LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

4 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

glad i didnt take any early time off.  I took the opener and have the 18th just cause i wanted a long weekend.  Then on Oct 25th start a run of some vac time each week!  that first cold shot ought to really get things moving.  Plus it just doesnt feel the same sitting in the stand in a T shirt 

I prefer the edges of the rut over the middle anyway. The big bucks in my area do not have to chase anything in prime time because the buck to doe ratio is so skewed. They will just move from hot doe to hot doe. But at the edges they will have to go looking...

• Like 1

Caped and quartered. No great hero pics since we had to work quick. Son led the 3 generations track job, again and got us right to him. Never had to sit the buck bench from Oct 4 to gun, but I think I'll survive. So blessed to have what I have. I'll get something in the harvest thread soon.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 15

Caped and quartered. No great hero pics since we had to work quick. Son led the 3 generations track job, again and got us right to him. Never had to sit the buck bench from Oct 4 to gun, but I think I'll survive. So blessed to have what I have. I'll get something in the harvest thread soon.

Not even a teaser pic!? Rude...

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

awesome!  congrats! Cant wait to read the story and see the pics

13 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

I prefer the edges of the rut over the middle anyway. The big bucks in my area do not have to chase anything in prime time because the buck to doe ratio is so skewed. They will just move from hot doe to hot doe. But at the edges they will have to go looking...

I think we hunt in the same area and i can say that i have the same issue.  I've seen bucks chasing does occasionally.  But, it seems that there are at least a dozen does to every buck.  They don't have to work very hard to find a hot doe.  I think they're more likely exhausted from all the action.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fletch said:

58 and leaves dripping from the rain earlier. Won’t know ones near till it’s on me. Been in tree since 6:05 still not light enough at 7:05 to shoot lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6:45 I could shoot field edge, woods looked pitch black still lol

• Like 1

Well finally got to see deer this morning. The bummer was I was on the ground and had a doe and fawn sneak up me. Let the doe go by at what I thought was 20 yards and completely miss her. She jumped and ran and when back to eating, but I was unable to nock another arrow because small buck came and chased the doe away.

9A0377AA-28C5-4158-815E-361BB98C760B.jpeg

19D4275C-747F-4047-83BB-E2CF74ED2428.jpeg

• Like 1

Second sit of the year in 4J. Hunted 6a-9a as i had to get to work. Was also dark late in my side of woods as well. Lone doe at 7a and quiet for the remainder. I want to tag an early doe this year and she was just outside of my comfort zone. Hopefully this week/weekend.