LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

7 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

Maybe you were upwind of their bedding ?

5 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Same wind all three days?

Sunday there was no wind to speak of. Very rare where i hunt that it was so still. Milk weed would just fall almost straight down. It more of a light breeze on Saturday. No idea what the wind is doing there this morning...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

Sunday there was no wind to speak of. Very rare where i hunt that it was so still. Milk weed would just fall almost straight down. It more of a light breeze on Saturday. No idea what the wind is doing there this morning...

Besides them winding you before they get to your stand ,maybe they are spotting you first ?Any guys hunting that morning in another stand nearby?

2 hours ago, Belo said:

Interesting because I too had bucks show up on 2 different properties, 3 different cams this morning. Some decent ones too. Still early before shooting light and only one tweener around 7:30. But after weeks of pretty quiet cams, it was a nice morning. Oddly had deer moving Friday night in the high 70's lol. Yearling bucks and does but still surprised me.

IMG_0183.JPG.1d5f1bfae619ef8b6ad174c1e81b94ab.JPG

would you starve to death or move to eat regardless of temperature?

3 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Its a field.   They may not be feeding there yet.  I just guessed because I had two new nice bucks only minutes apart this morning.  I doubt they are seeking does already.   But I guess there is movement when they start getting territorial.

They are going thru the motions. 

1F9488D0-4BF0-4A5A-A01C-116429CA59CB.png

• Like 5

1 hour ago, WNYTRPR said:

Besides them winding you before they get to your stand ,maybe they are spotting you first ?Any guys hunting that morning in another stand nearby?

Other guys were hunting, Closest was probably 500 yds away if not farther. I have had that stand for years. Haven't ever been picked off in the past. I think its just hunting....

I’m running down after work to take advantage of the 80 degree weather to put up a new stand.  There’s a trail that used to get descent deer traffic, but it’s definitely increased this year.  Iv got 2 trees in mind that could work, but one is huge… might need to double up the straps to put a ladder up it. 

Proud of my nephews ones been hunting 2 years the other 3. They've already both taken good turkeys and their first deer.  Both deer taken in their first years of deer hunting.  They are going to give us a run for our money the next couple years. They are like sponges tell them something and they just soak it all up and never have to remind them.  The rest of the year is to try and get their 1st bow kills. 

Honestly wish I had their composure when I was that age. They keep there cool until the shots done. 

• Like 4

Not sure what kinda tree this is, but it’s a beast.  Tough to hang a stand when you can’t reach around the tree but I got it done.  This stand overlooks a spot where three trails converge and should be more stable on windy days compared to the pines I’m normally in. 

5C540454-3B38-4177-86F9-479D759A3718.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Finishing packing for my PA trip. Leave tomorrow around 5pm to head to camp. One of my friends is going down at 3 to setup camp for us.  Really excited about this trip

Good luck!!  But more important, have fun!!!

• Like 1