LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Well at least we know the Adirondack deer will be well fed lol. Apples 50 lbs bags $7 carrots $6-$7  50lbs and 100 lbs of corn $13. All along the roads up here. It's crazy!

Did a truck crash or someone dumped them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No people get the dropped apples by the bin at local orchards by the truck beds rounded. Carrots come by dump truck and people bag them and put by the road there from Canada. Corn is sold by the bag by a dairy farmer. Either on road side or signs points where to go. Wonder why I'm not seeing deer in my neighbors agricultureal fields. Warm to I'm guessing.

• Thanks 1

I went out with my wife and some of her co-workers last night for drinks and on the way home we saw an absolute slammer just down the road from my house on a property I can hunt. A really big deer for around here. I turned around to see if I could get a better look but they were not by the road anymore.

I know where I will focus my efforts. Not much for bedding on the property,but there is a point with young beech trees that bucks like to bed on. I will investigate this weekend. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, 518BowSlayer said:

Well I'm pretty sure this is the buck and the last pic is coyotes eating him. I found him laying dead not even 15 yards from where he laid down in the pic. Right where those yotes are. I'm thinking either ehd or shot by another hunter and then the dogs found hima2b931202cccc233cbcc88f6abe62ba2.jpg32ba7edb19b75f04cd815c49157ab6e0.jpg4778934f98c3d30f281c6caa364de90b.jpg126bd0aa8ab85bf95ba8ee751a68a75e.jpgac5ea85ff8d96121b1d4cbffdca03a24.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I've heard scuttlebutt that CWD is down here in the valley.....  They found some neat the railroad tracks last fall?

Good luck to all. Three days out of the woods for me due to work and stuff around the house needing done. Probably in a stand tomorrow evening and looking forward to the temp drop this weekend although rain may be a factor.

• Like 1

Most all the work we needed to do up at the farm is done. Now I can start to focus on hunting!!! 

My nephew's first year bowhunting, so will take him over to the lake property this weekend. Good chance he can get a shot at something over there, for his first deer. He just got married a few weeks ago. Told him this stuff is addicting, his new bride will be made a "hunting widow" ! He just laughed, and said, that's ok, she's already used to being a "fishing widow"!!! lol.......  Great hard working kid. 

At this stage, I much more enjoy being a mentor, than a hunter myself. His time will be limited though, with a new home to take care of, so I'll get to wear both hats.

• Like 16

Found what I wanted to see on first quick scout. Rubs leading up put of an apple orchard with rubs on each side of the trees and 2 rub lines met at 1 spot with the scrapes on a bench at the end of the ridge. It got thick about 100yards in front so we backed out. One will sit that bench and the other will swing around and sit the next bench up. Wind is supposed to be the same as this morning. Off to go check a swamp now.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

I went out with my wife and some of her co-workers last night for drinks and on the way home we saw an absolute slammer just down the road from my house on a property I can hunt. A really big deer for around here. I turned around to see if I could get a better look but they were not by the road anymore.

I know where I will focus my efforts. Not much for bedding on the property,but there is a point with young beech trees that bucks like to bed on. I will investigate this weekend. 

I will be claiming BowmanMike on Sunday!  Calling first dibs! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2nd spot yielded less sign however the biggest scrape we found was here along with a good rub. However as I found the scrape someone hiking walked right through it and onto the island I was planning on sitting tonight. So I will give a break tonight and check it tomorrow.  

Other picture is view from our camp

20211013_112630.jpg

20211013_104941.jpg

20211013_130246.jpg

• Like 2

View for tonight in pa. 2 scraped 20yards to my left rubs in all directions.  Little bench that goes straight uphill and then straight down hill.  Wind was perfect came in from below the ridge and came right to my tree and up 16ft.  I have a friend above me 100 yards covering the next bench. Point of the ridge is less than 100yardd and its thick. That's where I am expecting the deer to be coming from.

20211013_142210.jpg

• Like 3

I haven't been out with the bow in over a week.  I'm getting out of work at 3.  Get the youngest off of the school bus at 325 and then heading up to a local spot for the evening. It's most likely the only sit that I'll squeeze in until the weekend of the 23rd.  Bring on the action.

• Like 4