LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Young for just spent 10 minutes in front of me and my cell cam and my cell cam only took 2 shitty pics. 
Then young one finally feed behind me and just before getting out of sight I seen another young one and momma catch up with her.
IMG_20211013_181709.thumb.jpg.03cf203df61e8d6cf23d7c743314a933.jpg
IMG_20211013_181716.thumb.jpg.173ac029faac8cd21c6149b474ecb613.jpg
#sendit......I need pts.!!

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Promising first sit in the new stand. I saw a decent 1.5 year old buck circle around out of range.  Then had a fawn and small doe come in and sit underneath me for the last 45 minutes of light chomping away on acorns and hickory nuts.  I regretted passing on the doe when those bastards ended up staying half hour past dark and I was late for dinner anyway. 

• Like 1

Nothing tonight. Come to find out there's a gun range close by and they were shooting all day. Plus it had a bunch of traffic. So we are going to ditch that piece and focus the rest of the trip on the other.
If there's a gun range nearby don't let it persuade you from returning. The deer are used to it. We used to have deer come out 120 yds behind the trap shooting houses while we were shooting. It's just like anything else, it becomes normal to them. Doesn't make for a peaceful sit though...

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, chrisw said:

If there's a gun range nearby don't let it persuade you from returning. The deer are used to it. We used to have deer come out 120 yds behind the trap shooting houses while we were shooting. It's just like anything else, it becomes normal to them. Doesn't make for a peaceful sit though...

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Normally stuff like that wouldn't be it was a little over the top and to close for comfort.  Could here people almost at the point of having a fist fight. We may try again later in the week but for now we have other pieces to check out.

• Like 1

Normally stuff like that wouldn't be it was a little over the top and to close for comfort.  Could here people almost at the point of having a fist fight. We may try again later in the week but for now we have other pieces to check out.
Agree that's a little close. We have a gun club adjacent to one of the properties we hunt as well. I have watched deer many times browse the field as the guys are shooting trap or skeet all hours of the day. Those deer don't give a hoot about any of the shooting or yelling.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, G-Man said:

Leaf structure and bark has me leaning toward mulberry. White mulberry.. have you seen fruit in summer? 

This is my 8th season hunting this property and never paid attention to this tree until Monday when I hung the stand.  Guess I’ll have to wait and see what the fruit look like.  I’m starting to lean toward hackberry… now that I know that’s a thing. 

2 hours ago, Chef said:

Taking the term road hunting to a whole new meaning love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. That's the thruway. I hate listening to the noise of the traffic but the spot has a bunch of deer and a few nice bucks.  I enter in off the thruway to keep my scent out of the area.

7 hours ago, johnplav said:

This is my 8th season hunting this property and never paid attention to this tree until Monday when I hung the stand.  Guess I’ll have to wait and see what the fruit look like.  I’m starting to lean toward hackberry… now that I know that’s a thing. 

The dingleberry tree has fragrant  brown fruit suspended from a  curly, hairlike strand....

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Fletch said:

Well did not exactly sneak in! Bumped one up top twice, bumped another down by stand and had another blow at me for 10 minutes after I got up. No bueno!
61 degrees from the Hole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re covered in deer!