LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

8 hours ago, cdbing said:

Same location? If so, maybe change it up. If not, better luck next time. It happens.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Same location.plan on sitting diff stand this coming weekend.last year i saw deer in this stand just about every sit,just one of those things!!!!!

No buck ,gave enough money to that taxidermist on here lol .Went for the double but I had a football party to get too ,and it’s too hot to be dealing with all this right now lol.Already been skinning worthless shot coyotes the past few nights .

Anyway ,literally didn’t go 20.took out heart.

In and out shot 07B4B5FD-EEDC-4307-828F-06CA92E180FE.thumb.jpeg.7b2327b316f007a9f7e5ed2c583dc1e6.jpegDCC7D4EB-A65E-440C-9F9E-122E10D119BC.thumb.jpeg.34ce9864809d6cbc1b5fbe6d428e9809.jpeg

Edited by WNYTRPR
  • Like 22
  • Haha 1

No one is live this morning?????.....Bills game with the hour delay killed me. Just getting moving now.....maybe get out in a bit with the boys for some bushy tails and move a few cams. Gonna be 80 in wny this afternoon so that will be reserved for some pool time!

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Live from ambulatory surgery. Little squirrel was doing tricks in his bike back in April and landed wrong, breaking his leg real bad. See pic. Well, today they go back in his leg to remove the 10” bar and 13 screws. Poor kid messed up his whole summer and now his deer season. Here’s to a speedy recovery. Love you. 1f3a7c95c1df0fcc13d242a2fa84b7cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Sad 7

51 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

No one is live this morning?????.....Bills game with the hour delay killed me. Just getting moving now.....maybe get out in a bit with the boys for some bushy tails and move a few cams. Gonna be 80 in wny this afternoon so that will be reserved for some pool time!

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Didn’t watch the whole game, but I shut off the alarm at 5AM . It’s going to be 80, and nothing at my spot is moving much , no thanks . Maybe next week end .

Dang, hope he recovers smooth. Plenty of seasons left for him I bet.

Last night was an abomination. First time in this stand, and no bow holder despite making a note to bring one. Sweet.

SSE wind was moving SW, either due to bad wind prediction or the lay of the land. That was problematic, as soon as I realized it in the stand and started the guessing game - no other stand here and not alot of movable options - a doe decided to come downwind and let me know what she thought of me 2x before leaving. At 6:40 prime time, she comes back and proceeds to do the same 41 times....41 blows in 15 minutes. No shot due to grapevines hanging between us. She wouldn't leave, couldn't find me, but knew I was there. I didn't want to give up the stand either but did yell at her once and nothing. Due to property lines I may end up putting on my leafy suit and sitting the ground this weekend to hopefully take her out as she came off a neighbor. A true SSE would have been nicer, lol.

At least the Bills won.

Edited by phade

7 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Had a few new bucks this morning on cam.   Thinking they may be starting to feed in the winter wheat.  Killable just before 7am.   But I am going to wait it out a bit more before diving in.  

6E89508E-6F09-4DBD-8117-C82D45F67603.png

Is the WW in a plot that you planted or ag field? I haven't seen much activity at all yet in the WW field next to my house. Beauty of a buck! I just had a new buck show up last night as well. Encouraging!

40 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Is the WW in a plot that you planted or ag field? I haven't seen much activity at all yet in the WW field next to my house. Beauty of a buck! I just had a new buck show up last night as well. Encouraging!

Its a field.   They may not be feeding there yet.  I just guessed because I had two new nice bucks only minutes apart this morning.  I doubt they are seeking does already.   But I guess there is movement when they start getting territorial.

3 minutes ago, Belo said:

or you could be like me and shoot mechanicals not through shoulders?

haha just busting balls. great job man!

Nah. I blast my 2"  hyperdomics through the shoulder all the time. I cannot get a complete pass through but it has always traveled all the way through to the otherside.. Not exactly where I was aiming but it worked..;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

Had a few new bucks this morning on cam.   Thinking they may be starting to feed in the winter wheat.  Killable just before 7am.   But I am going to wait it out a bit more before diving in.  

6E89508E-6F09-4DBD-8117-C82D45F67603.png

Interesting because I too had bucks show up on 2 different properties, 3 different cams this morning. Some decent ones too. Still early before shooting light and only one tweener around 7:30. But after weeks of pretty quiet cams, it was a nice morning. Oddly had deer moving Friday night in the high 70's lol. Yearling bucks and does but still surprised me.

IMG_0183.JPG.1d5f1bfae619ef8b6ad174c1e81b94ab.JPG

Live from the office, Hunted Saturday and Sunday. Purchased two cell cams this season. Saturday I had activity in the morning at a stand i wasn't in. So i sat there yesterday and saw nothing. Then a few more pics again this morning. Frustrating. Nobody has laid eyes on a deer yet on the lease.....Hopefully its just too warm...

1 hour ago, ApexerER said:

Live from the office, Hunted Saturday and Sunday. Purchased two cell cams this season. Saturday I had activity in the morning at a stand i wasn't in. So i sat there yesterday and saw nothing. Then a few more pics again this morning. Frustrating. Nobody has laid eyes on a deer yet on the lease.....Hopefully its just too warm...

Maybe you were upwind of their bedding ?

Edited by WNYTRPR

1 hour ago, ApexerER said:

Same wind all three days?