LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

21 hours ago, johnplav said:

I had a fawn bedded down under my stand for 2 hours today.  His mom finally joined up with him and she wasn’t much bigger than him.  She got a pass too. 

B509A9C6-D2A4-485B-AB87-2661EAACDBC4.jpeg

Here’s a selfie of the little doe getting a pass 

519A3F4D-648C-4B4B-A4A4-39D7A86A4BC3.png

• Like 1

Here's the quick version. My buddy shot a buck last night. He recovered the arrow and thought the arrow struck further back than ideal. 20 yd quartering slightly away shot. Deer then ran straight into standing corn. He waited a few hours, looked and found blood but bumped the deer. He backed out. His concern with not getting it last night was the heat and coyotes. This morning he went back out at first light, but lost the trail in the corn. My son and I showed up to help. As we're pulling in, we see a dead buck not 10yds behind the back deck on the lawn. My buddy was a few hundred yds back and had no idea. It literally circled around and died right behind the house. Since it was recovered at that point, I showed my son the blood trail and what to look for and what to consider when trailing what could be an injured deer. All in all a great morning. I thought it was an 8 originally but it turned out to be a 7 pt.

IMG_20211010_090157499_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211010_094428590_HDR.jpg

• Like 28

4 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Nothing again today but one of my target bucks is back. Reopened 10 big rubs found his tracks and his bed.  His bed is 15yards off the road.   So now I know he's back time to play the chess game.  I opened up a scrape while I was there. I won't be back for another 2 weeks since I was so  close to his bed. Needs some time to settle back down

What is the logic on two weeks? In two weeks, things are markedly different.

If the bed worked you should take another shot way before two weeks.

2 hours ago, phade said:

Mainly I won't be here.  Do you think he would be back quick since I didn't jump him from it?  This hunting buck beds is still new to me.  Take any info on it I can get

Awesome they turned over the field I use to get to this stand , long walk in couple hour drag out , no doe will be shot here !

havent been to this stand in a year , knew I’d never find it in the dark . Opened up trail across the creek and to stand with machete.

This spot needs a lot of trimming perhaps in a week after a morning hunt in a different stand .

littke hope for tonight 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phade said:

I agree with phade. Get on him now, while you know he's close by! Sometimes, it pays to be a bit on the aggressive side. Two weeks from now he could be a mile or more away! Especially if he didn't see or smell you! Go get him!

• Like 1

Nothing again today but one of my target bucks is back. Reopened 10 big rubs found his tracks and his bed.  His bed is 15yards off the road.   So now I know he's back time to play the chess game.  I opened up a scrape while I was there. I won't be back for another 2 weeks since I was so  close to his bed. Needs some time to settle back down

Go there tonight! Where he is today could be miles from where he is tomorrow let alone 2 weeks!

Too much emphasis is put on pressure in modern hunting! I will hunt where they are today over where they might be in 2 weeks every time!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go there tonight! Where he is today could be miles from where he is tomorrow let alone 2 weeks!

Too much emphasis is put on pressure in modern hunting! I will hunt where they are today over where they might be in 2 weeks every time!!!!!!

It’s because people watch hunting shows where guys hunt farms that are 1000’s of acres where they have the luxury to not pressure deer and the resources to keep them in one spot

It’s because people watch hunting shows where guys hunt farms that are 1000’s of acres where they have the luxury to not pressure deer and the resources to keep them in one spot

Couldn’t tell you the last time I watched a hunting show….

5 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Next day I can hunt is tuesday morning before my PA trip so if the winds right I'll go back in

In. First sit here and already learning wind isn’t doing what it should here. Getting way more SW direction. As soon as I realized I got snorted at twice downstream. I have deer between me n truck now and no real other moves. Rarely do this but I’ll stick it out. Still have one major route in play. 

87120BC1-20A6-42EC-A37A-4D4EE23ED31A.jpeg

Edited by phade
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Actually that’s a lie I like the hunting public’s turkey hunts. Have never watched their deer hunts.

Some of those bucks they kill on state land are huge I wish we had that many big bucks on state land  the one show it was a buck parade they had to be 7 or 8 bucks in a little 10acre area 

• Like 2