a woods to hunt in ….

D184FA1B-6551-403C-83CF-0D73F27FCD4D.jpeg

8A26217F-6131-450B-9155-F44DEA641464.jpeg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

When will someone on this forum shoot a buck? It's 10/4 and @reno223556 hasn't submitted his DNA sample yet.

I'm here! I exist. Unfortunate loss in the family on Saturday, so its been hectic. Brought my deer to Bleu's in Schoharie. The blood trail was not great but he didn't go far. I set up between food and bedding and just got lucky. I knew there were good deer back there but with two trailcams stolen, I was out there blind, standing next to a tree. I'll be getting out with my wife this week and see if we cant get her to connect for the first time. Thank you for all the congrats and good luck to everyone. Ill get more involved now that I can earn really cool badges!   

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Makes me not hate my best friend for deciding to get married this Friday in punta Cana, looks like I’ll be getting back just in time for the temp change.

Was there for my brother's wedding a couple years ago. If your single, there is hunting to be had out there. Swim from pool bar to pool bar and you should see something. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, reno223556 said:

I'm here! I exist. Unfortunate loss in the family on Saturday, so its been hectic. Brought my deer to Bleu's in Schoharie. The blood trail was not great but he didn't go far. I set up between food and bedding and just got lucky. I knew there were good deer back there but with two trailcams stolen, I was out there blind, standing next to a tree. I'll be getting out with my wife this week and see if we cant get her to connect for the first time. Thank you for all the congrats and good luck to everyone. Ill get more involved now that I can earn really cool badges!   

awesome! i was just playing around. welcome to the forum. and a great FROM THE GROUND. As of now, it's the buck of year on this forum and can only be topped by another from the ground. 

Taking advantage of no rain and the clouds this afternoon.  Not liking the temps for the rest of the week so figured I’d head out today.  Besides an occasional mosquito buzzing in the air it’s pretty quiet so far.  Hoping that will change.  

All done for the day. Went out and sat from 1230 till 445. Poored around 2 and got soaked. Second time, around 430 came with thunder. Called it quits and got out of the tree. My pockets were full of water and i was soaked.I was in the edge of pines and beech brows. Had a doe with 2 fawns come in just before first rain, and they moved on after the rain quit.

Had a doe with 1 fawn come through about 3 and brows for a bit before they left. Had another unidentified deer come by 75 plus yards in the brush 5 minutes before 2nd storm moved in. 

Seemed to have good movement,  but didnt seem wise to be up a tree in a thunderstorm. 

• Like 1

Rrrrr sit without moving a muscle for an hour. Reach out to snap this little twig bugging me in this pine and a deer 15 yards in the super thick crap off my right goes slowly bounding away lol what a pisser.