LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Palisades parkway south ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No idea, big brother was driving and I was in back seat. I said deer, holy fuc* that’s a slammer he slowed down but not fast enough for me to get pic.

I absolutely hate traveling so we didn’t fuc * around and got to air port but probably biggest buck I’ve ever seen on the hoof in the middle of the city…

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Back to the expandable chatter.... you think I can sharpen this one and send again ? 09c1935a95e9698888fcb98e334db35d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Did it kill the deer? Did you recover it?

Edited by mowin
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bolt action said:

If I thought I pulled the shot, I'd own it. A 20 yard shot at a broadside doe gives me lots to aim at within a well practiced range. I may have blown it, but it's also possible that the blades opened and changed the arrow flight. Prior to taking to the field I was inspecting the broadheads. I recalled thinking that, when they were closed, they seemed really tight and I was afraid that they may fail to deploy if they were that tight. Based on that I worked them back and forth trying to loosen them, and didn't push them 100% closed trying to prevent any failures. Maybe I shouldn't have fiddled with this and should have trusted the equipment.

Well there you go, I was a spitfire guy for many years and always remember guys saying  how hard the blades opened and they would never shoot them. If I remember correctly NAP had a video of spitfires opening on water balloons and grape fruit. Your probably right,  they did open but from human error not the BH fault . 

Had the same doe and fawn as Friday playing around in the woods again.  They went out to the alfalfa field to feed after a little while.  On the way home there were 4 deer in my food plot near the pond. I think 1 was a buck.  I was going to sit in that stand tonight, but Huntstand showed my scent cone blowing right over it all afternoon.  As it was there was zero wind and I could have probably pulled it off.  

No hunting tomorrow, gotta finish up our tomato canning.   

• Like 3

3S….: climbing up a buck comes out . I stop climbing pull up bow and wait for a shot...new tree so never ranged anything. Thought 20. It was 30. No blood on arrow- shaved hair and gave it a shaver's cut. Tracked Bright drops for 100+ yards to no avail.
Return to tree, climb and 5:30 a fawn busts me...then 3 does show up - 2 follow the fawn. 1 drifts my way but slips in thick shit instead of continuing on trail. Crazy hunt with zero results.
916521078851c32ce5cbdc5ed8296e2a.jpg

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, crappyice said:

3S….: climbing up a buck comes out . I stop climbing pull up bow and wait for a shot...new tree so never ranged anything. Thought 20. It was 30. No blood on arrow- shaved hair and gave it a shaver's cut. Tracked Bright drops for 100+ yards to no avail.
Return to tree, climb and 5:30 a fawn busts me...then 3 does show up - 2 follow the fawn. 1 drifts my way but slips in thick shit instead of continuing on trail. Crazy hunt with zero results.

I got so pumped when I saw the post at first I figured you got one no worries I got plenty of confidence in you Time to make meat.  

• Like 2

Don’t worry! I got your back. If he travels south 0.92 miles I’ll try to seek revenge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Bummed - we had two sets of stands for this evening to consider. Went with most recent intel and it was the wrong choice.

Two shooters showed up at the other spots, one right at the end of legal time and one a solid 50 minutes prior.

We flipped the coin and lost this evening. Still saw plenty of deer but not THE deer.

• Like 4

Bummed - we had two sets of stands for this evening to consider. Went with most recent intel and it was the wrong choice.
Two shooters showed up at the other spots, one right at the end of legal time and one a solid 50 minutes prior.
We flipped the coin and lost this evening. Still saw plenty of deer but not THE deer.
Get a new coin ?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just now, The_Real_TCIII said:

Im three more mosquitoes away from getting the f out of here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Corey did his first hunt yesterday.  heres his texts.....

1-"First hunt of the year - in Roadkill"  6:46am 

2- "getting the F%^#$ out of here, mosquitoes are insane bad"  7:23am

• Like 1
  • Haha 1