LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

14 hours ago, crappyice said:

3S sit tonight…71degress and thick with skeeters… had a quick visitor upon getting settled in tree. Only allowed to target deer here
d69ef2772f7b1edbdab90878a2fee6b8.jpg

Happy COLUMBUS day!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that one of the westchester programs? Just wait till that thing gets a hold of one of these coyotes gets a hold of someone’s fancy golden doodle. It’ll be open season all year 

• Like 2

Sad. Coyotes are not taking down a healthy buck this time of year so its either car, hunter wounded or EHD.

Back from my short Old Forge vacation and stoked to see all the successful youngsters. I would have loved to had these ages allowed when my kids were there.....

78 friggin degrees out lol gonna be a warm sit tonight!!

• Like 1

Truck and trailers are packed, food bought, truck gassed up.  Waiting for the kids to get home from school then off to dance and dropping the youngest off to my wife then heading to PA for the week.  My wife made a pot of chili for the trip so that will be tomorrow's dinner. 

I'll try to update everyday while I'm down there. Not picky it'll be first legal buck. 1.5 5 point or 4yr old 12pt doesn't matter to me just want that experience with my friends.

• Like 15

30 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Sad. Coyotes are not taking down a healthy buck this time of year so its either car, hunter wounded or EHD.

Back from my short Old Forge vacation and stoked to see all the successful youngsters. I would have loved to had these ages allowed when my kids were there.....

78 friggin degrees out lol gonna be a warm sit tonight!!

Hey hope you left some beer there , we go up,tomorrow ! Leaves near peak I hear ? I may get out Sat AM time to turn it up ! 

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Hey hope you left some beer there , we go up, tomorrow ! Leaves near peak I hear ? I may get out Sat AM time to turn it up ! 

We may or may not have spent way to many hours drinking at the Tow Bar!! Leaves on this side of Old Forge are just past prime on the north/north east side just in prime. As of a couple days ago. 

Have fun.

• Like 1

Well I'm pretty sure this is the buck and the last pic is coyotes eating him. I found him laying dead not even 15 yards from where he laid down in the pic. Right where those yotes are. I'm thinking either ehd or shot by another hunter and then the dogs found hima2b931202cccc233cbcc88f6abe62ba2.jpg32ba7edb19b75f04cd815c49157ab6e0.jpg4778934f98c3d30f281c6caa364de90b.jpg126bd0aa8ab85bf95ba8ee751a68a75e.jpgac5ea85ff8d96121b1d4cbffdca03a24.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

43 minutes ago, 518BowSlayer said:

Well I'm pretty sure this is the buck and the last pic is coyotes eating him. I found him laying dead not even 15 yards from where he laid down in the pic. Right where those yotes are. I'm thinking either ehd or shot by another hunter and then the dogs found him

Certainly doesn't look sick or malnourished. Gut shot?

• Like 1

I’ve never been this excited to be in NYC. Just landed In jfk after a week in punta cana. I learned that I’m not a resort guy after the 2nd day I couldn’t wait to leave but my buddy had a nice wedding and I’m happy I was there for it. Now a 4.5hr drive home and will be back in the stand for an am hunt.

• Like 14

This isn't good. Hopefully it was coyotes and not EHD. Pretty nice 8 pt...what a shame 2a71cc78192646a0906c23df8af76ca1.jpg58ea24e6ea28ad1f5b084246407bbd53.jpg

If it was eaten like that yotes… my guess a bow Hunter didn’t recover